Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nazzy19

Look what I got in the mail today......

Ya, I didn't really like that part either. It just seemed like a purchase of the stick then rather than a two-way donation. However when people went in with brothers, or "family" drives I don't have a problem with that.

Yea, just to clear it up, all those sticks werent mine, A couple teamates and I did it together so yeaa, Im not hoarding 4 stealths. We actually donated more than the required, but only requested 4.

BTW to the ppl who have pm'ed me "NO they arent for sale and nor are my other sticks"

I see it as just some selfish self-serving act in order to get yourself a hockey stick.

It sure is, but what in life isn`t done out of selfish motivations ?

I guess I better not tell him that I also won a pair of skates in the drawing they did with the toy drive participants.

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that IF you knew that you would have gotten only one stick even if you donated more than $75, would you do it?

The minute people found out that they could get two sticks by donating $150, they jumped on it.

I think most of us who participated figured it was a chance to get a couple sticks while helping someone else out. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, and I put my toys on my credit card. I do donate a lot of stuff to the homeless each year and I never expect anything out of it. When this situation arose, I jumped at the opportunity. Does that make me a bad person? Of course not.

If I would have had to pay cash straight up for the toys, I wouldn't have been able to participate at all.

Just got back from trying out the stealth today and my conclusion?...its too light! For my style of play anyways. It is more suited for the forward type/quick wrister type player IMO. BUt as a D-man, I didnt get that nice feeling when taking slappers from the blueline. BUt hey, maybe I need to get use to it. UNtil then I will stick with my XV.

I got mine today.

No Duty

Took 2 days to ship.

Declared Value was $50 USD

ship.gif

LOL $50US? Maybe that's what it costs Easton to actually make one Stealth.

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that IF you knew that you would have gotten only one stick even if you donated more than $75, would you do it?

My broke ass? No, I would've made a $80 donation instead of $160. Would I have sent in $80 in toys if I wasn't getting a hockey stick in return? No.

Like someone else said, I put it on my credit card and still haven't paid it off. Granted, I'm all for needy kids getting toys but I doubt Easton would have ran this promotion if they thought that people would send in that many dollars of toys for free. It doesn't make some of us bad people, it just makes us broke.

Yea, just to clear it up, all those sticks werent mine, A couple teamates and I did it together so yeaa, Im not hoarding 4 stealths. We actually donated more than the required, but only requested 4.

Yeah, yeah, a likely story... ;)

I understand people see this as an easy chance to get a great stick for $75 and help the needy children, but donating hundreds of dollars to get multiple sticks is plain wrong. One stick is way more than enough, but when people start asking for more than one stick or asking for a Stealth Grip i think it just gets out of control. Be happy you're fornuate enough to be able to receive a stealth.

I dont see anyone saying anything about easton on this deal, seeing how they make out the best of anyone. They're obviously trying to help the charity, but what are they getting in return? Im gathering that the promotion was pretty popular, so it would be an easy way to write off hundreds if not thousands of dollars of donations for tax returns. Afterall, the money they save on taxes=more money for the company=more profit, and thats what the business world is all about.

I truly think the promotion was a great way for everybody to get something in return because of eachother. I hope the children enjoy the toys the same way as you enjoy the stick(s)

LOL $50US?  Maybe that's what it costs Easton to actually make one Stealth.

They marked it at $50 US, because past 50 dollars is when you start getting customs charges shipping it across the border.

Just got back from trying out the stealth today and my conclusion?...its too light! For my style of play anyways. It is more suited for the forward type/quick wrister type player IMO. BUt as a D-man, I didnt get that nice feeling when taking slappers from the blueline. BUt hey, maybe I need to get use to it. UNtil then I will stick with my XV.

Fill it with sand :)

Or put a wooden end plug in it....that may help a bit.

I donated like 90 dollars worth of kids movies and though I usually drop plenty of dollars for the holiday bell ringers, I saw this as a good chance to give and get something I would normally never buy. Like others have been saying, not everyone has the money or friends to get themselves really nice stuff. I will say that a lot of the posts on the EMB have annoyed me. Especially about people asking for warranties and multiple sticks. It was a well executed charity

Those types of annoying posts happen every time the thing is done. Very nice gesture by Easton but to much work for those guys in my opinion.

I chose not to participate this year greatly due to that reason. It sounds like they had plenty contributed to great cause and I put my charity money else where. The guilt in getting something for charity was bugging me a bit as well.