Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

BAUER NEXUS ADV

1 minute ago, Sniper9 said:

This is getting ridiculous. Almost half the price of top end skates. 

Agreed. Maybe it will come with a 1-year warranty? LOL

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

7 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

This is getting ridiculous. Almost half the price of top end skates. 

Same has been said each time the top end stick prices have popped over the years. Remember when folks thought it was crazy to spend $200 on a stick?

39 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

Same has been said each time the top end stick prices have popped over the years. Remember when folks thought it was crazy to spend $200 on a stick?

Personally, I didn't think it was ridiculous. It was new. But not ridiculous.  Now its just getting out of control since prices are rising every year for new models whereas before it was at a bit of a slower pace.  I guess it's good for getting older sticks at a clearance price... Except Bauer and CCM seem to really put caps on advertised pricing even on d/c items. 

Edited by Sniper9

49 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Agreed. Maybe it will come with a 1-year warranty? LOL

Lol. You know what though, if it came with even a 3 mth warranty it would be a lot easier to stomach. But one mth is a joke for a stick north of 300 bucks can or USD. 

Edited by Sniper9

I can say with some confidence that very few people will buy a 399 stick but the 230 two piece sticks will fly off the shelves.  I'm guessing two piece stick are easier to make and maybe more profitable? So...  

Edited by Beflar

53 minutes ago, Beflar said:

I can say with some confidence that very few people will buy a 399 stick but the 230 two piece sticks will fly off the shelves.  I'm guessing two piece stick are easier to make and maybe more profitable? So...  

I've been wanting to see someone review this:

https://pamahockey.com/product/virtuoso-ice-hockey-stick/

Man the industry is out of control. I broke 11 sticks last year playing 3 times a week! Granted I slash a lot haha. Well I call them aggressive stick checks, but what defenseman doesnt whack lol. I buy pro stocks, I legit manage to just get any stick out of warranty and blow it apart. I got lucky on my 1s. Bought it on sale, it exploded after two weeks, got a 2s pro sent to me. 2s pro is an awful stick btw, I love my 2n pro though. Although, again its a pro stock retail might be totally different. I just end up paying 150-180 every 40 days haha.

EDIT- That reminds me BAUER start selling p28 max blade height retail lol!!!!!

Edited by Bender94
  • Facepalm 1

19 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Looks like retailers are already getting the holding pages online. Looks like the price will be $399 CAD, $40 CAD more than the Supreme ADV. 

https://www.sportszonecanada.com/bauer-nexus-adv-gr-stk-sr-142613.html

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/collections/bauer-supreme-adv-hockey-sticks/products/bauer-supreme-adv-grip-senior-hockey-stick

It is the same price as the Supreme ADV. But sure let's keep talking bs. A lot of stores are still selling the Supreme for $399.

15 hours ago, Hills said:

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/collections/bauer-supreme-adv-hockey-sticks/products/bauer-supreme-adv-grip-senior-hockey-stick

It is the same price as the Supreme ADV. But sure let's keep talking bs. A lot of stores are still selling the Supreme for $399.

$399 is more than $389. According to MAP no Bauer store should be selling the Supreme ADV for $399. Where are you seeing it for that? 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:37 PM, chippa13 said:

Its a rich man's game anymore. Sad really.

11 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

$399 is more than $389. According to MAP no Bauer store should be selling the Supreme ADV for $399. Where are you seeing it for that? 

Locally, and where is it $40 more?

The high prices just mean more demand for the lower end stuff which long term means the prices across the board will go up and retailers can also hold higher prices on older models for longer. These companies aren't dumb. it does nothing but hurt us consumers because seriously... unless you are getting these for free or you're insanely elite, who's using a $400 twig? Was there a real market demand for this? 

I don't bat an eye at spending $1000 on skates because I can make them last for years and years, but I could snap a $400 stick in 3-4 games. 

• Like 1

It's no different then the guy that shows up to our Sunday group ride on a $12,000+ Specialized S-Works Venge (bicycle for those unfamiliar) & proceeds to get dropped before the end of the ride.

People with enough $$ will buy it for the status of just having it. Best part about cycling... it's not about the quality of bike, it's the motor pushing those pedals that matter!

Seems like such a huge opportunity for a Base type of company to offer custom sticks in the $150-$200 range that match the material and build quality of these $300+ retail models.

But Base is such a disappointment to me - their customer facing website for customs is tacky and the shaft options look like they are a poor man's Warrior from 10 years ago (the 'Johnson' era).

Give me a modern webpage to choose between a mid kick or low kick shaft, 75 or 85 flex, about 420-440 grams, well balanced, with a choice of dampened or lively blade, big catalog of curves, and put some clean simple graphics on it then sell them in packs of 3 or 5 min order for $200 or so each... no brainer!

Base seems to be so close to being that ideal custom option but the retail/consumer side of it just falls flat when you go to their webpage and look at building a custom stick.

