Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malcb33

Dis/advantages of different palms

I've used Nash, Digital and Goat. Of the three, Nash was definitely the worst in feel and durability. Between the digital and goat, both feel great, but I've only had goat for a month, making durability hard to call. Right now, if I had to to choose, I'd go with the goatskin palms. Easy break-in, great feel, and little natural stretchy-ness.

One thing to keep in mind is that there's a good bit of variation in palms. Not all digital look the same, there can be quite a bit of difference. The same is true of "Micro-Nash" as well.

I hate nash palms with a passion, there is no good reason to put them on high end gloves. I would take goat over anything I've ever used, best combination of grip and durability I've ever tried. Digital is often thin and easy to rip, though it is nice and light and offers a ton of grip. I really liked the FFH palm that TPS had on the R8 gloves a couple years ago. I'd love to see something synthetic with the feel of a golf glove but not susceptible to drying out.

Ok - a naive question: what's wrong with nash? Isn't it the most popular palm among the pros?

It's slippery when you sweat and doesn't hold up very well. Sure, it's popular with pros, but a lot of guys use multiple pair of gloves in a game get extra grip on their sticks and/or candy cane them. All of the various things that add extra grip like a beater or candy cane tape jobs reduce the effective lifespan of the palm even more. I just want to be able to feel the stick when I pick it up without all of those hassles. Nash might not be the worst option on the market but it's a close second.

I really liked the FFH palm that TPS had on the R8 gloves a couple years ago.

+1 on that...FFH was one of the best palms ever.

I was waiting for chadd to say something about nash palms haha.

Chadd- What is palm is on most of your gloves?

I have a couple pair with goat, a couple with nash, but those all have overlays of another material or grip print on them except for the RBKs I just got a month or so ago and those are headed for a repalm with mesh gussets.

Are Clarino and Ivory nash the same thing?

I hope they are. Just ordered a pair of gloves that have an ivory nash palms and I hear clarino palms are pretty good. *crosses fingers* :lol:

saw PPF for $99 today on HM.

Really want them for my next glove, and though Im not ready to buy new gloves yet, I am thinking this is too good a deal to pass up....is it?

I have Easton pro 4 rolls with nash. How is the fit compared to my current glove, and how do the palms compare?

Awesome post a few back by Sublitwill. Could read his thoughts for days.

Whoever asked about Micronash, IMO, it flat out sucks. Just flat junk. I have a pair of Radim Vrbata pro return PPF's that were absolutely ruined by putting micro nash on. It feels like paper, and stiff paper at that.

Honestly, my favorite palm is digital. It takes some unfair critiques around here, but if you take care of your gear - as in, getting your gloves out of your bag as soon as you get home - digital will last a pretty long time. When your hands sweat against the digi palm, it creates a grip on the stick, with a feel so true and responsive, it's tough to beat. I'm in the process of getting a few pairs redone in digital. As for durability, I don't have holes in ANY of my digital palms, and I've been using one pair of Eagle Schultz PPF's pretty hard (my main glove) for the last 18 months straight.

MSH2 palm is also an amazing combination of durability, feel, response and performance.

Personally, I like the MSH2 palm a double digital overlay on my bottom hand with MSH2 on the top hand.

thats my perfect combo too ^^, was thinking of pm-ing you about the differences but didn't want to bother your prolly filled msg box, thx for the description =)

saw PPF for $99 today on HM.

Really want them for my next glove, and though Im not ready to buy new gloves yet, I am thinking this is too good a deal to pass up....is it?

I have Easton pro 4 rolls with nash. How is the fit compared to my current glove, and how do the palms compare?

Was this hockey monkey? I just checked and they were 149.99