Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

For some wierd reason I actually like skating when my equiptment is wet. I like how everything is already loose/broken in, so I dont have to wait till the 2nd period for my stuff to loosen up.

I've taken to running my hands in the sink and then sticking them in the gloves before skating to work them loose a little bit.

I take my bottle and send a squirt down my back, into my forehead vent, on my face, and into each glove. Wet when I start means nothings different through the skate. I especially hate gloves that are kinds dry and crusty.

that used to happen a lot to me when i had old bauer gloves. used to run my gloves under the faucet in the locker room before the skate. the palms and leather were so stiff.

For some wierd reason I actually like skating when my equiptment is wet. I like how everything is already loose/broken in, so I dont have to wait till the 2nd period for my stuff to loosen up.

I've taken to running my hands in the sink and then sticking them in the gloves before skating to work them loose a little bit.

I take my bottle and send a squirt down my back, into my forehead vent, on my face, and into each glove. Wet when I start means nothings different through the skate. I especially hate gloves that are kinds dry and crusty.

that used to happen a lot to me when i had old bauer gloves. used to run my gloves under the faucet in the locker room before the skate. the palms and leather were so stiff.

I used to do that too. But then I got msh 2 palms which are softer than my egyptian cotton sheets lol.

Just picked these up off ebay...

CP94's

Nice ones, took more than one long look at those before I decided they were too much.

I talked him down a little...Couldn't pass up a pair of hard to find CP94's...Just wish they had split fingers.

new shell, just an experiment I grabbed off ebay... I only dropped 35 on it so not a huge custom investment! the below pics (royal shell) were from THR in Toronto and ran me almost a 100 bucks! The new shell is like what would happen if Bob Gainey smoked crack and changed up the Habs' unis.

positives: good quality shell, made in Canada by Eagle out of London, Ontario. Aggressive style, freakin' white!

Negative: the shell is HUGE, I thought a large would be a good size, maybe for pants but certainly not a shell. The drawstring doesn't have the kind of rope that TPS shells have so holding these things may be a challenge. They spelled the logo Canadians, rather than Canadiens... I am idiot not for looking at that! Either way, it's a pretty nice shell so we'll see how I like it.

here are a few pics!

4015333820_609894a755.jpg

4015333602_59809b3616_b.jpg

4015334388_7d232957e4_b.jpg

2401122925_b102c3b780.jpg

ddbowdoin: Nice shell! Mind passing along the eBay seller?

Here is my new bucket (thanks to skeeter14):

Nice helmet, is it spray painted or is it me.

No spray paint, just crappy lighting in the garage (Albany River Rats pro stock). I didn't like the silver subshell so this one was perfect for me.

No big deal but I found these Easton gloves in a sale box for $10.00. They had been part of a dispaly in a glass case for years and were in new condition but pretty dusty. I kind of like the way they look with my Vectors.

5ovaso.jpg

Rick

Mods, are we allowed to see these pics yet? jk jk. The R10 has been out for over a year now.

Yea no Duh.

But the one above looks nothing like this:

hockeymonkey_2077_50285268.jpg

and I've never seen it in stores or on the web.

Picked these up today X:60 LE's... Have never used a Vapor skate before in my life and these fit my feet like a glove even before baking them.. Only thing I changed was throwing in some waxed laces... **Edit to add I have already taken these in and had a 50/100 FVB put on them I am sold on the FBV..

Also in the pic is a old Mission Pro Stock Sabres helmet I received yesterday..

SANY0192.jpg

SANY0193.jpg

SANY0194.jpg

Edited by ISTOUT

WOW, those are beautiful, I am very jealous of you. How much and where?

i second that post...those things look great.

good job on the waxed laces. i hate stock bauer laces.

Thanks guys! Got them at a LHS and they ended up being the same price as the regular X:60s.. So far I am very happy with them in both feel and looks.. Personaly I like the black better then the silver and red usualy found in the Vapor line just looks slick IMHO..

Edited by ISTOUT

Thanks guys! Got them at a LHS and they ended up being the same price as the regular X:60s.. So far I am very happy with them in both feel and looks.. Personaly I like the black better then the silver and red usualy found in the Vapor line just looks slick IMHO..

I like the black better as well. I dont know if this is correct but I think you are the first person on here to get the LE version. Congrats, those are awesome.

SANY0193.jpg

They look... awfully... glittery? Kinda' like a spinner you would use fishing. I assume it's just a flash thing. Hell, I hope it's just a flash thing.

EDIT: I reread that and I kinda' sounded like a dick, knockin' on your new skates. Sorry, it wasn't intentional. I like the look of the all black better as well. I just haven't noticed the shine before. :D

Edited by roscoe6

They look... awfully... glittery? Kinda' like a spinner you would use fishing. I assume it's just a flash thing. Hell, I hope it's just a flash thing.

Stripper dust?