Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

Thanks Mike for the info.

I have Bauer 190's size 8D so I assume the "default" setup should be fine. I plan on purchasing them at a LHS. Would the 30 day guarantee still apply?

Thanks Mike for the info.

I have Bauer 190's size 8D so I assume the "default" setup should be fine. I plan on purchasing them at a LHS. Would the 30 day guarantee still apply?

My Pleasure and yes, you'll be right in the sweet spot for the standard pack. Can you tell me what LHS stands for? I assume Brick and Mortar retail store... but can't figure it out and I've seen it on here a few times.

If it is a retailer then yes, the 30 day guarantee is valid. The only difference is that you return them to the store and they would contact us.

When you get your inserts, what I suggest you do is try one skate with the insert only and the other skate with the insert and shim. Be sure not to remove the adhesive strips from either the insert or the shim until you know which option fits better! After lacing up your skates, you should be able to tell within 1-2 minutes which one is right for you. You may even want to get a skate in before you commit to your size.

let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

I'm wearing 6.5EE Vapor APX2, what would you recommend? Seems like quite a bit of room, but being on the smaller range of the sizes i hated to go to big.

Does TotalHockey carry?

Any current coupon codes to share?

Sorry if i missed anything i skipped page 3-5.

• Like 1

Obviously these aren't going to last forever and need to be removed to put new ones in. How would you go about it Mike? Just rip'em out?

• Like 1

I'm wearing 6.5EE Vapor APX2, what would you recommend? Seems like quite a bit of room, but being on the smaller range of the sizes i hated to go to big.

Does TotalHockey carry?

Any current coupon codes to share?

Sorry if i missed anything i skipped page 3-5.

Hey zlowe247, thanks for the interest! The standard SR pack will be great for you. You'll definitely want to test out with or without a shim (comes in the pack) as well.

We do have some major retailers about to pick them up in the States, I hope to have an update for you guys next week.

Don't think I can post promo codes in here but if you follow our social feeds especially instagram @adrenalinedesign we post them up there fairly regularly.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Cheers!

Obviously these aren't going to last forever and need to be removed to put new ones in. How would you go about it Mike? Just rip'em out?

Hey tcc...

Right, we actually suggest you change them every 100 skates or so to make sure they're giving you the best support.

I have taken many out as I often test retest and play around with variations for product knowledge etc. I would suggest a slow peel vs ripping just because you may leave some foam on top. I actually suggest doing it right after a game when they're heated up and damp.

Are you getting close?

No no, just wondering that's all. Thanks.

Used them for the first time yesterday and it was night and day. Soooo comfortable and elevated my game a bit.

Edited by tcc
  • Like 1

Mike, I received the inserts and have been wearing using them for three weeks now. They do make the skate more comfortable for sure, and even warmer toes. Passed the info on to my teammates, and I believe you are seeing some orders going to Orlando's FL presently.

Thanks for making a neat product, and overseeing it like you do.

Randy

• Like 1

Mike, I received the inserts and have been wearing using them for three weeks now. They do make the skate more comfortable for sure, and even warmer toes. Passed the info on to my teammates, and I believe you are seeing some orders going to Orlando's FL presently.

Thanks for making a neat product, and overseeing it like you do.

Randy

Thank you! You have no idea how much we appreciate you and the rest of the modsquad community helping us spread the word.

We are very proud of the POWERFOOT and excited to show you guys what's next ;)

Good luck out there!

Mike

Anyone have experience baking skates once the powerfoot inserts have been added to the skates??? I know common sense tells me it wouldn't be the best for the adhesive that attaches the insert to the toe cap of the skate, but I just put Superfeet yellow insoles in my skates and would like to re-bake them to accommodate for the slight heel lift from the Superfeet.

Any info or past experience of baking skates that already have powerfoot inserts would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I freaking love my powerfoot inserts and would feel weird skating without them!

