Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldtrainerguy28

Step Steel Holder

11 hours ago, Dman692420 said:

Does anybody know if Bauer is now or starting to let step steel sell the steel for the edge holder now? I have seen it all over eBay for sale now & shipping to USA. I bought some & have recieved shipping confirmation from the shop, worst case they cancel my order.

I'm not sure if Bauer is allowing it but I received a pair of black step steel for edge holders down here in FL about a month ago and love them!

At this point I've had Bauer steel snap 3 times.

2x in my 8090

1x in my one.9

so I'm comfortable calling Bauer steel crap

I'm using black ice now, it's night and day better.

It would be pretty impossible to "not allow" a Joe Schmo from selling those on ebay. I am glad some folks in Canada can make a few bucks on this weird situation. 

I find it interesting that Bauer have the patent for this Trigger mechanism only in USA. For example, similar system known to us as "Quickblade" is patented (or at least applied for) in USA, CA, China, European Patent office and with World intellectual Property office. Quickblade mechanism was filed in a couple of years before Bauer. I wonder if Quickblade is conflicting with Bauer everywhere except in USA creating this strange patent situation.   

9 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

At this point I've had Bauer steel snap 3 times.

2x in my 8090

1x in my one.9

so I'm comfortable calling Bauer steel crap

I'm using black ice now

Sounds like old stuff.

And what is Black Ice? I googled and get nothing but African American hockey players.

9 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

On 6/6/2017 at 1:03 AM, 218hockey said:

Sounds like old stuff.

And what is Black Ice? I googled and get nothing but African American hockey players.

Sorry Black Edge.

I'm not in the business of giving fourth chances regardless of the time line.

@Jgscenter I believe Black Edge is just LS3 steel that has had a black carbon coating applied, so it is supposed to have similar high-end edge retention properties to the Step BlackSteel - but the steel itself is still LS3.  As opposed to the Step BlackSteel that is the Step steel that is coated. 

Again, that's what I've gleaned from (briefly) looking into it - anyone more knowledgeable on it feel free to correct me. 

7 hours ago, tcraig said:

@Jgscenter I believe Black Edge is just LS3 steel that has had a black carbon coating applied, so it is supposed to have similar high-end edge retention properties to the Step BlackSteel - but the steel itself is still LS3.  As opposed to the Step BlackSteel that is the Step steel that is coated. 

Again, that's what I've gleaned from (briefly) looking into it - anyone more knowledgeable on it feel free to correct me. 

No it's their own steel however they do offer the coating as a service, prostock hockey has a nice write up on it. 

Bauer would sue the you know what out of them if they were rebranding Bauer steel. 

4 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

No it's their own steel however they do offer the coating as a service, prostock hockey has a nice write up on it. 

Bauer would sue the you know what out of them if they were rebranding Bauer steel. 

Ah that makes sense thanks for clarifying. Them applying the coating as a service must've been what I was remembering. 

Hi I'm in the process of ordering VH skates and the only option I see when selecting their Step/VH holder is to add "Step Steel" to them. I'm assuming this is their standard steel.

My question is are the V-Steel and Black Steel options from Step available to be purchased for this holder? If so can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Shaine said:

Hi I'm in the process of ordering VH skates and the only option I see when selecting their Step/VH holder is to add "Step Steel" to them. I'm assuming this is their standard steel.

My question is are the V-Steel and Black Steel options from Step available to be purchased for this holder? If so can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

This reply I believe was in regards to the BAUER Light Speed Edge holder and Step Steel producing Black Steel for it.

My question though is in regards to the holder made by VH in partnership with STEP. 

At the moment I only see the option to order the regular step steel for this holder.

I'd like to know if STEP does or will offer their V-Steel and/or their Black Steel offering for their own VH/STEP holder.

Thanks.

I would imagine it has to do with the super limited amount of these on the market so far. I'm sure down the line there will be more steel options available

For anyone interested, I was able to get a hold of STEP and they do indeed offer Blacksteel for the VH/Step holder. 

To clarify you cannot buy the Blacksteel from VH, only the regular Step Steel. In order to purchase the Blacksteel you have to call Step directly and place an order over the phone.

$129.99 + shipping. They would not budge on discount or free shipping.