Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SkateWorksPNW

CCM FT4 Pro skate leaked?

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, decoy said:

McDavid is wearing his old style Jetspeeds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHgOF14jAuL/

Here's Matthews with the actual skate. Looks slightly different. Image is on the second slide.

Not sure what you're talking about. Both McDavid and Matthews are wearing the same skate in both pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Not sure what you're talking about. Both McDavid and Matthews are wearing the same skate in both pictures.

McDavid is wearing a 2 piece skate skinned as an FT4. You can see a black line separating the white on the design where you can't on the Matthew's skate. The black line is probably the outsole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hills said:

McDavid is wearing a 2 piece skate skinned as an FT4. You can see a black line separating the white on the design where you can't on the Matthew's skate. The black line is probably the outsole.

Gotcha. Either way, mostly same graphic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t matter if we all hate it though, right? It’s directed at teenagers, and all the better if a bunch of out cranky adults are annoyed by kids today and their garish skates. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, start_today said:

It doesn’t matter if we all hate it though, right? It’s directed at teenagers, and all the better if a bunch of out cranky adults are annoyed by kids today and their garish skates, and go with customs.

Fixed that for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stick9 said:

Fixed that for you. 

The solution should not require needing to go with custom skates to avoid ugly aesthetics. If anything, make the general retail model more streamlined and offer customers that are much more extravagant. 

It seems like anytime we hit the pinnacle of ugly-looking hockey equipment the manufacturers always find a way to take it to the next level. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprisingly, I don't mind the look of them.  I think I'd actually like the look if the white striping was removed.  People seem to really hate the large CCM logo that started with the AS3 line, but I don't mind it.  I'm actually surprised that I don't hate it, because I thought the original APX was the ugliest skate I had ever seen when it was released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boo10 said:

Surprisingly, I don't mind the look of them.  I think I'd actually like the look if the white striping was removed.  People seem to really hate the large CCM logo that started with the AS3 line, but I don't mind it.  I'm actually surprised that I don't hate it, because I thought the original APX was the ugliest skate I had ever seen when it was released.

Techmesh was in a class of its own. Not sure why, but I hated that material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, boo10 said:

Surprisingly, I don't mind the look of them.  I think I'd actually like the look if the white striping was removed.  People seem to really hate the large CCM logo that started with the AS3 line, but I don't mind it.  I'm actually surprised that I don't hate it, because I thought the original APX was the ugliest skate I had ever seen when it was released.

I think the Nike Air Zoom was the ugliest skate ever. 

https://www.bardown.com/the-6-weirdest-skate-designs-in-hockey-history-1.1348415

nike-zoom-air-skates.png

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I think the Nike Air Zoom was the ugliest skate ever. 

https://www.bardown.com/the-6-weirdest-skate-designs-in-hockey-history-1.1348415

You sir are absolutely correct.  Those were so hideous that I formed a mental block to remove them from my memory.  Thanks for subjecting me to the pain all over again! 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CCM has had a slew of fugly designs over the years, especially the Externo line comes to mind, but just about everything after the 952 was a belly flop in a surfing competition. I submit the Vector 10.0 as the ugliest and guiltiest of all time.

18-4539.jpg

Prior to this, skates were black, white and grey. Not the flashiest color palette but workable given the multitude of schemes every skate would invariably pair with, as well as the effect of wear and tear on their looks. Enter the 10.0, with it’s suitably repulsive name, and suddenly arbitrary colors were involved. They were impressively competent at finding a color which looks good with exactly no other color as well, just to touch bottom on the first go. Ever since that, skates’ looks have been been irrevocably tarnishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, flip12 said:

CCM has had a slew of fugly designs over the years, especially the Externo line comes to mind, but just about everything after the 952 was a belly flop in a surfing competition. I submit the Vector 10.0 as the ugliest and guiltiest of all time.

18-4539.jpg

Prior to this, skates were black, white and grey. Not the flashiest color palette but workable given the multitude of schemes every skate would invariably pair with, as well as the effect of wear and tear on their looks. Enter the 10.0, with it’s suitably repulsive name, and suddenly arbitrary colors were involved. They were impressively competent at finding a color which looks good with exactly no other color as well, just to touch bottom on the first go. Ever since that, skates’ looks have been been irrevocably tarnishes.

Well, we of course cant forget this one too then.

16683

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Well, we of course cant forget this one too then.

Absolutely! It just got weird really fast. It’s strange though because Ovi’s SE 10.0s look quite sharp in my book, if a little bling.

skatesarticle-1.JPG

You had to be world class to pull it off though.

19254_2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Absolutely! It just got weird really fast. It’s strange though because Ovi’s SE 10.0s look quite sharp in my book, if a little bling.

skatesarticle-1.JPG

You had to be world class to pull it off though.

19254_2.jpg

A player of that ability could wear pink skates with dayglo green holders and flashing lights underneath and everyone and their dog would be queueing up for a pair. CCM do seem to have an ability to create fugly skates, it’s as if they don’t employ a graphic designer, and hand the job over to a friend’s ten year old child. Or maybe I am officially an old fart ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leif said:

A player of that ability could wear pink skates with dayglo green holders and flashing lights underneath and everyone and their dog would be queueing up for a pair. CCM do seem to have an ability to create fugly skates, it’s as if they don’t employ a graphic designer, and hand the job over to a friend’s ten year old child. Or maybe I am officially an old fart ...

I think the issue is everyone is trying too hard to make things look "new" and "innovative" and we are going through the vicious circular cycle of ugliness all over again. I don't understand what is wrong with black skates with a small graphic and logo. I don't understand why we need these crazy colored skates. Not to mention how bad the color clashes with some teams uniforms. If the fact that a simple design makes you an old fart, then I am also happily part of your club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok...  first off I think they are fugly...   like it's 3am, I'm still at the bar and the chick at the end must have lost 40 lbs over the course of the night come on honey lets do this fugly!

2nd... I had Vector pros and liked them and thought they were pretty cool looking.

3rd..   at this point I will wear whatever fits me best and helps me skate better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

ok...  first off I think they are fugly...   like it's 3am, I'm still at the bar and the chick at the end must have lost 40 lbs over the course of the night come on honey lets do this fugly!

2nd... I had Vector pros and liked them and thought they were pretty cool looking.

3rd..   at this point I will wear whatever fits me best and helps me skate better.

Vector Pros weren’t bad. They were a bit odd but they had a solid look. They also stuck to the black, white, and grey color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...