Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

Just watched the video on the website, and am considering cancelling my order due to the appearance of those horrible Habs socks! :)

"The Guy in the Habs Socks" Opinions and selection of Team is his alone and does not reflect that of the Company ;)

• Like 1

Received mine in the mail today and tried them while sitting on the couch. I'm size 9 Bauers without shims they felt comfortably snug and with shims they felt perhaps slightly over-snug for my liking but I note people's comments about them loosening up on the ice.

Got training tomorrow and am looking forward to giving them a go. Will try with the shims installed first I think. Hoping for big things!

Tried them loose with the shims and the fit was good, moderate pressure on the tops of my toes but still some wriggle room. I definitely noticed improved comfort and was conscious of my toes not being curled. I've now stuck them into the skates and will be playing with them for the first time tonight. I'm very happy with them, thanks Mike and Rob!

• Like 1

got my powerfoots and installed them without the shim, noticeable difference! love the feel.

just wondering --- I have noticed they are a little softer after your foot warms up - is there a safe way to remove them + add the shim back in?? skates are bauer supreme

• Like 1

Tried them loose with the shims and the fit was good, moderate pressure on the tops of my toes but still some wriggle room. I definitely noticed improved comfort and was conscious of my toes not being curled. I've now stuck them into the skates and will be playing with them for the first time tonight. I'm very happy with them, thanks Mike and Rob!

Thank you! Glad they're working out for you. Please let us know if we can share your feedback.

got my powerfoots and installed them without the shim, noticeable difference! love the feel.

just wondering --- I have noticed they are a little softer after your foot warms up - is there a safe way to remove them + add the shim back in?? skates are bauer supreme

Glad you love the feel! Yes, you should be able to peel it off ... just do it slowly. I have done it a few times myself and you shouldn't have too much of a problem. The nice thing about the shim is that it will completely cover the top so even if it doesn't come off perfectly it will be fine once you add the shim.

Let me know how it goes.

I just ordered a couple sets today. I got the x900 replacements baked and skated in them today but felt like the toe box had some extra room. I'll give these a shot because otherwise the skates are great so far.

• Like 1

I just ordered a couple sets today. I got the x900 replacements baked and skated in them today but felt like the toe box had some extra room. I'll give these a shot because otherwise the skates are great so far.

Nice, welcome to Team POWERFOOT! Let us know what you think when you get in a few good skates with them.

Here is a more detailed answer from Rob, the man behind the idea! -

“Loosen the laces and pull the tongue up and out as far as possible so you can free access to the toe box. Slowly and gently separate the insert from the toe cap by working the thumbnail down the center of the insert (where the adhesive is). The insert will eventually separate from the toe cap and you should be good to add the shim. This is the same process for all brands/models of skate."

Hey Guys, We wanted to make sure all of you on the MODSQUADHOCKEY Forum are aware that we have free shipping to the USA and Canada this December. So much of our success and word of mouth has come from you guys and we really appreciate it! Keep the reviews coming, it's a huge help!

Cheers!

Got a pair of these a few weeks ago and liked them so much, I order two extra sets as back ups. I don't really feel like I'm qualified as a skater to comment on the performance increase, but I definitely felt a difference in comfort wearing and them. If anyone's thinking of buying a pair they're running a promo with the code "Sydney" (no not Crosby) where you get 10% off and they donate a percentage to help support a youth hockey player (they have a video on their Twitter or Instagram explaining the details). Always nice to see a company finding ways to help kids play hockey

• Like 1

Got a pair of these a few weeks ago and liked them so much, I order two extra sets as back ups. I don't really feel like I'm qualified as a skater to comment on the performance increase, but I definitely felt a difference in comfort wearing and them. If anyone's thinking of buying a pair they're running a promo with the code "Sydney" (no not Crosby) where you get 10% off and they donate a percentage to help support a youth hockey player (they have a video on their Twitter or Instagram explaining the details). Always nice to see a company finding ways to help kids play hockey

Welcome to team POWERFOOT and thanks for the support and great feedback!