Thanks gang

• Like 1

Anyone have experience baking skates once the powerfoot inserts have been added to the skates??? I know common sense tells me it wouldn't be the best for the adhesive that attaches the insert to the toe cap of the skate, but I just put Superfeet yellow insoles in my skates and would like to re-bake them to accommodate for the slight heel lift from the Superfeet.

Any info or past experience of baking skates that already have powerfoot inserts would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I freaking love my powerfoot inserts and would feel weird skating without them!

Thanks gang

Hey vsawchuk, I passed on the question to Rob [inventor/founder] and he said the following - "The inserts will deform if they’re exposed to excessive heat. Wouldn’t recommend it. "

You can try removing them carefully before and attempt to stick them back in after. As I've mentioned I no longer stick mine in but, before I went that route I had actually ripped my POWERFOOT out post game a few times to show to a few guys and I was able to get them to more or less stay put after.

Or wing it and hope for the best ;)

Great to hear the POWERFOOT continues to deliver.

Let us know what you end up doing and how it goes.

Cheers!

Hey vsawchuk, I passed on the question to Rob [inventor/founder] and he said the following - "The inserts will deform if they’re exposed to excessive heat. Wouldn’t recommend it. "

You can try removing them carefully before and attempt to stick them back in after. As I've mentioned I no longer stick mine in but, before I went that route I had actually ripped my POWERFOOT out post game a few times to show to a few guys and I was able to get them to more or less stay put after.

Or wing it and hope for the best ;)

Great to hear the POWERFOOT continues to deliver.

Let us know what you end up doing and how it goes.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info and quick response... I just got done playing so i'll try to carefully remove them, bake, and then try to re-install the inserts.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

After only one game with the inserts I found that the "snugness" in the toe box to be quite a bit less when I played my second game with them. I could wiggle my toes more so now than before.

I inspected them by inserting my hand into the boot and feeling the insert. I felt as though they weren't as thick or puffy like they were at the beginning. Do they compress a bit after every use making them thinner? Any suggestions to "puff" them back up?

Hi Mike,

After only one game with the inserts I found that the "snugness" in the toe box to be quite a bit less when I played my second game with them. I could wiggle my toes more so now than before.

I inspected them by inserting my hand into the boot and feeling the insert. I felt as though they weren't as thick or puffy like they were at the beginning. Do they compress a bit after every use making them thinner? Any suggestions to "puff" them back up?

Hey tcc, they should definitely not be losing their puff after 1 game. We have estimated that they should have relatively the same thickness/puffiness for about 100 sessions.

My first question would be if they were damp when you felt them. We are working on a treatment that will make them more repellant to water but until then we advise that you loosen your laces as much as possible to allow good air flow so they can dry between games.

We're they damp?

Hey tcc, they should definitely not be losing their puff after 1 game. We have estimated that they should have relatively the same thickness/puffiness for about 100 sessions.

My first question would be if they were damp when you felt them. We are working on a treatment that will make them more repellant to water but until then we advise that you loosen your laces as much as possible to allow good air flow so they can dry between games.

We're they damp?

Ok.

No they were not damp. As I play roughly once a week, they were left with the tongue/boot open as wide as possible, like I always do, to air/dry out for a week. When I put them on that night I just felt they weren't as tight or full like it did the first time.

Ok.

No they were not damp. As I play roughly once a week, they were left with the tongue/boot open as wide as possible, like I always do, to air/dry out for a week. When I put them on that night I just felt they weren't as tight or full like it did the first time.

Hey tcc, It may be easier if I give you a call and go over a few reasons you may be feeling that it's not as dense so quickly. We can the update the thread for anyone following along. If that works for you, DM me your number and the best time to call and I'll make it happen.

Mike. Wondering if you guys have ever tested Powerfoot in other types of footwear applications, particularly ski boots?

Hey Shoot_the_goalie,

Yes, we've had positive feedback from skiers, snowboarders, golfers, soccer players as well as using them in running shoes for training and ball hockey. Ball hockey is actually a pretty good one because they also add some extra protection for rhe slashes that are inevitable.

