Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sprungdownunder

New marsblade ice holders

No idea. I do like the look of the holder, not too fussy. That’s all I’ve seen of them, from another topic here where the OP was looking for replacement steel.

3 hours ago, the_game said:

So no more moving parts in the holder?

I would imagine it still has some type of mechanism like the previous holder. I havent seen one in person though and all of the video/pics I have seen dont show the holder in use. 

6 hours ago, the_game said:

So no more moving parts in the holder?

From Marsblade via email 

Everyone wants to be the best player on the ice, the I2 is the best help you’ll get. For months pro players and Marsblade ambassadors have been testing the I2. And they’ve confirmed what we already knew - the I2 is the most technologically advanced skate holder on the market. Proven to boost your speed and help you maintain the speed out of turns to ensure that you’re the fastest player on the ice.

• The I2 chassis is 30% lighter than the I1, which will have you flying on the ice. All while maintaining durability and performance.
  • Our new blade switching mechanism allows you to change your steel in seconds to maintain maximum performance during games. 
  • With 5 different radius inserts to choose from you’ll be able to customize the rocker to your liking.
Edited by PBH

I definitely see the resemblance to the CXN.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, PBH said:

From Marsblade via email 

Everyone wants to be the best player on the ice, the I2 is the best help you’ll get. For months pro players and Marsblade ambassadors have been testing the I2. And they’ve confirmed what we already knew - the I2 is the most technologically advanced skate holder on the market. Proven to boost your speed and help you maintain the speed out of turns to ensure that you’re the fastest player on the ice.

• The I2 chassis is 30% lighter than the I1, which will have you flying on the ice. All while maintaining durability and performance.
  • Our new blade switching mechanism allows you to change your steel in seconds to maintain maximum performance during games. 
  • With 5 different radius inserts to choose from you’ll be able to customize the rocker to your liking.

I appreciate how much easier it is than it used to be to change steel in new holders of all brands, but I'm curious how often folks actually swap out steel.  I understand, of course, if a blade breaks.  And maybe once or twice if you want to try to find the right steel for you.  But, I'm curious if changing steel mid-game "to maintain performance" is actually a thing that happens, or it's just marketing lingo.

So you can adjust the rocker? Mission had this in their holders years ago before Bauer bought them out or am I taking crazy pills?

There was the Pitch3 holder that I remember getting a lot of love on here and then I think the Rush holder on the NME skate that never got released because of the Bauer acquisition had the same adjustment.

Curious to see what improvements or enhancements are made and if the adoption of it actually takes off.

(side-note, goddam am I getting old…)

Edited by the_game

I'm confused about the sizing and fit. On one page they show a range of blades? that has a 254mm size yet the sizing guide on another page is blank for a 6.5D (which I am). Does this mean I'd have to go up a holder size (to a 263) to use them? Anyone know if the holes line up with Bauer or CCM holes?

7 hours ago, Vet88 said:

I'm confused about the sizing and fit. On one page they show a range of blades? that has a 254mm size yet the sizing guide on another page is blank for a 6.5D (which I am). Does this mean I'd have to go up a holder size (to a 263) to use them? Anyone know if the holes line up with Bauer or CCM holes?

Hole pattern is same as Tuuk/Bauer , CCM also use same pattern.

Check the size on your existing holder , for example I have a 8.5 boot which uses the 272 holder size (CCM equivalent 271) so I ordered the marsblade 272 holders.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, start_today said:

Didn’t Pitch3 allowed you to adjust the pitch angle? I didn’t think you were adjusting the rocker. 

Sorry you’re right…this sounds like Mission Vibe roller hockey chassis & the Mission Pitch holder had a baby.

Still not sold on moving part in a holder, leaves too much chance for something to go wrong and break.

I Put an order in last night for my son and myself. With a extra discount, ended up being $148 for the holder and an extra set of steel with shipping/pair. Plus after mounting (I have my own riveter) we will get $35 back per pair. So when it’s all said and done $113 for each pair.

