Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladystorm3

embarrasing moments

what wud embarass u most?  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wound up for a slapshot and my top hand fell off. Swung down and the knob of my stick hit the ice and i slipped and fell. Also was captain of the team and in a tournament.

At my game on Sunday....was in the offensive zone on a cycle up the boards when the D man on the blue line shot the puck down the boards which I was going to let go past me and to the winger on the low boards....well....the defender near me got his stick in there somehow and tipped the puck right up into my jugular. Hurt like a SOB and i winced, when I opened my eyes the puck was INSIDE of my cage right infront of my mouth and nose. So I am skating in my cycle, circling back towards the dots and shaking my head around and taking my bottom hand off of my stick to shake the puck loose and hoping the D man doesn't swing "at the puck" at that moment. When the ref realizes what the eff is going on he blows the whistle, starts laughing and proceeds to tell me that he thought I was possessed and doing some kind of aboriginee tribal dance with my head and arms flailing around. I think sarcastically bitched him out when I came in for the face off which he brought outside of the zone.....which is the correct call btw....but he was hesitant as to where to drop it, and still laughing as he dropped the puck.

:P

lol mine was after the second intermission of our game, we were going to lineup for the faceoff but then the ref decided to wait a minute for it to dry up a bit, so I decided to just glide over to the boards and do a quick turn to impress the cutie sitting in the stands... so I get over there and go to make the turn and sure enough right on my arse ! lol needless to say the cutie had quite the chuckle lol.

Another one.. I was calling the lines on the female U20 provincals last year.. they had done the ice and we came out and it was wet so we decided to give the teams a few extra minutes.. so I go down put the net on and then decide to try and do some fancy turns and stuff coming back to the ref's crease well... I go to turn around and sure enough somehow I tripped myself and back on my arse !

HS game. they had a hundred loud hs kids. we had four parents haha. im comming in last for th faceoff. both teams are lined up. so i speed up a little and when i stop at the faceoff dot i get an edge, fall, and almost takeout their center....there crowd starts laughing histerically....but i scored 15 seconds later while they were still laughing and it got silent. haha. most embarrasing moment turned great. cant complain

Wound up for a slapshot and my top hand fell off. Swung down and the knob of my stick hit the ice and i slipped and fell. Also was captain of the team and in a tournament.

This happened to me at state this year. Broke the stick next shift, too.

Back in high school on Senior Night, my eventual college head coach came down to the game to do a final scouting on me and we were going to do a little thing post game for myself and the other seniors. Sure enough we get a PP early in the first, I'm at the top of the umbrella, get a pass coming to me, I try to pivot to take on my forehand and get off quick shot, sure enough I catch an edge, fall, puck goes by me, other team goes down and scores a shorty. First thing my college coach says to me after the game was "You know I almost left after you fell in the first." To this day I'm not sure if he was serious or not.

I was just about to split 2 dmen cutting into the zone and I toe picked it and went face first into the ice and obviously didn't get the highlight reel goal haha. also had a play where I went to make a sharp cut and got crazy legs, and next thing i knew i was 4 feet up in the air in a sitting position. that one was a bit rough.

Another moment that isn't particularly embarassing, more bizarre than anything, happened a few months ago. I was fighting for a puck with 2 dmen, and their sticks got crossed between my legs, and they both pulled at the same time (2 big dudes, one was a 6'3 kid right off the boat from russia, and another was this weightlifting personal trainer), and the last thing i remember was seeing the rink ceiling through my feet. My buddies told me i almost did a back flip.

I can say that I was tripped on the way onto the ice at the CT Division 1 tourney, was so embarassed. Also, during the season, I busted my _ _ _ on the way over the boards, but the state tourney was the worst.

I was 14, ended up picking off a pass around mid ice and making a break for it. Just the goal to beat, he tries to poke check me but I manged to pull the puck to the right and go backhand over his shoulder. I was so freaking proud of myself that in my little mental celebration sorta forgot where I was and proceeded to skate straight into the boards like an idiot.

Another Skate-Guard incident... but this time instead of being on an empty rink before open hockey it was right before a game. My teammates got a kick out of it though.

Been playing ice for a little over 4 months... falling with skate-guards on two times. I have to be at a pretty bad ratio.

Thought of another one - While lining a scholarship/showcase tourney the captain decided to dump the puck in off my jock. Keeled right into the players bench for about 20 seconds. Players helped me up so i could finish the final minute doubled over. Thankfully they had an ice clean between periods.

Not sure how embarresing this is but i was on a breakaway made a move and shot and some how managed to hit my blade in the goalies pad and it spears me in the stoumache and it stands like straight up with me on it. owwwwwww

Most embarrassing for me is falling w/ no around, catch a rut in the ice or pants get caught on wheels in roller.

Earliest embarrassing moment though was skating to center to take a face when I really young and didn't know how to stop, I kept ever so slowly drifting forward into the opposing center. The ref asked me what I was doing and I told him I didn't know how to stop, he just nudged me back to my side of the faceoff and steadied me until I stopped moving :lol:

My moment was during pregame, I skated out when the announcer called another kids name and the subsequently tripped over the blue line as I went to stop

this whole shift i had was pretty embarassing and my gf caught it all on video...

2 on 1, shooter faked and passed me the puck, missed an open net....back checking the other way on the same shift, go to turn as i am getting a break out pass and somehow do a double axle as my skate got caught and on my arse...

yep that was the most embarassing moment.

I'm leaving the locker room & carrying my stick straight up & down in front of me. The stick hits the top of the door jam and cracks me in the head. Helmet on. No damage :)

On the bench coaching. One of our boys goes to bank the puck off the boards to dump it into the offensive zone. It goes a little high & hits me square in the nuts. I heard about that for years. Hey coach, remember that time.... :lol:

This is my third post in this thread. Starting to see a pattern here....

I've missed so many open nets,

been dangled on so many times,

bit the fake on the toe drag more times than I can remember...

There was also the time I transitioned on defense forward to backward, lot my balance and fell straight back. I put out my arm and it got wedged behind me when I hit the ice and it broke in nine places. The guys on the bench though they heard my stick break but it wasnt the stick!!

I guess the fact of the matter is that I started learning this game too late (34 years old) and every time I step on the ice I have the possibilty of an embrassaing moment but I do love this game!!!

Had a clear breakaway the other night, and the teamate behind was shouting drop it, so on a clear breakaway, I drop pass the biscut, and needles to say there was no one home. When I got to the bench he said he was shouting: all you. I think I need to stop listening to the voices I hear.