Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

SWOT - Super Light Senior Shoulder Pad

If you're going to wear shoulder pads , you might as well wear ones that offer protection. For $50, these don't look very protective ( no sternum guard, no real bicep/tricep/deltoid protection). You can still find new Bauer X700 out there for $30-$35. I'd go that route.

Edited by clarkiestooth
  • Like 2

I ordered one of these to try out. The small gaps and holes in the padding may provide more ventilation than my padded shirt that I currently wear. For $65 after shipping it's worth a shot. 

6 minutes ago, sbecks72986 said:

Vapor 1x lite shoulders are lightest I’ve ever worn and more protection than the CCM RBZ/FT1s I used to wear

Where do you get them for $50?

I just got ft1 shoulders. Got a pretty big discount on them. Would not pay retail for them as they are pretty much foam and a couple of rocket frame prices on the sternum and spine. Impressed at the weight and mobility though. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:43 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yes, very light but a little bulky too. 

Really, I never thought they were bulky at all. I was previously using CCM CL, and RBZ, I have same mobility as those. 

5 hours ago, sbecks72986 said:

Really, I never thought they were bulky at all. I was previously using CCM CL, and RBZ, I have same mobility as those. 

I think the caps don't sit as snug as the CL and U+ but yes, they are just as light, breathable and do offer great mobility. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

On 9/24/2019 at 7:19 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

I just checked out their website, yikes.  Best part was their Mission Statement, looks like something Michael Scott would write.

That all black model is called "Threat Level Midnight".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:17 AM, .am said:

I ordered one of these to try out. The small gaps and holes in the padding may provide more ventilation than my padded shirt that I currently wear. For $65 after shipping it's worth a shot. 

How did these work out? 

On 11/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

How did these work out? 

Works fine, actually less hot than the Reebok padded shirt I used to wear. Not quite sure on the protection level, but I've never worn legit shoulder pads to begin with.

I just bought a set of the STX RX3's and I took off the bicep guards so it's just the chest and should caps. Very light and breathable, super mobile and very protective. Plus with the discount codes they send out, you can almost always get them under $100 for top of the line shoulders.

10 minutes ago, darkhors said:

I just bought a set of the STX RX3's and I took off the bicep guards so it's just the chest and should caps. Very light and breathable, super mobile and very protective. Plus with the discount codes they send out, you can almost always get them under $100 for top of the line shoulders.

I had the RX3 before. It was a nice pad but still a little too much for my needs. I bought the Vapor X2.9 shoulder pads and they were ok, but not ideal, i ended up selling them after a few weeks.

Lately I have been wearing my lacrosse shoulder pads. I wish more of the hockey shoulder pads were designed in a similar manner. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

3 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I had the RX3 before. It was a nice pad but still a little too much for my needs. I bought the Vapor X2.9 shoulder pads and they were ok, but not ideal, i ended up selling them after a few weeks.

Lately I have been wearing my lacrosse shoulder pads. I wish more of the hockey shoulder pads were designed in a similar manner. 

That's why I took of the bicep guards. With those gone, the pads feel much different and much more mobile. Very similar to a lacrosse pad. It's amazing how different they feel now.

2 hours ago, darkhors said:

That's why I took of the bicep guards. With those gone, the pads feel much different and much more mobile. Very similar to a lacrosse pad. It's amazing how different they feel now.

Maybe I'll give the STX RX a try again and remove the bicep guards. 

• Like 1

As a guy who runs a web store, I can't tell you how funny I find it that their url has "copy-of-" as part of the product page

Looks like they've dropped to $50. Honestly, as a guy who absolutely loved his Down Low shoulder pads, so doesn't mind getting some weird looks while putting my gear on, I'd consider them.

I'm also a guy who continues to use a 3' long shoe horn to put his skates on. Weird looks are just par for the course for me.