Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

Hey - I am in a new pair of Vapor 1x skates and I absolutely cannot stand the extra room in the toe box. Has anyone used these w/ the 1x yet?

GunRunner already gave you some great feedback so I'll just throw in that the POWERFOOT comes with a full 30 day money back guarantee which may help if you're on the boards :)

This is also a good time to remind you and the modsquadhockey.com community that there are 2 days left for FREE SHIPPING to the United States and Canada!

Cheers!

Just started using my pair, and I find that I like them with the shim, giving me a very snug, tight fit. (I like my skates to be very snug in general - I wear skates 2.5 sizes smaller than my shoes). I started using them with Stable 26 socks, and now I have very little negative space in my boot, which is great. Not sure if there's a significant performance difference from using the Powerfoot inserts (and the Stable 26 as well), but I'll tell you this... from a comfort standpoint...it's fantastic. It's also prevented me from curling my toes when in stationary positions, which has caused aches in the past. And for less than $20, it's a great value. I'm sold and am already recommending to fellow players who have complained in the past about roomy toe boxes.

I am using a set in my 1X's and it has made a big difference as far as reducing the volume in the toe box. I am using the shim with the inserts and at first it was very snug and it took me a while to find the sweet spot as far as tightening my laces but once I did, I don't know if I could go back to skating without them. The inserts compress enough when skating with them that you don't even know they are there. I have not stuck mine to the toe box with the tape and just push them up in there and they work great.

This is some great feedback boys, Thanks for sharing! I'd like to share them on our social feeds, please let me know if you guys have any issue with that.

Glad to have you both on Team POWERFOOT.

All the best in the New Year!

Cheers!

This is some great feedback boys, Thanks for sharing! I'd like to share them on our social feeds, please let me know if you guys have any issue with that.

Glad to have you both on Team POWERFOOT.

All the best in the New Year!

Cheers!

Mike, you are more than welcome to use my feedback, whatever we can do to help promote your company and product.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated. Was about to get rid off the 1x's so hopefully this fixes my issue. happy new years

Definately give the Powerfoot inserts a shot, especially with the 30 day guarantee, that's a no brainer for me. I went from Vapor X7.0's to the 1X's and the first couple of times I skated in them I thought to myself that they were just OK. My biggest issue was with the height of the LS4 steel and maybe a little bit to do with the profile. I ordered LS2 steel and for me it was a night and day difference and I immediately felt comfortable in them. Then I ordered Stable 26 socks and that completed another piece of the puzzle. The last piece of the puzzle was the Powerfoot inserts and that just help take up the rest of what little negative space I had to start with and now they feel really good as they get broken in more. It is amazing with the difference the inserts make by taking up the negative space and it did take a skate or two to get used to them but I don't think I could go back to skating without them.

• Like 1

Just an update - I finally put these in my Bauer 1x skates and it's made a huge difference. I used the extra shim that was provided and it was the perfect fit.

I'm glad they are working for you! I originally tried just the insert sans the shim at first because when I test fitted at first with the shim, it felt pretty snug and I didn't want any numbing issues when skating. Just the insert felt Ok but I just felt that I wanted a little more so I added the shim. The shim was it, feels pretty snug at first but once I lace up and skate, they form to my foot a little and I don't even notice them and zero numbing. I couldn't imagine skating without them again, between the inserts and my Stable 26 socks, they make my skates fit like the best pair of gloves.

• Like 1

I must say that I'm intrigued by these, especially since I've got some extra space above my toes in my RS. Are they only available from the company or are there any LHS carrying these?

• Like 1

So I really experimented with these, using:

The insert without the shim

The insert with the shim

And then alternation skates with and without inserts

In my MX3's I now use the insert plus the shim. However, I attached the shim to the insert, but haven't permanently attached them inside the skates as I prefer to remove them after skating for drying and airing. Guess I'm hooked on the feel. Can't say I've seen any performance gains, but definitely am enjoying the comfort and fit feel.

• Like 1

Just an update - I finally put these in my Bauer 1x skates and it's made a huge difference. I used the extra shim that was provided and it was the perfect fit.

This is awesome! So I guess you're keeping the 1x skates then!?

I've really enjoyed using these in Nexus skates but tried them out in Supreme's last night and they were a bit too snug for my taste. Granted, Supreme is a hair too shallow for my feet anyways.

Did you have the shim on them?

I must say that I'm intrigued by these, especially since I've got some extra space above my toes in my RS. Are they only available from the company or are there any LHS carrying these?

Hey Chippa, Thanks for the interest, the POWERFOOT will help with that extra space for sure. For the life of me I can't figure out LHS... if you mean brick and mortar stores there are about 70 but mainly in Canada. I can look up a location for you, just let me know what City you're in or you can also visit http://adrenalinedesign.ca/where-to-buy/to find a store near you.

Cheers!

I didn't want to post my experience until I got a couple of games in. I ended up forgetting to post a review and now have done quite a bit of skating with them.

I picked up the junior size as I am using some older 5.5 Vapors. Started with the shims in there but it didn't feel very good on my feet. At times it felt too tight and my toes went numb. After taking them out, they felt much better. I posted earlier in this thread since some people who were right at the Junior/Senior cutoff had the same questions. I think the junior size fit my Vapors fine. I don't think a Senior size would be much of an improvement in fit.

I wasn't expecting much from these since they were so inexpensive. I figured I could try them out as a cheap experiment. As I read more of the reviews, I started hyping it up in my head too much. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't skating circles around people when I first started using them. I didn't see that explosiveness or speed increase that others were talking about. But now that I've skated a while with them, I do notice that my skates are a lot more comfortable with the Powerfoot inserts. One benefit that I get from being comfortable is having the confidence that my skates are going to do what I want it to do. I don't know if I'm explaining it clearly. But it feels like my skates are more part of my foot rather than something I throw on to my foot. It feels very stable and I don't think I'd want to skate without these anymore.

