Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

Similar mixed results. On the one hand the gloves fit nice and snug again, on the other hand they get much hotter than they use to. I'm guessing the reason is that foam the shims are made of doesn't breathe at all. I debating cutting those parts off the blue foam and using two together if I can't find an alternate foam to use

6 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

Does anyone use these with Bauer Mx3 skates? if so do you use the shim or without?

Thanks

I have the 190, which is close, in size 8 and I use the shim.  Initially I didn't but if you see my post earlier in the thread I added it after and have not been happier :)

Edited by tcc

35 minutes ago, mjpisat said:

Can you use the inserts and then add the shim to the bottom if needed?

Yup.

Bought some at IW and have used them 4 times now. What a difference they make. I have nexus skates which were the only ones that passed the pencil test for me. However,the room I had in the tops of the toes was way too much. With the shim in place all that space is gone now. 

I have noticed one strange thing. Where I used to have lower back pain after a skate,I no longer have had any after using the power feet.Just hard to explain but not complaining. 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2016 at 9:45 PM, Stodgy said:

Bought some at IW and have used them 4 times now. What a difference they make. I have nexus skates which were the only ones that passed the pencil test for me. However,the room I had in the tops of the toes was way too much. With the shim in place all that space is gone now. 

I have noticed one strange thing. Where I used to have lower back pain after a skate,I no longer have had any after using the power feet.Just hard to explain but not complaining. 

Now that's some great feedBack! (see what I did there ;p ) Great to hear they may have helped with a whole other issue you were having. Thanks for sharing and welcome to team POWERFOOT!

16 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

I just ordered a pair,

Anyone else have Mx3 or similar fitting skates, do you use shim or not?

I have supremes, and I use the shim.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

I just ordered a pair,

Anyone else have Mx3 or similar fitting skates, do you use shim or not?

What I did was to experiment using and not using the shim by not permanently attaching them to the toe box.  In the end I wound up using the shim, but I just insert them and take them out with every use.  I just prefer to be able to take them out to air dry and occasionally spray them with deodorizer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mojo122 said:

What I did was to experiment using and not using the shim by not permanently attaching them to the toe box.  In the end I wound up using the shim, but I just insert them and take them out with every use.  I just prefer to be able to take them out to air dry and occasionally spray them with deodorizer.

How do you insert them and take them out? Isn't it once you put it on it stays on forever until you rip it off?

On 2/8/2016 at 2:44 PM, MikeBoyarchuk said:

By the sounds of it there is less space then a typical skate, right? If that's the case i woudl go with our "mako" version. Have you ordered some for your hockey skates yet?

I bought a set of inserts for my ice skates and MikeBoyarchuk, you guys sent me the Mako version. I recently had my local Perani's round me up a set for my Mako inlines, and the guy seemed to have no idea there were any options other than senior or junior. I told him to find me a "Mako version" but he just called to tell me they're in, and for some reason I doubt they're right. How can I tell if the inserts are the special Mako version from the packaging, and if they aren't, how do I instruct this guy how to obtain the proper inserts?

3 hours ago, NiCnoK said:

I bought a set of inserts for my ice skates and MikeBoyarchuk, you guys sent me the Mako version. I recently had my local Perani's round me up a set for my Mako inlines, and the guy seemed to have no idea there were any options other than senior or junior. I told him to find me a "Mako version" but he just called to tell me they're in, and for some reason I doubt they're right. How can I tell if the inserts are the special Mako version from the packaging, and if they aren't, how do I instruct this guy how to obtain the proper inserts?

Hey Nic,

Sorry to hear you have some issues picking up the POWERFOOT inserts that you're looking for. It appears that there has been a miscommunication with the Perani's Team and this would be on us. Can you DM me the store info and contact you have? I would like to personally give them a call to apologize and explain the Custom Mako option [if they're not already in the know]. 

In a nutshell all retail stores will only be receiving the regular JR and SR inserts that will work for 97% of all skate sales. For Mako skates and some VH skates we do have custom thinner inserts that for the moment are only available on our site. We may try ad find unique ways to make them available elsewhere but that will be tough as the demand is very minimal for the Custom option. 

He may have custom ordered them which can I confirm on my call. 

Let me know, and again sorry for the inconvenience. 

Mike

Mike,

I ordered the Powerfoot inserts on Amazon. A rep contacted me for my skate info (Makos). I assumed this would assure I was getting the right size for Makos. Is that not the case since it was from Amazon?

Just now, sectachrome said:

Mike,

I ordered the Powerfoot inserts on Amazon. A rep contacted me for my skate info (Makos). I assumed this would assure I was getting the right size for Makos. Is that not the case since it was from Amazon?

Hey Sectachrome, You were contacted by the founder, Rob :) You will be getting the correct Mako inserts. 

Thanks for the order and please let us know how it goes!

12 minutes ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Hey Sectachrome, You were contacted by the founder, Rob :) You will be getting the correct Mako inserts. 

Thanks for the order and please let us know how it goes!

Awesome, thanks! I got them a while ago but haven't used them yet. I'll be getting back on the ice this week and will report back.

• Like 1