Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponty

Vapor XXX stick at LHS

Just fyi my LHS just got the XXX stick.

First impressions are no biggie in my mind. $170 price point gets you a non-fused OPS that is less than a "manish" blue in color. The grip is nice but its seems to be the same wieght as the XX.

At first glance the True One is a better stick.

$170 price point gets you a fused OPS...

wasn't the XXX said to be a modified True1?

$170 price point gets you a fused OPS...

wasn't the XXX said to be a modified True1?

Possibly. I am not sure. All I know is that the True One seems lighter.

Vapor XXX is a totaly different stick than the true-1. Different shaft dimensions, longer taper and different blade plus a grip. I just got the rundown from the bauer rep last week.

Good to know. Other than a blade not being fused on anything else different?

$170 has gotta get you something more than no seam. Better kickpoint?

These stick guys have really got to use their imaginations to come up with new stuff these days.

Vapor XXX is a totaly different stick than the true-1.  Different shaft dimensions, longer taper and different blade plus a grip.  I just got the rundown from the bauer rep last week.

Does the added taper length make the flex rating irrelevant on the XXX as it does on most of the other long taper sticks?

The kickpoint is moved down really low on the shaft. The rep had a test video in super slow-mo and shoed how low the kickpoint is compared to other sticks. As far as flex, I am currently using a xx 87 flex and the XXX 87 flex felt identical.

Just fyi my LHS just got the XXX stick.

First impressions are no biggie in my mind. $170 price point gets you a non-fused OPS that is less than a "manish" blue in color. The grip is nice but its seems to be the same wieght as the XX.

At first glance the True One is a better stick.

hey where is ure lhs store ive been looking for one in canada but i cant find on

my experience with it was from a 5 minute shoot around with my friends 87 jokinen.

... and to date, compared to the rest of us, that makes your the expert! ;)

Vapor XXX is a totaly different stick than the true-1. Different shaft dimensions, longer taper and different blade plus a grip. I just got the rundown from the bauer rep last week.

That's what I heard. And somehow, according to Bauer, all four sides are moulded together in-conjuction with the tri-directional woven blade.

If the XXX's are all the range, how come there are still people on Team Canada using XX's? That interests me, because LONG before the stealth was out on shelves there were some big name NHL'ers using them, and now the XXX is out on store shelves and I still have yet to see anyone using one.

Also, I just checked out the video of him on the Bauer web page just now, he's using a XXX stick in their little promo of him, but against Sweden today he was still using an XX? Maybe i'm looking into this too deep :P

I never saw a XXX being used until much after the Stealth. It happens alot, players find a stick they like and stick with it, they are PP. The Silver Synergy is very popular yet the Si-Core and Stealth are supposed to be better. I saw St. Louis using an XX and a Grip Stealth today.

Personally, I don't like a low-low kick point. I don't believe lower the kick-point the better. I think a kick-point two thirds of the way down on the stick will generate more power and very, very similar accuracy compared to a kick point that is virtually just above the blade.

I never saw a XXX being used until much after the Stealth. It happens alot, players find a stick they like and stick with it, they are PP. The Silver Synergy is very popular yet the Si-Core and Stealth are supposed to be better. I saw St. Louis using an XX and a Grip Stealth today.

Most players, college, AHL, NHL, haven't switched to a stealth. The stealth is too light for a 200+ lb NHL'er, and plays too light.

Depends on the player. AHL players have a contract with THC and the NHL is having a Lock-out. At the World Cup alot were using Stealths, but I wouldn't put it past Easton to paint over sticks. Still a large possibility they are using a Stealth.