I also wanted to thank you for sharing the "Sydney" sponsorship promo! *Ends tomorrow for any of you that are interested.

Can I share your post on our Social feeds tomorrow for our final reminder cmflynn?

Finally getting around to this, I got these after my last game before the holiday break, I set them in my skates and sat around with them before WF and they felt good. I ended up taping the inserts and shims inside. Unfortunately I think I could have skipped the shims they put a bit too much pressure on my forefoot while skating. I may have to order another pair and just skip the shims.

• Like 1

Tried them out for the first time last night. There were times when I felt very aware of the inserts. True test will be after many skates to see if I can get to the point where I don't notice that my skates feel different. For what it's worth, skating in MX3's and the shim made it too tight a fit. I'm also not attaching them and find that they stay put just fine while allowing for easy removal for drying outside of the skate.

• Like 1

Finally getting around to this, I got these after my last game before the holiday break, I set them in my skates and sat around with them before WF and they felt good. I ended up taping the inserts and shims inside. Unfortunately I think I could have skipped the shims they put a bit too much pressure on my forefoot while skating. I may have to order another pair and just skip the shims.

Hey! First, thanks for the order and welcome to Team POWERFOOT. Based on your post, can I assume you've skated on them a few times? What can happen after 3-5 good skates is the Foam will settle in and they may work out for you. Also, more pressure is better for the performance providing they don't cause pain or numbness. If you end up deciding to get another set send me a DM and I'll see what promotion we can find to help you out.

Cheers!

Tried them out for the first time last night. There were times when I felt very aware of the inserts. True test will be after many skates to see if I can get to the point where I don't notice that my skates feel different. For what it's worth, skating in MX3's and the shim made it too tight a fit. I'm also not attaching them and find that they stay put just fine while allowing for easy removal for drying outside of the skate.

Thanks for the initial feedback and welcome to Team POWERFOOT. Let us know how you feel after the true test ;)
  • Like 1

Just had my first skate with them. Can't say I noticed any extra power, buy didn't really expect I would. They did make the skates more comfortable, so I'm happy with them and will continue to use them. Well worth the price of purchase.

• Like 1

Just had my first skate with them. Can't say I noticed any extra power, buy didn't really expect I would. They did make the skates more comfortable, so I'm happy with them and will continue to use them. Well worth the price of purchase.

Happy to hear you'll be keeping them in, and welcome to Team POWERFOOT! The Power is hard to measure, how about the stability? Do you feel more stable in your turns and crossovers?

Still on the fence as to whether or not I like the difference in fit they provide, but not willing to ditch them either at this time.

• Like 1

Nice! Welcome to team POWERFOOT! I agree pucks to the toes get old fast! Let us know what you think once you get a few skates in them!

Still on the fence as to whether or not I like the difference in fit they provide, but not willing to ditch them either at this time.

I'm guessing you've stuck them in eh? If not, you could always go a few games without just to see. Thanks for the feedback and let us know how it goes after a few more sessions. Cheers!
  • Like 1

Just started using my pair, and I find that I like them with the shim, giving me a very snug, tight fit. (I like my skates to be very snug in general - I wear skates 2.5 sizes smaller than my shoes). I started using them with Stable 26 socks, and now I have very little negative space in my boot, which is great. Not sure if there's a significant performance difference from using the Powerfoot inserts (and the Stable 26 as well), but I'll tell you this... from a comfort standpoint...it's fantastic. It's also prevented me from curling my toes when in stationary positions, which has caused aches in the past. And for less than $20, it's a great value. I'm sold and am already recommending to fellow players who have complained in the past about roomy toe boxes.

• Like 1

I am using a set in my 1X's and it has made a big difference as far as reducing the volume in the toe box. I am using the shim with the inserts and at first it was very snug and it took me a while to find the sweet spot as far as tightening my laces but once I did, I don't know if I could go back to skating without them. The inserts compress enough when skating with them that you don't even know they are there. I have not stuck mine to the toe box with the tape and just push them up in there and they work great.

• Like 1