Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3mar67

Are These Skates Too Big?

Judging by the imprint of the toes, would these skates appear to be too long for the foot?

Should the toes be closer to the end of the cap?

SFeetPic.jpg

I would guess that they are several sizes too big based on that picture. My toes are right up to (and slightly off) the edges of my insoles.

what size shoe and skate combination are you working with here?

The picture I posted in the first post is from a 8.5 D size CCM Tacks 3052.....I wear size 10 shoes.

The skates were a gift, and are too big.....but I did try them for a few recreational skates.

The picture I posted in the first post is from a 8.5 D size CCM Tacks 3052.....I wear size 10 shoes.

The skates were a gift, and are too big.....but I did try them for a few recreational skates.

Odd as I wear size 10 shoe and wear 8.5 EE in my Nexus 8000 and 8 E in my CCM RBZ. You can see how close my toes are on my insoles in the photo I posted, and there's a way bigger space on yours. My toes fully touch the toe cap in both skates.

Undo your laces several eyelets down, put your foot in and push it forward until your toes are touching the front. You should have a #2 pencil width space or less depending on fit preference between your heel and the back of the skate's heel pocket.

Undo your laces several eyelets down, put your foot in and push it forward until your toes are touching the front. You should have a #2 pencil width space or less depending on fit preference between your heel and the back of the skate's heel pocket.

I've tried that...but even with the laces completely out, I can't reach the end of the toecap no matter how far or how hard I push.

My toes just won't reach. And there is probably room for two pencils in the back.

EDIT -- Just tried again and pushed really hard.

I got my toes to touch,but pinky was in pain...and there was room for maybe 2.5 pencils in back.

Oh wow! I would say yes for sure! My insole to judge by

Uesy9C.jpg

Thanks for posting your pic BRUINS_FAN_74. I needed something to compare mine to.

It looks like a wider foot was compensated for by moving up in size rather than going with a wider skate.

I've learned this is exactly what happen when I got my Supremes, should have gone with a half size down and had the toe area stretched a little.

Problem is, when I size length and width correctly, the heels are too wide. I also have a depth issue.

Not a huge deal, but once a question creeps in, it just eats at me.

Unless you changed the insoles, I would say they were too big for the guy that gave them to you.

If you put in those Superfeet & only tried themfor a few rec skates, I'd say they are at least a couple sizes too big for you & you need to wash your socks more often :).

I'm wearing Tacks as well and I actually dropped 2.5 sizes from my shoe size and if I managed to find EE in 3 sizes down, I probably could've dropped 3 since the length felt perfect but width was killing me. I'd guess you're a 7.5 max considering you're a 10 shoe but its a bit hard to judge just based on shoe size alone with the different brands and sizing and all. When you're picking a size, make sure your toes are at least feathering (no gap) the end after you have them laced and standing up.

2,5 sizes down.. Which lead to my question, how loose do you wear your shoes? Cuz, i wear size 9us sneakers, (sometimes even 8.5us) and my skates are 8's. Toes touching the toecap even when i sit down..

2,5 sizes down.. Which lead to my question, how loose do you wear your shoes? Cuz, i wear size 9us sneakers, (sometimes even 8.5us) and my skates are 8's. Toes touching the toecap even when i sit down..

I wear size 10 shoes...slightly loose on me.

Id say you could easily and realistically go down to 7 - 7.5

You're right.

I returned the Bauer One.8's because the toebox was too cramped, and causing pain after wearing them around the house a couple of days.

I decided to go to a LHS about 20 minutes from my home instead of the national retail chains I had been going to.

I had crossed the Vapors off my list because I tried the 4.0 and 5.0 (on clearance) and I was getting heel lift in my left skate.

But, I decided to try the new x series just for the heck of it.

I ended up buying a pair of X80's in size 7.

They feel good and the length is just right.

Also, it's the only skate where the pencil test is a pass.

And as an added bonus, the LHS owner took my size 8.5 skates in on trade and also took 35% off the retail price of the new ones...which I was satisfied with.

I feel I took a drop in quality from the One.8's, but these fit better on me.

x80pic.jpg

My 2nd large toe touches the toe cap in my Makos. Not to the point it hurts, but the toe is longer than my big toe, so it 100% touches.

Yes, I 100% have Morton's toe haha. Fortunately, mine is not as bad as in the picture, but definitely causes issues sometimes with skates/shoes. Luckily my Makos are extremely form fitting and comfortable, so it's only a mild discomfort. It's gotten better as they've broken in.

Wow, cool bit of knowledge, my foot is actually more pronounced than the one in the pic. It's also interesting to note how many of the associated issues have popped up in my life.