Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freeflow94

Under Armour, Nike Dri-Fit or Just a T-Shirt?

What does everyone prefer? I have both Under Armour Loose Long Sleeve Shirts & Nike Compression Shirts and both work very well. Stopped wearing a plain T-Shirt long time ago because of skin/sweat problems.

I wear RBK's undershirt with moisture wicking. I used to wear the regulat t-shirt but after buying this stuff it works really well. I am always dry when I play and it keeps me nice and cool so it never feels like I am "overheating". I sweat a lot less too. I love it $14.99 at KOHLS.

Any loose fitting performance T... all seem to work teh same for me wether Under Armour, nike...actually like Champion the best

I've got 2 UA Tight fit short sleeve shirts...1 sleeveless Performance Grey UA...1 Reebok NFL Equipment loose fit...and an Itech Loose fit.

I don't really have a favorite...they are all way better than a cotton tee.

some tight adidas stuff, reminds me of soccer players stuff. i got it for cheap so whatever works right? it also has vents along the shoulders back and armpit, so it keeps me a lot cooler than a cotton t would.

I have two tight UA s/s, but those only see time when it's REALLY hot, otherwise it's skin + jersey

I have used WSI for years and love their wikmax stuff. The new Itech Ice-air is pretty nice as well, I'll be using that when we get more in stock.

I wear an Under Armour compression fit long sleeve shirt under my gear and I prefer it over a t- shirt or a loose fit long sleeve shirt. It helps me from getting overheated and sweating too much.

So this stuff actually works? I knew it was comfortable but I didn't know it actually made you sweat less.. and wearing more layers when its hotter? Thats the kinda counter intuitive stuff I wouldn't think of :)

Ditto for me as well as sleevless compression in summer. Keeps me skating 2x as long cause it keeps me thermoregulated

wear an Under Armour compression fit long sleeve shirt under my gear and I prefer it over a t- shirt or a loose fit long sleeve shirt. It helps me from getting overheated and sweating too much

Yes, it actually does work. If you have ever had any skin problems due to excessive sweat sitting on your from sports for a long period of time it does help. It keeps your sweat from soaking into your equipment too. The less bacteria you have in contact with your equipment, the cleaner it will be. Always wash your gear or take it to an Esporta machine regularly to keep it clean. Nothing worse than smelly equipment. You can always tell who doesn't have clean gear in the dressing room by the smell of their equipment & bag !!!

I'm with JR on the UA wearing out and not helping you sweat less. I'll admit it I sweat like a fat kid, I sweat just as much with my UA on as not. The benefit of UA to me is it keeps my elbow pads in place. Other than that it isn't too spectacular. Right now I am really enjoying my Trifilar polo and I am looking to get another one.

I use a Jofa Team Issue. I like it far more than any of my under armour. Even if you wash it alot, It doesnt get messed up like UA

Dri-Fit all the way. Its more comfortable than the others. Shirts and boxers, don't like the socks though, just regular cotton.

I know this sounds ridiculous but has anyone had irritation from shoulder pads rubbing against your nips? It happens to me once in a while and I've asked a couple of teammates and they have had it. I wear a tshirt when I play. Has anybody had this and if so would the Dri Fit shirts help?

I have 6 Under Armor Long Sleeve Tight fit shirts that I use for lacrosse. I don't use UA anymore because I don't like to wear a neck guard, so I have 2 bauer neckguard shirts and they do the trick. I am allowed to fold it down so it feels like I'm not wearing anything. I like UA though, it helps a lot in field lax for sweating.

I had always used regular T-shirts up until about a year ago when I tried some Underamour Loose fit. They may keep me cooler, especially when playing multiple inline games in a hot building but the main purpose it serves for me is that they don't get weighed down as much when compared to a regular cotton T. I always use UA now, but it does wear out. Also as mentioned, the long sleeve seems to keep my elbow pads in place better (yeah my arms are skinny...)

I got one at Just hockey for like 25 bucks or something, and the other in Edmonton at United Cycle for the same. They're really comfy, the only problem with them is that I roll up my sleeves on my jerseys onto my elbow pads, so you can see the black part and it looks kinda weird. I'm thiking about just cutting that part off and sewing it back together so it doesn't tear.