Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve_v3

Glove Repalming "Who do you recommend"

I'm getting a pair of Eagle gloves repalmed for my brother and I haven't been able to talk to anyone at Fix it by mail. I've read the posts from people who have had good results and wanted to use them. My brother has called them and I have sent a couple of e-mails that have been returned.

Can anyone recommend another shop that does good work? Much appreciated.

If you're not picky about the material, HockeyRepair.com does a great job, but you only have the choice of Clarino or Leather.

If you're not picky about the material, HockeyRepair.com does a great job, but you only have the choice of Clarino or Leather.

Yea +1 on Georges Shoe and Hockey repair shop on Grand Ave. in St. Paul Mn. - I always go in person when I am visiting Minnesota. They always ask if you want "gussets" and all that stuff. Very good repair in my opinon.

just an fyi - its the "Brick and Mortar" store of the HockeyRepair.com from above.

Mark Brennan - former NHL EQM and president of the Society of Pro Hockey EQMs -

http://www.peachesprorepair.com

Yeah, Peaches is great. He used to run the pro shop over at Incredible Ice here in Florida and has always done great work while being a stand up guy. He helped me a lot when I was first getting started. I'd highly recommend him as well! :)

Searched, really didn't find anything other than this. Is FIBM the only place that can do MSH2? And for anybody that's had there's redone, how much is it for the MSH2 ( with gussets)? Thanks.

just got mine back from fix it by mail. these guys did the best job, and eagle actually reffered me to them. I got msh2 palms ...love them....best palms ever, they dont get crusty like leather and have the best feeling. try giving them a call. the receptionist is really nice, she doesnt check emails too often, just call.

ps...it was like $62us for msh2 and gussets.

I got my palms done at George's Skate Repair in St. Paul.. They replaced the palm and had it back to me the next day for $25

Ok, thanks for the price!! And how long did it take? Thanks.

once it arrived at their shop it took about a week for me to get it back. I just used an old pair of gloves while I waited

Searched, really didn't find anything other than this. Is FIBM the only place that can do MSH2? And for anybody that's had there's redone, how much is it for the MSH2 ( with gussets)? Thanks.

$ 45 plus an extra $10 for gussets. thats for leather, clarino, msh and msh2. i think the warrior stuff like mustang and goat is 60.

I just had mine done at Hockeyrepair.com, i get them tomorrow, but so far these guys were great to work with! all together under a week to complete. $50 even and they pay the return shipping.

Yeah I'm really happy still with my palm. I've had it a year now and it's holding up very well. Of course I switched to Tacki Mac grips a couple months back, but they are still very soft every time I play.

If I had Eagles though, I would probably do the Fix It By Mail for the MSH2, but I have no complaints about the Hockey Repair folks. Although I do want to see if they can make the gloves fit tighter next time.

Mark Brennan - former NHL EQM and president of the Society of Pro Hockey EQMs -

http://www.peachesprorepair.com

Yeah, Peaches is great. He used to run the pro shop over at Incredible Ice here in Florida and has always done great work while being a stand up guy. He helped me a lot when I was first getting started. I'd highly recommend him as well! :)

My brother just got me his pics of his Eagle's that Peaches repalmed. He did a great job and my brother is very happy with them.

peaches%20work%202.jpg

What palm is that? And did he have them in stock?

My brother didn't say. He was told they were a new palm. Marc had some issues getting them in. They promised to get him the palms by a certain time and it kept getting delayed. Marc was great he kept my brother in the loop the whole time and let him know about the delay. My brother had a spare pair so he wasn't in a rush.

I don't know much about different types of palm, but I tried them on and they are very soft and felt fairly thin with a good feel holding a stick.

Whats the difference between MSH and MSH2??

also where can I get them done? ...i have about 2-3 pairs I'd like to re-palm

thanks in advance

Seriously?

Go back to page 1 of this thread and read through it!

Sorry, but they're gloves. Look around and you can find quality comfortable gloves for $100, sometimes less, why bother repalming?

Have to disagree...getting new palms is like getting a new pair of gloves, but with the added benefit of not having to break in a new pair.

Sorry, but they're gloves. Look around and you can find quality comfortable gloves for $100, sometimes less, why bother repalming?

Because Easton hasn't made the GX series in a decade. :)