Who's going to fill that space? Retail with 3 curve options and a $350+ price point for the top end is nuts. Give us access to the 'team edition' sticks in the $150-$200 range that match the build quality and often exceed the durability of the retail, but make it easy to order instead of sifting through prostock websites with re-paints and questionable curve options.

colins

Edited by colins
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, colins said:

Seems like such a huge opportunity for a Base type of company to offer custom sticks in the $150-$200 range that match the material and build quality of these $300+ retail models.

But Base is such a disappointment to me - their customer facing website for customs is tacky and the shaft options look like they are a poor man's Warrior from 10 years ago (the 'Johnson' era).

Give me a modern webpage to choose between a mid kick or low kick shaft, 75 or 85 flex, about 420-440 grams, well balanced, with a choice of dampened or lively blade, big catalog of curves, and put some clean simple graphics on it then sell them in packs of 3 or 5 min order for $200 or so each... no brainer!

Base seems to be so close to being that ideal custom option but the retail/consumer side of it just falls flat when you go to their webpage and look at building a custom stick.

Who's going to fill that space? Retail with 3 curve options and a $350+ price point for the top end is nuts. Give us access to the 'team edition' sticks in the $150-$200 range that match the build quality and often exceed the durability of the retail, but make it easy to order instead of sifting through prostock websites with re-paints and questionable curve options.

colins

I know of one person who used to work as an engineer for Bauer & CCM who has started his own company selling high-quality one-piece sticks. He has a relationship with factories which has helped but overall it's still an uphill struggle for him to offer a high performance, low weight (370 grams) , product while keeping prices low since he doesn't produce thousands of sticks at a time as the big companies do. For example, he can only offer 5 patterns currently and a mid-kick option because the cost for fabrication per blade pattern template is insanely expensive for a one-piece mold. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

Your friend should focus on balance rather than weight. I’ll take a balanced stick at 430 gr over a stick at 370 gr that has me nervous to carry the puck because it might snap. 

He might find a cheaper factory in China this way too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, colins said:

colins

I have never had an issue getting my hands on team issue sticks, whether it be online or at the LHS. CCM’s LK build sticks are great value. Recently found a Nexus team stick from this season with simple P92 in the name bar and so far it feels miles better than any previous Bauer team stick

30 minutes ago, adam14 said:

I have never had an issue getting my hands on team issue sticks, whether it be online or at the LHS. CCM’s LK build sticks are great value. Recently found a Nexus team stick from this season with simple P92 in the name bar and so far it feels miles better than any previous Bauer team stick

I've been doing the same, and just ordered a 2018 and a 2019 Nexus Team edition from a small vendor in Ontario. But the path to these sticks is convoluted, I'd love to have a more direct option through a proper Bauer reseller instead of waiting for them to trickle down to the prostock guys via team equipment sell offs.

It seems some retailers in Canada at least had access to batches of Nexus Team sticks that they sold via their websites, but they quickly sold out and now the flex and pattern options are very limited (ie: no Left 77 Flex P92 anywhere except via prostock sites, and rare there too).

The 2019 Nexus team stick - technically called the S19 Nexus League stick - at 415 grams is fantastic and beats probably anything out there in the $150-$200 range. These should be lining the shelves of every big hockey shop, but I guess Bauer doesn't want to eat into the profits of the 2N Pro at the retail level. That's fine, I don't mind ordering online, I just wish they were easier to come by.

colins

Advanced issue found

🙂

2 hours ago, adam14 said:

I’ll take a balanced stick at 430 gr over a stick at 370 gr that has me nervous to carry the puck because it might snap. 

I agree. In fact, I cut off a large section of the end of my sticks and add a wood plug because the weight balance on many of them is off. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I know of one person who used to work as an engineer for Bauer & CCM who has started his own company selling high-quality one-piece sticks. He has a relationship with factories which has helped but overall it's still an uphill struggle for him to offer a high performance, low weight (370 grams) , product while keeping prices low since he doesn't produce thousands of sticks at a time as the big companies do. For example, he can only offer 5 patterns currently and a mid-kick option because the cost for fabrication per blade pattern template is insanely expensive for a one-piece mold. 

I would never want a 370g stick. The Supreme ADV is stupid light and it's so horribly balanced I gave it back to the person who let me use it literally within 3 minutes. Balance >> static weight. 

IMO sticks don't need to go much more below 400g. Give me the best puck feel and balance you possibly can, stop giving me less weight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, z1ggy said:

I would never want a 370g stick. The Supreme ADV is stupid light and it's so horribly balanced I gave it back to the person who let me use it literally within 3 minutes. Balance >> static weight. 

IMO sticks don't need to go much more below 400g. Give me the best puck feel and balance you possibly can, stop giving me less weight. 

I would argue 410-430g is the sweat spot when well balanced. Below 410 and it starts feeling a bit hollow / unsubstantial.

colins

• Like 1