Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2005 RBK Catalogue Review

The reebok pants are so tempting, I may just have to retire my 3 year old Z-airs and go for some rbks depending on the price.

Top end will probably be $150.

usd rite? I can't see myself spending that much on pants, but then again I've never thought about spending $200 cdn on gloves/sticks, I'll probably go the model down though.

Nice work JR! Looking forward to seeing the pics. One question - are they keeping the Jofa 690 helmet?

Actually, it is in the small Koho catalogue, so yes, it is still around. For how long, I don't know.

The vents on the helmet are awesome.

The 8k gloves really remind me of TPS HGT's.

Edited by Accord

Doug Weight stopped by my LHS early yesterday with his new Reebok skates and the Blues equipment manager was there, although I'm not sure what he did to it. They looked pretty sweet though.

Doug Weight stopped by my LHS early yesterday with his new Reebok skates and the Blues equipment manager was there, although I'm not sure what he did to it. They looked pretty sweet though.

You don't happen to work at the Total Hockey store in Kirkwood, MO do you?

Actually, it is in the small Koho catalogue, so yes, it is still around. For how long, I don't know.

Was just re-reading this post when I noticed this - anyone seen the Koho catalogue? What is in it (besides the 690 helmet?). Also, is the 690 helmet badged "Jofa" or is it changed to "Koho"?

You don't happen to work at the Total Hockey store in Kirkwood, MO do you?

Nope, I don't work for the Kirkwood location. The one I go to is Total Hockey in Chesterfield in the Valley.

i was curious on the rbk blade patterns. i know the catalog has pictures, but those are just copied and pasted from the ccm website. has anyone actually seen them? is the pronger a lidstrom? amonte the koho amonte? etc...just curious, i need to buy a tapered blade in the near future and i would hold off if i thought a rbk would do the trick. thanks.

ps the pants look sweet.

psps the website has the copied pictures from ccm, not the catalog. the catalog didnt do a lot for me either, though.

Edited by opus22

I was looking through the catalog and noticed Reebok's graphite blades are pre-preg, ala TPS, anyone got a chance to check them out yet

Has anybody tried the RBK skates (preferably the 3K, 4K, 7K)? Any opinions would be helpful and appreciated... :)

Edited by S93

If I understand the 8k pant thing, you can take the shell off and then put another shell on? Does RBK plan to release different color shells to work with the pant/ girdle?

I own the 8k skates since two weeks, skated with them three times... and these skate are great...

No pain at all the first time I wore those skates ... I had Vector Pro and Mission Pure Fly before...

They are an impoved version of the vectors...

It is an one-pc pant.  You can put a pant shell over it.

Should a CCM shell be able to fit over it?

If the CCM is the same size pant as the Rbk you should be fine. Although, you should always buy a shell up a size so that it fits cleanly over without the bottom sticking out.

Anybody have any ideas on why the girdle wasn't released in the US?