Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

How fast are you?

Fastest Skater

(Individual Event)

2003: Marian Gaborik, 13.713 seconds

2002: Sami Kapanen, 14.039 seconds

2001: Bill Guerin, 13.690 seconds

2000: Sami Kapanen, 13.649 seconds

1999: Peter Bondra, 14.640 seconds

1998: S. Niedermayer, 13.560 seconds

1997: Peter Bondra, 13.610 seconds

1996: Mike Gartner, 13.386 seconds

1994: Sergei Fedorov, 13.525 seconds

1993: Mike Gartner, 13.510 seconds

1992: Sergei Fedorov, 14.363 seconds

I find those times pretty interesting...by dates.....you might think all this "new technology" and lightweight skates would help. I think the actual biggest variable which is not very measurable is "how fast was the ice?"

Great point MDE............the biggest thing no one wants to admit is that all this new "technoology" ( that doesn't improve fit) doesn't really help directly.

The only thing I can imagine is if the "spring coil" in the synergy skate has a similar effect the clap skate had on speed skating by somehow making a person's stride more efficient.

But from the sounds of it all it does is help make your toe snap a little quicker if it works at all.

Keep in mind these happen in February and the NHL send their ice expert in to make sure conditions are as good as possible.

2004 Minnesota

2003 Sunrise (FL)

2002 Los Angeles

2001 Colorado

2000 Toronto

1999 Tampa Bay

1998 Vancouver

1997 San Jose

1996 Boston

1994 NY Rangers

1993 Montreal

1992 Philadelphia

I was going to say that the 1996 time for Mike gartner should have an asterisk, until I realized that was the season the Bruins moved into the Fleet Center....the old Boston Gardens was a short rink..maybe 190 feet?

depends on how old you are and what you play bomba, if you're (not to be obnoxious, just an example) a 40yr beerleaguer, it'd be amazing, but if you're 17 and going into juniors/ohl/chl/ahl, it'd be less amazing

depends on how old you are and what you play bomba, if you're (not to be obnoxious, just an example) a 40yr beerleaguer, it'd be amazing, but if you're 17 and going into juniors/ohl/chl/ahl, it'd be less amazing

Yeah, there are guys out there who can compete speed wise, but not necessarily with skills, strength, or mental abilities. So it does kind of depend on where you play, which is?

I've never been timed actually which is quite weird. But am able to keep up and in some cases surpass some of the top skaters in the A/Pro league. Some guys who were born and taught in Europe or Canada. One bloke in particular from Belgium one of the fastest "off the start skaters" Im able to keep up with and that in itself is a result not many guys can lay claim too.

Its funny considering over the past 6 months I've gone from "Unco trying to RUN on skates" boy to "Holy crap, he's flying now like shit off a shovel!"

Resurrection isn't one of my talents............but I finally got around to finding a stopwatch.

I got 16.38 seconds on my first try in a 200x85 ft. rink on a 1/2 hollow, 7ft. radius.

Haha my goal for the end of the summer is to do 15.31 seconds...........Coffey's NHL point totals; 1,531 :D

I think the fastest time recorded at an NHL all star game was just a hair over 13 seconds for one lap, a la mike gartner...........

anyone ever bring a stopwatch and time yourself? I know not all rinks are the same size but just for kicks.

I've never done it myself but I bet my lard ass could haul myself around a rink in about 20-30 seconds <_< :P

I think I just found a new years resolution.................. :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure I could make it around in 30 (minutes), but that's only if they let me stop for a beer break when I pass the bench (for inspirational purposes only, of course)

I got entered as fastest skater for my team in a Bantam B skills comp and I took third with 16.2 seconds when I was breaking in my 8090s. Fastest was 15.8.

I got entered as fastest skater for my team in a Bantam B skills comp and I took third with 16.2 seconds when I was breaking in my 8090s. Fastest was 15.8.

Sry, are u on Montclair? (rival team of mine)

my team did a skills and we did fastest skater but we had the nets at around the blue line. i did 12 sec.

I did a timed skate around the rink, a few years ago, and I think I clocked in at about 14.7-14.9..That might be a little faster, since that time was in bantam AAA

Sry, are u on Montclair? (rival team of mine)

Nope.

Just did this actually, clocked in at 19.04 seconds. Alright for a house league/highschool kid I guess. It's my acceleration that kills me, I just can't blast out of the blocks like others, I could probably shave off close to a second or at least .5 of one.

In a roller hockey skills comp. last year I did a lap in either high 15's or 16, can't remember the exact time. It was a big rink though, slightly bigger than your typical roller rink. I know that's roller and not ice, but I've never been timed on ice...

I'm getting nitrous, some racing stickers all over my helmet, and a big coffee can exhaust in the back of my skates, and I should be able to run 10's all day :D

I don't trust these timers or whatever. The odds are a stop watch is being used. Have you ever used a stop watch and started and then stopped it as fast as you can and it takes about 0.2 seconds. Factor in when he thinks it shoulds be started and stopped and you can have almost 1 second right there.