Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Mike Danton Arrested

Kind of like what Kovalev has shown w/ the Rangers...No interest at all? J/K

He seemed to play hard most games I saw.

I don't know what happen to Kovy this year but all the players who play with Kovy say that Kovy is a winner...Kovy has so much skill, maybe sometimes it seems like he doesn't work but he really work...Anyway, i would like to know if someone can explain me the Kovy's mystery of this year. Even in this playoff, with the Habs, I don't find that Kovy is spectacular as the past year. I want to be clear : Kovy really not impress me this year, but what I saw from him in the past year was just amazing.

Shorthanded already posted what I said sorry. But anyway this story keeps getting stranger and stranger...

Just watching NHL2Nite. Theres a big piece about it, and its interviewing family and former billets and they all say that Frost completely controlled Danton. This is getting really weird.....apparently Frost brainwashed Danton, among other people, and Danton finally snapped out of it.

CBC's Fifth Estate is running another show on this story Sunday August 27 at 3 and 8 pm ET on CBC Newsworld.

From the previous show (2 yrs ago): They have tapes and transcripts of telephone calls between Mike and Dave Frost on their website.

Rogue Agent tapes

My guess is that Danton was sexually assaulted by Frost from a young age and was always too embarrased to talk about it so he tried to have him killed when things finally got too fucked up. Frost is a fucked up dude who should not be involved in hockey at any level, especially minor hockey. Hopefully everything comes out in this case and doesnt make Danton look as bad as he did when this story originally kicked months ago.

They were just interviewing Sheldon Kennedy on Global Calgary. As Trucks said, it explains (but does not condone) Danton's actions.

Trucks,

No offence but I like the part where you said hopefully Danton doesn't look as bad. He did try to get Frost murdered, right? Not that I have a problem with it........

I could never back Dantons actions 100%, but sexual activities with minors of both sexes is even worse. Even in jails, those that are in for things involving children are looked down upon by even the worst criminals.

This sort of relates to the hockey parent goes bad thread in General Hockey Discussions, too. Apparently, Sheldon Kennedy's coach was "known" to be doing these things, so he got booted out. However, he was a good hockey coach, so he got the Calgary Hitmen (Junior A) coaching job.

Sheldon Kennedy talked about how many of the kids' parents would look the other way because they knew that his coach held one of the keys for the kids' getting into the NHL.

Frost was a good hockey coach (kept winning), so the speculation is that, with so many allegations coming up now, the parents must have known, yet he kept getting coaching positions.

Sheldon Kennedy talked about how many of the kids' parents would look the other way because they knew that his coach held one of the keys for the kids' getting into the NHL.

Frost was a good hockey coach (kept winning), so the speculation is that, with so many allegations coming up now, the parents must have known, yet he kept getting coaching positions.

That's unfathomable to me.

If anyone assaulted my daughters, you can pretty much guess that I'd be assaulted three years later in jail -- unless I was good enough to not get caught..... ;)

This sort of relates to the hockey parent goes bad thread in General Hockey Discussions, too. Apparently, Sheldon Kennedy's coach was "known" to be doing these things, so he got booted out. However, he was a good hockey coach, so he got the Calgary Hitmen (Junior A) coaching job.

Remember when all of that was going down - the players that James molested had came out...and the reports said that there was a MAJOR NHL star who was molested as well. The two biggest players he coached were Fleury and Sakic...Joe seems normal. Add that to Fleury's other problems growing up...

Oh to answer another question in the thread...he also represented Sheldon Keefe.

A few months ago, there was an EJHL team who practiced at my rink. The coach was A DEAD RINGER for Frost. It was the freakiest thing...and I had just seen that Fifth Estate show about him.

TSN reporting that Danton has been transferred to Canada and could soon be released on parole. Says that he wants to play hockey again. Presumably he means pro hockey.

granted it almost definatley wont happen, but id love to see him make a comeback like josh hamilton for the rangers (MLB)

I don't think he would be allowed back across the border.

I could be wrong but sometimes the government objects to the extradition of an inmate to a Canadian prison to avoid the cost of incarceration to the Canadian taxpayer.

creepy, indeed. here's a few quotes from the introduction that he wrote on the site.

This web site is going to be the most knowledgeable and at times controversial site in Hockey and we will dive right into all that is Hockey from the players to the management of the teams.

---

We will go behind the scenes and use our sources to get you the insight into the game and what is really going on with the challenges in today’s game.

---

This blog/column will not always be the most favourable position on Hockey topics, it will how ever be the most up front and knowledgeable and to the point. We do not have the restrictions that a news paper has and will bring you the straight goods on all topics from a Hockey perspective. There is so much that goes on in Hockey that no one wants you to know, we will bring that to you in a no holds barred way.

---

But there is with out question controversy with the way that transpired. Twelve years ago and when Hockey coaching was done at the higher levels with the Mike Keenan approach if you wanted to be successful you had to find a way to get the 20 players on the ice every night to buy in or play your system your way. Hockey is not for the fainted heart and I believe it is not for tree huggers.

wow...