Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Fit: CCM Resistance vs. Bauer Re-AKT

Can anyone comment on the difference in width between these 2 helmets? I am presently in a Medium Bauer Re-AKT, which fits me pretty well. I am considering purchasing the CCM Resistance (size large is what the guide says). Will the CCM be too wide, if the Re-AKT was a snug fit? My head size is 23.5, not sure how I would describe my head- I think it's just normal regarding width and things.

My kid has a medium Re-Akt. It fits but rides a bit high on his head. He tried a large Resistance today and it sits much better on his head and he said the helmet felt comfortable on his head (which is rare right off the bat).

When I tried it on it felt painfully tight in the temple region compared to a reakt I have.

I agree with this. The fit of the helmet is very narrow. I found it VERY uncomfortable. The new pads in the helmet were very stiff.

I agree with this. The fit of the helmet is very narrow. I found it VERY uncomfortable. The new pads in the helmet were very stiff.

Agreed. Could use some comfort foam layered over the impact pods

Agreed. Could use some comfort foam layered over the impact pods

It needs a whole lot more than comfort foam over the pads. I had the helmet on my head for 5 seconds before I took it off my head. There was absolutely no cushion whatsoever in the helmet. Ouch.

Of course, fit is subjective for everyone.

I'm actually extremely upset that they discontinued the V10 for this garbage helmet.sub par looks and bulky, all round uncomfortable padding system.. definitely a thumbs down on my end.

Just because you may not think it looks cool and is uncomfortable doesn't mean its a bad helmet. I recall when the re-akt came out people said it looked bad too, and now its regarded as a good looking helmet. Besides the fact that aesthetics shouldn't matter, their new system is actually well built, and isn't based on 2003 technology like the V10 was. Its a huge leap forward for the hockey world & CCM to have the helmet come to production that's gone away from the traditional EPP & comfort padding.

Lastly since it doesn't fit you correctly doesn't mean its a bad helmet - the Re-akt doesn't fit everybody either. No helmet fits 100% of players perfect.

Just because you may not think it looks cool and is uncomfortable doesn't mean its a bad helmet. I recall when the re-akt came out people said it looked bad too, and now its regarded as a good looking helmet. Besides the fact that aesthetics shouldn't matter, their new system is actually well built, and isn't based on 2003 technology like the V10 was. Its a huge leap forward for the hockey world & CCM to have the helmet come to production that's gone away from the traditional EPP & comfort padding.

Lastly since it doesn't fit you correctly doesn't mean its a bad helmet - the Re-akt doesn't fit everybody either. No helmet fits 100% of players perfect.

well said! if i went by fit and comfort alone, i would say the Reakt is horrible, but it just doesnt fit my head right. Theres a good chance that the Resistance doesnt either, however.

Very true and I didn't think about that aspect. Just giving personal opinion. Advances have to be made with products to sell them and I understand that. I think it was more of just anger speaking since my favorite helmet is being killed. I Apologize.

Got to try it today.......not a fan.

I thought the R.E.D. pads would be more substantial and the Pods would be a lil softer/ more compressible.

But the look and fitting system are decent

the CCM Resistance, IMO, is the best helmet out. it has a thin profile and sits snug on my dome without any pain at all. i tried on a lot of different bauer and rbk. they were all fine too, but the ccm stood out hands down for me. the bauers tend to sit higher on my head.

on a side note, the pads didnt pull my hair like the gel pads on certain models of bauers and rbk.

Will the Bauer Hybrid (size Large) cage/ visor combo fit on a size medium Resistance helmet? I tried on the Resistance- I like it in Medium; not sure if my visor will fit it though.

I tried on a large Resistance helmet today. The sizing seemed similar to the medium re-akt (the resistance felt slightly snugger near the temples, but was still comfortable for me - not as comfy as my cascade, but definitely not uncomfortable). I also felt it looked better in the mirror than the re-akt, but that's subjective.

Cosmic, I seem to remember you posting that your head is 23.5 inches around - my head happens to be exactly the same circumference. I didn't bother trying on a medium as the large resistance felt snug, but comfortable. If you've tried it on and are sure you're a medium then go for it, but if you haven't tried it on I'd say you're probably better off with a large resistance.

I tried on a large Resistance helmet today. The sizing seemed similar to the medium re-akt (the resistance felt slightly snugger near the temples, but was still comfortable for me - not as comfy as my cascade, but definitely not uncomfortable). I also felt it looked better in the mirror than the re-akt, but that's subjective.

Cosmic, I seem to remember you posting that your head is 23.5 inches around - my head happens to be exactly the same circumference. I didn't bother trying on a medium as the large resistance felt snug, but comfortable. If you've tried it on and are sure you're a medium then go for it, but if you haven't tried it on I'd say you're probably better off with a large resistance.

I tried on both and yes I am 23.5 - I think I mistakenly wrote 22.5 on this post. The medium Resistance actually fit me perfectly. The large was too big, and it pressed funny into the back of my head. It would seem to make sense that the medium would also press funny into the back of my head, but it didn't. I can't explain why.

So, I decided to just go with the Inhaler, as the helmet for my shield. I got some info that the new Bauer shields won't fit the Resistance, which made the decision easier. Price tag is favorable for inhaler. If these bladders are the real deal on June resistance, and I played in a checking league, then I'd reconsider. But I am strictly beer league,and the resistance technology seems theoretical at this time. I know about U of Ottawa and all, but until a year or two goes by and hundreds of people are wearing and have feedback, then to me it's just theory at this point.

I’m not sure if I did the right thing. I ordered a large resistance helmet (arrives tomorrow) based on the size charts and some research about those who already tried the helmet. I have a large reebok 7 k on the narrower point. My head is 23” inches around. Any thoughts from those who already tried the helmet?