Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
krisdrum

Hopelessly uncool... hockey "fashion"

Who thought I'd be turning to the hockey community for "fashion" advice, but here I am.

Did stick and puck with my nephew (17) and son (10) on Saturday.  While getting undressed, I mention my Supreme girdle and shell used to be my nephew's (he's obviously bigger than me now) and he chimes in, yeah, those look a bit tight, maybe you should open up the leg zips.  My son piles on with a "yeah dad".  As a beginner with mostly hand-me-down/second hand gear, I obviously don't have a good "Sty" game according to my family.  Frankly I could care less, unless having a bit more room to move would help me.  The girdle is a medium and I think it fits pretty well (I'm 5-6, 175lbs, 33in waist).  If I get a larger shell for the girdle, will I look like I am wearing a skirt?  Or is the subtle leg zipper trick enough?

3 hours ago, krisdrum said:

Who thought I'd be turning to the hockey community for "fashion" advice, but here I am.

Did stick and puck with my nephew (17) and son (10) on Saturday.  While getting undressed, I mention my Supreme girdle and shell used to be my nephew's (he's obviously bigger than me now) and he chimes in, yeah, those look a bit tight, maybe you should open up the leg zips.  My son piles on with a "yeah dad".  As a beginner with mostly hand-me-down/second hand gear, I obviously don't have a good "Sty" game according to my family.  Frankly I could care less, unless having a bit more room to move would help me.  The girdle is a medium and I think it fits pretty well (I'm 5-6, 175lbs, 33in waist).  If I get a larger shell for the girdle, will I look like I am wearing a skirt?  Or is the subtle leg zipper trick enough?

Well, the leg zippers are to provide more leg room to ease a restricted feeling, not for fashion reasons. If the girdle isn't tight, don't unzip them unless you want a more baggy/loose feel.

Maybe my black shell is too slimming?  I don't know.  Maybe I'll gear up tomorrow and snap a picture.  I don't think I look as "tight" as Nylander does.  Maybe the boys are just trying to get in my head and get me off my game.  LOL. 

21 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Well, the leg zippers are to provide more leg room to ease a restricted feeling, not for fashion reasons. If the girdle isn't tight, don't unzip them unless you want a more baggy/loose feel.

I always thought those zippers were for those who tie their skates before putting their pants on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OldCY said:

Well does it feel too tight? If not then who cares. 

When it's your own kids chirping, you care. LOL

• Like 1

E700 Helmet, Tron gloves, Jamie Benn tape job, Rbk skates with the tongues swapped out? (looks like epro holders and lace locks.) Dope Gretzky silver stick with a blade with like a 3 lie. I’d hang out with this guy if he’d up his glove game and lose the tinted visor.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stick9 said:

When it's your own kids chirping, you care. LOL

Right?  And he's 10. 

Listen, I KNOW I suck.  Little man has been playing full gear since he was barely 4, skating since he was 2.  My nephew is basically the same story, except he is 17 and very likely playing in high level juniors this season.  I simply can't compete, never will be able to.  My sole goal every time I get on the ice with them is to not suck as much as I did the time before.  Baby steps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krisdrum said:

My sole goal every time I get on the ice with them is to not suck as much as I did the time before.  Baby steps. 

You are a member of a very large brotherhood then!  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1