Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
beerleaguecaptain

Warrior Alpha LX Pro Stick

After @JR Boucicaut was able to get us into the Warrior facility at SJ for a tour and product debriefing, I have been jonesing for an Alpha LX.  The problem is that the dont make my pattern.  Well, thanks to PSH one came up today (Thank you Cody Glass for rocking the P46!!) and I pulled the trigger.  Can't wait to get it!!!!  Will update when it arrives.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of the LX Pro stick, and like you use a pattern not easy to find... I'm dreading finding more P90TM's in the LX Pro, I check for more Tyson Jost sticks every week on the usual sites lol.  I find thr Alpha LX Pro similar to a Jetspeed but it just feels better to me, has a better release and mine tend to be more durable.

I have the LX20, one step down from the pro.  I believe that’s the going rate stick for the ECHL.  Nothing but lasers with it. I really enjoy using it. Glad you found one in your specs. Enjoy!

I bought a Kolesar LX2 Pro from PSH - it's a slightly deeper P88-type, but with more heel. I don't love it, sadly. But I've long been a fan of Warrior sticks and I still think the DX is one of the best I've ever used.

My favorite twig by far! Balance, blade feel, and pop...everything about it works for me.  It's also the only one I can get with a W02 Lidstrom curve.  Thought about switching to the FT6 Pro, which is damn good, but I still prefer the Alpha. 

11 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

For those who got pro stocks, is it even the retail equivalent?

The ones I've had are all "T8LXP" stamped on the underside, which, as far as I know, means it's an LX Pro shaft with a QX blade.  I've had a retail LX pro and can't tell the difference in blades, only things different are one pro stock has no sand paper grip on the blade and also 2 of my pro stocks have the awesome tactile grip on the shaft instead of the tacky stuff (wish the tactile/basketball textured grip was standard on all sticks I hate the tacky grippy coatings).

Warrior pro stocks seem to have a lot less variety (and much easier to decipher codes) than, say, CCM. If you're buying from Pro Stock Hockey or Hockey Stick Man, I'd just ask them to snap a picture of the code before you buy. You'll be able to tell immediately the shaft build and the blade build.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Sounds like a legit LX2 Pro with a QX blade (T8).  I'm not familiar with the difference in blade builds but the T8 seems to be very common/popular.

On 7/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

Sounds like a legit LX2 Pro with a QX blade (T8).  I'm not familiar with the difference in blade builds but the T8 seems to be very common/popular.

Think you have it reversed. T8 is the shaft/kick build and the blade is the LX2 Pro build. T8 is the warrior alpha build.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, birky said:

Think you have it reversed. T8 is the shaft/kick build and the blade is the LX2 Pro build. T8 is the warrior alpha build.

That's how it is with other brands but what I've seen is reversed for Warrior, the first two characters denote the blade construction (T8 for QX, T9 for QREdge, and some others I haven't seen much of).  Here's an old thread discussing them (also if you google T8LXP you should get a result from HockeyLion that describes the shadt/blade codes on a stick they have a for sale):

31 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

(T8 for QX, T9 for QREdge, and some others I haven't seen much of).

Sorry, don't think that's right. "T8", etc., refer to the build. If you scroll further down the thread you mention, you'll see the discussion about the first 2 characters being the build - Warrior has codes for fused constructions like the old Dynasty mid-kick, which is denoted as "F4". I believe the "T" refers to a true 1-piece construction, and the number refers to the kick-point/taper. F4 is a true mid-kick, T3 refers to an older Covert, T8 to the Alpha, and T9 to the QRL. The letters show the blade construction - T8DX refers to a true Alpha DX build, T9QRE would be a true QREdge build.

To the best of my knowledge, Joe Pavelski uses an F4QRX construction, which is a fused mid-kick shaft build with an extra stiff QRL blade construction (denoted by the X after QR).

On 7/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

If you look at that blade, it is the newer weaves, QX will be the 12K weave. So no way that is a QX blade.

Hey guys haven't been on here in a while but was curious if based on what I have read above, that a code of LXPX would mean its an LX PRO with a QX blade and the X would mean the blade is extra stiff? 

BTW, What hand do shoot beerleaguecaptain? I came across a P46 curve if you're still using it.