For most footwear we're using a thinner version.

I wear them in my ASICS, and love it.

As for skiing we may have to play around with the sizing before something official comes out. Why? Do you experience issues with toe movement in your ski boots?

Oh, and on a non sports related topic we've just started to offer the SECUREFOOT which is for construction boots... lots of great feedback there. Just had a fireman test some out today, he had a great initial test with them.

Hey tcc, It may be easier if I give you a call and go over a few reasons you may be feeling that it's not as dense so quickly. We can the update the thread for anyone following along. If that works for you, DM me your number and the best time to call and I'll make it happen.

Hey Shoot_the_goalie,

Yes, we've had positive feedback from skiers, snowboarders, golfers, soccer players as well as using them in running shoes for training and ball hockey. Ball hockey is actually a pretty good one because they also add some extra protection for rhe slashes that are inevitable.

For most footwear we're using a thinner version.

I wear them in my ASICS, and love it.

As for skiing we may have to play around with the sizing before something official comes out. Why? Do you experience issues with toe movement in your ski boots?

Oh, and on a non sports related topic we've just started to offer the SECUREFOOT which is for construction boots... lots of great feedback there. Just had a fireman test some out today, he had a great initial test with them.

My ski boots fit extremely snug, but after a little packing out of the liners (totally normal and expected), I do get a little wiggle room on the top of my toes. Since there's so much static force with the foot pushing forward and up when on skis, when the liners pack out, it causes a little toe discomfort (toe bang) because of the new movement created. I would think something like Powerfoot would "restore" the liners somewhat in that area and also add additional cushioning, and at $20, they would be a whole heck of a lot cheaper than replacing the liner.

• Like 1

Any code for free shipping out right now?

:ph34r:

I REALLY wanna try them out

Hey! Glad you want to try them out! I'm not sure if I can post promo codes on here but if you follow us on Instagram there are codes posted from time to time. @adrenalinedesign

My ski boots fit extremely snug, but after a little packing out of the liners (totally normal and expected), I do get a little wiggle room on the top of my toes. Since there's so much static force with the foot pushing forward and up when on skis, when the liners pack out, it causes a little toe discomfort (toe bang) because of the new movement created. I would think something like Powerfoot would "restore" the liners somewhat in that area and also add additional cushioning, and at $20, they would be a whole heck of a lot cheaper than replacing the liner.

By the sounds of it there is less space then a typical skate, right? If that's the case i woudl go with our "mako" version. Have you ordered some for your hockey skates yet?

Saw they are now being sold at a major shop. Congrats. Will you continue to sell them direct?

Hey Flyers10! Always good to hear from the guys who started this great thread! Yes, we will be in a few by the end of the month and we're excited about it. We will continue selling from our site for the time being as we feel it will continue to help strengthen our brand and product awareness which in turn will help our new partners as well.

• Like 1

I put these in my Bauer MX3's, bought SR.L (red ones) I feel like I could use a shim, which the box didn't come with. Do you guys make a thicker one? Coming from Mako's love that zero negative space feel...

• Like 1

I put these in my Bauer MX3's, bought SR.L (red ones) I feel like I could use a shim, which the box didn't come with. Do you guys make a thicker one? Coming from Mako's love that zero negative space feel...

Hey Hergs, thanks for picking up a pair! Where'd you grab a set of reds? Retail? What size skates you in?

In regards to the sizing we don't currently make a bigger size bit we have some options when it comes to shims. I'll send you out a "shim pack" so you can find your sweet spot. Just send me a DM with your info and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

edit - and yes... coming from Makos you're swimming ;)

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk

Finally bought some of IW

And Im sold on these. Comfort alone makes this a must for every skate. Im never skating without one from now one. I did feel like my crossovers were more.. stable.

I have a 2nd set on the way for future purposes. 

• Like 2