Of course everyone's experiences will be different and maybe a better, stronger skater would see more improvement than I did. Yeah, I'm not going to be lightning fast with a small pad I threw in to my skate. But the comfort improvement alone has helped my skating in other ways that I never thought was an issue.

I will recommend these for my friends and teammates. Since the price is so reasonable, I may pick some up later for some Christmas gifts.

• Like 1

I didn't want to post my experience until I got a couple of games in. I ended up forgetting to post a review and now have done quite a bit of skating with them.

I picked up the junior size as I am using some older 5.5 Vapors. Started with the shims in there but it didn't feel very good on my feet. At times it felt too tight and my toes went numb. After taking them out, they felt much better. I posted earlier in this thread since some people who were right at the Junior/Senior cutoff had the same questions. I think the junior size fit my Vapors fine. I don't think a Senior size would be much of an improvement in fit.

I wasn't expecting much from these since they were so inexpensive. I figured I could try them out as a cheap experiment. As I read more of the reviews, I started hyping it up in my head too much. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't skating circles around people when I first started using them. I didn't see that explosiveness or speed increase that others were talking about. But now that I've skated a while with them, I do notice that my skates are a lot more comfortable with the Powerfoot inserts. One benefit that I get from being comfortable is having the confidence that my skates are going to do what I want it to do. I don't know if I'm explaining it clearly. But it feels like my skates are more part of my foot rather than something I throw on to my foot. It feels very stable and I don't think I'd want to skate without these anymore.

Of course everyone's experiences will be different and maybe a better, stronger skater would see more improvement than I did. Yeah, I'm not going to be lightning fast with a small pad I threw in to my skate. But the comfort improvement alone has helped my skating in other ways that I never thought was an issue.

I will recommend these for my friends and teammates. Since the price is so reasonable, I may pick some up later for some Christmas gifts.

What a phenomenal review! Thanks @yipperzz we'll be re-posting this for sure! Thanks for spreading the word, like so many other here on Modsquad, which is HUGE for a small start up company like ours! Cheers!

Placed order today!

Nice! Welcome to team POWERFOOT!

Mike,

This is an amazing product for sure. After I spoke to you on the phone about the length issue in the X90's, I went back and put them in like you said with just a bit of sticky showing and they felt much better. So I went back and put them in correctly and have skated on them 3 times now. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I cannot believe how different my skates feel and how much more I notice my push off's and edges with these. This is by far the best money spent on hockey gear so far. Congrats to Powerfoot for a great product.

• Like 1

Mike,

This is an amazing product for sure. After I spoke to you on the phone about the length issue in the X90's, I went back and put them in like you said with just a bit of sticky showing and they felt much better. So I went back and put them in correctly and have skated on them 3 times now. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I cannot believe how different my skates feel and how much more I notice my push off's and edges with these. This is by far the best money spent on hockey gear so far. Congrats to Powerfoot for a great product.

Awesome! I'm glad you reached out... I was about to look up your order to follow up! I was concerned when you mentioned you weren't getting a good fit, so this is great news! Thanks for this great feedback as well.

Also hope that phone bill wasn't to big ;) next time send me a note and I'll call. May I can swing a discount on our next product coming out if that helps!

Cheers,

Hey Mike, I was using 5.5 vapor inline skates and never had the opportunity to use my JR powerfoot inserts in them. I quit playing inline and am now in a size SR 6d vapor x500. Can I use my JR inserts or do I have to order a new pair of SR?

I tried contacting customer service but no response...

• Like 1

Hey Mike, I was using 5.5 vapor inline skates and never had the opportunity to use my JR powerfoot inserts in them. I quit playing inline and am now in a size SR 6d vapor x500. Can I use my JR inserts or do I have to order a new pair of SR?

I tried contacting customer service but no response...

Hey Bolt91,

Sorry about the customer service dis-connect, what email address did you use [we didn't see one]?

We have looked into both sizes and there is only about a 3mm difference in width and 4mm difference in length. The JR should work well with these slight differences, the only change in placement may be to pull it pack from the front of the skate about 4mm [so just shy of the front of the skate]. Let me know how it feels. If you have any issues will work with you to get you what you need. Feel free to email me directly if you need anything else taken care of. michael@adrenalinedesign.ca

Cheers!

• Like 1

Looking to give these a try since there's so much positive reviews.

My one question is are there still different thicknesses (yellow, blue, red)? I saw a video about it but it seems like everyone here is not mentioning anything about thickness so I assume it doesn't exist anymore and it's just the blue with shims.

• Like 1

They come now (at least mine did) with the blue insert plus the thin shim. I tried with the and without and prefer the fit/feel with the shim. Once I figured that out I permanently attached the shim to the blue insert, but manually place them and then remove them after every skate.

• Like 1

Looking to give these a try since there's so much positive reviews.

My one question is are there still different thicknesses (yellow, blue, red)? I saw a video about it but it seems like everyone here is not mentioning anything about thickness so I assume it doesn't exist anymore and it's just the blue with shims.

Hey tcc! We have moved away from the 3 color / size option as it increased the potential of buying the wrong size (especially in a retail environment ).

We determined that the blue (medium) with a shim (combined are a large/red) will fit 95% of skates. This also gives you the opportunity to play around with the sizing and see what works best.

As for that 5% that won't fit into this size... half of them are Mako skates the other are Bauer skates over a size 10. The Makos have the smallest toe box so we have created a custom insert for those. Bauers are on the other end of the spectrum and any 10+ size can potentially take a 2nd shim so we add that in with your order.

The POWERFOOT also come with a 30 day guarantee which is also nice... no returns yet though ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!