Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
start_today

Cut Resistant Skate Socks

Last dedicated thread I could find was 10 years old, so wanted to start a new one. Any strong recommendations for cut resistant skate socks? Or advice on brands/models you didn’t like for one reason or another?

I haven't used their cut resistant variety but Aycane makes a really nice skate sock, I would try them if I was looking.  I have a pair of their normal skate socks and they're really high quality and haven't worn down/stretched out much at all over the past year.

4 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I haven't used their cut resistant variety but Aycane makes a really nice skate sock, I would try them if I was looking.  I have a pair of their normal skate socks and they're really high quality and haven't worn down/stretched out much at all over the past year.

I have a pair of Aycane’s cut resistant socks. Agreed that in general they’re very high quality (which they should be given the price). They’re the kind of sock that is very long and goes damn near up to your knee.
I run hot and could immediately feel my lower legs hotter when wearing these socks. Ended up cutting off about 4” of length so they fall right around the top of my tendon guard. Much improved for how I like socks while still offering protection to my lower achilles 

On 11/19/2023 at 1:35 PM, shoot_the_goalie said:

Seems like a new trend is now having cut resistant materials built into baselayer compression pants at the leg/ankle area.  Wonder if that will overtake just wearing socks.

Also, pretty much all pro stock socks have a layer of cut resistant fabric sewn to the back of the leg for the past number of years (I've had a bunch, you only notice when you wash them since you see/feel the extra layer on the inside).  I mean it's great for protecting your calf but unless you're overlapping the tendon guard it still leaves some room for injury if a skate comes down into an exposed tendon area.

1 hour ago, start_today said:

How’s the sizing on these? One size fits all from 11yo to adult makes me nervous they’d be super tight on adult feet. 

Brie wears the same ones that I do, she is a 4.5 skate and I am a 8.5. The heel spot is a bit higher on her foot and they certainly fit me better than her.

Edited by Hills

14 hours ago, krisdrum said:

The Warroad socks look nice, have been thinking of getting a pair for my kid to try.  

Save your money and buy something else. They’re nice socks, but don’t offer cut resistance, the ‘grip’ they talk about is non existent, and they’re simply overpriced for what they are