We both have the original ice holder. I only use mine for coaching but my son has been on them for two seasons and this will be a third.  Started as a oversized 263 on a size 6 boot and we just keep moving them to the next sized boot, currently a 7.5.

He is playing 18AA as a 15 Year old and the holders are holding up well. We are looking forward to using the new version.

18 hours ago, the_game said:

Sorry you’re right…this sounds like Mission Vibe roller hockey chassis & the Mission Pitch holder had a baby.

Still not sold on moving part in a holder, leaves too much chance for something to go wrong and break.

It’s not often that I get to score “well, actually…” points off of you. I gotta take wins where I can get them. 😉

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 2:56 AM, Vet88 said:

Hey,

The sizing chart refers to Bauers chart. They have different size holders on the half size skates, so a 6.5 D uses a 254 while a 6.5 EE uses a 263. Hope that makes sense. Holes lines up with the TUUK. //Per

Bugger, I'm a 254 size holder and would have got a pair as the cash back and the 10% discount makes it attractive but they have none in stock and no time frame atm....

Edited by Vet88

I've been intrigued by the Marsblade concept and the temptation to try them was too much, so I went ahead an ordered a pair of the new I2 holders for October (I hope) delivery. Now trying to figure out if I should put them on my old skates to test (thus, incurring one mounting charge and then another if I like them to swap onto my new skates) or all in and straight to my new skates (CCM Ft2's with XS holder and Step Steel). Anyone else here having similar thoughts?

Also, I have to drive a bit (90 miles) to a skate shop that does rivets and wondering if one of the rivet gun tools at Home Depot, $20-$30, can be used on skates? I can't find anything online other than skate shops with specialized rivet machines; but, DIY would sure come in handy when experimenting with these holders. 

For Marsblade: Put some of your testing footage and feedback of the new I2 up on YouTube. The test footage you filmed for the original version was great and it's definitely helpful to see pro's skate on the holders..maybe even showing a tester experiement with the new wedge choices. 

6 hours ago, CBnCO said:

I've been intrigued by the Marsblade concept and the temptation to try them was too much, so I went ahead an ordered a pair of the new I2 holders for October (I hope) delivery. Now trying to figure out if I should put them on my old skates to test (thus, incurring one mounting charge and then another if I like them to swap onto my new skates) or all in and straight to my new skates (CCM Ft2's with XS holder and Step Steel). Anyone else here having similar thoughts?

Also, I have to drive a bit (90 miles) to a skate shop that does rivets and wondering if one of the rivet gun tools at Home Depot, $20-$30, can be used on skates? I can't find anything online other than skate shops with specialized rivet machines; but, DIY would sure come in handy when experimenting with these holders. 

For Marsblade: Put some of your testing footage and feedback of the new I2 up on YouTube. The test footage you filmed for the original version was great and it's definitely helpful to see pro's skate on the holders..maybe even showing a tester experiement with the new wedge choices. 

Get it professionally done.

6 hours ago, CBnCO said:

You can do it yourself with 6/32 pronged Tee nuts and SS screws. About $20 from a hardware store. I’ve done this over two dozen times with my own skates and my sons, ice and roller. You only need 8 per skate (4 back & 4 front). They won’t feel any different and are strong. 

I have my own skate riveter now but my younger son (18UAA) is still using his pair mounted with Tee nuts.

This will allow you to try the holders on a separate boot before committing to a full mount from a pro shop.

4 hours ago, sturdy22 said:

You can do it yourself with 6/32 pronged Tee nuts and SS screws. About $20 from a hardware store. I’ve done this over two dozen times with my own skates and my sons, ice and roller. You only need 8 per skate (4 back & 4 front). They won’t feel any different and are strong. 

I have my own skate riveter now but my younger son (18UAA) is still using his pair mounted with Tee nuts.

This will allow you to try the holders on a separate boot before committing to a full mount from a pro shop.

Interesting. I'm not clear on where the prongs go into (inside of the boot I'm assuming but how do they flatten?). I see they sell round tee nuts without the prongs, akin to those in helmets. Let me know? Thanks.

Edited by CBnCO