Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should a 102 grip NXG weigh?

Icewarehouse lists an 87 flex at 406 grams, so give or take 5-10 grams to make up for differences in weighing devices and other factors.

Different blade patterns and variances in production will have a different weight as well...

Doesn't the 2013 catalog list an NXG SE stick which is Europe only, and also a model that JR said is common among college and junior teams?

I remember that post from JR as well. Something like they are overbuilt a bit for durability reasons. I have a University of Wisconsin Nike Bauer Vapor XXXX and its significantly heavier than the regular retail model, and has held up ridiculousy well over the course of 2+ years of use. Could be a similar situation with the NXG, contributing the grip pattern difference to a custom option the player had when choosing the specs of the stick.

Exactly, it's supposed to have thicker walls for more durability. I could only guess that would affect the weight as well.

Hell, I bought a brand new P14 Total One NXG INT Non-grip for $89 on ebay, should I be concerned? Used it a few times and kicks like a mofo and tough as nails, zero issues so far. Just that I can't shoot like I used to with a P14 (P88 previously)

Hell, I bought a brand new P14 Total One NXG INT Non-grip for $89 on ebay, should I be concerned? Used it a few times and kicks like a mofo and tough as nails, zero issues so far. Just that I can't shoot like I used to with a P14 (P88 previously)

You are probably fine. If the stick is working well for you I wouldn't worry. It always takes a while to get used to a new curve, especially if they aren't too similar. The p88 and p14, while not drastically different, are not close to identical either.

Whilst our national team was in Europe for the world championships, a rep visited them and handed out a bunch of nxg's to all the players. They lasted a maximum of 3 weeks, every one had the same problem with the blade going in the heel. Don't know if it was a faulty batch (what does Bauer do with runs that fail testing?) but it didn't leave a great impression with the players. Anyone know for certain what happens with faulty batches and can they end up on the street?

I have a couple of pro stock NXGSE's and to be honest I didn't notice the thickness or weight difference that much between the retail version. I'm sure it's there but it's still an extremely light stick and definitely has a big kick to it when you hit the sweet spot with a snap shot or slapper.

One of the guys here brings in sticks direct from China, Bauer and Easton mainly. As far as I know they are all "fakes" not had a close look at them yet but the people buying them seem happy enough with them. He sells them for $150 AU each, which is about $100 AU off the retail price of the stick in a LHS here. I don't need a top end stick (real or fake) so haven't purchased one, at my level I'll just stick with my low to mid-range variety :)

But it does seem there are some fakes around, whether they are coming out of the same factory in China or a different one with close ties to the factories that do the sticks for Bauer and Easton I don't know.

I think I just bought one of his NXG's, should be here tomorrow. I'll report back what I find.

One of the guys here brings in sticks direct from China, Bauer and Easton mainly. As far as I know they are all "fakes" not had a close look at them yet but the people buying them seem happy enough with them. He sells them for $150 AU each, which is about $100 AU off the retail price of the stick in a LHS here. I don't need a top end stick (real or fake) so haven't purchased one, at my level I'll just stick with my low to mid-range variety :)

But it does seem there are some fakes around, whether they are coming out of the same factory in China or a different one with close ties to the factories that do the sticks for Bauer and Easton I don't know.

China has done a lot of fake sticks ... The same stick they can paint a top model from any manufacturer! It's sad, but true ... Anyone can buy these fakes here

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/896281043/New_design_Carbon_fiber_composite_bauer.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/649701421/ice_hockey_sticks_mako_hockey_stick.html

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=bauer+hockey

You can see how they are made - it's terrible!

On the guitar forums they have a sticky dedicated to pointing out the details of a fake guitar as well as having sites known for counterfeits. Maybe we should start that here. It helped a lot of people with guitars and now counterfiets are getting so good you need some training to spot them.

Just a thought.

On the guitar forums they have a sticky dedicated to pointing out the details of a fake guitar as well as having sites known for counterfeits. Maybe we should start that here. It helped a lot of people with guitars and now counterfiets are getting so good you need some training to spot them.

Just a thought.

Any time you buy from someone other than an authorized dealer, you should just expect that you're getting a fake.

i hope counterfeiting doesnt become prevailabt in the hockey industry now. its taken over the guitar world with high end guitars being replicated near perfectly to the passerbyer. its a shame.

I would say it already has become pretty prevalent already. I have a son that has grown over the years as he's played hockey. I've sold and/or purchased used sticks on both eBay and Modsquad, for him and myself. Usually I'll try and find a used stick for him to play with for a bit to see if he likes the feel, flex point, change in size category or wants to make a change from what he's using. New retail prices on top end sticks make experimentation very difficult and cost prohibitive. I usualy try and find a stick that is fairly well used and feel pretty confident based on past sales, amount of use etc. that the seller has simply moved on and is just cleaning out his closet. Once we find something we like, we'll then stick with that brand and model of stick until it is time to make a change, if it doesn't work out the hit to the wallet isn't as painful.

If you spend some time browsing sticks on eBay and eliminate the pro stock, you'll see fairly large quantities of brand new top of the line current model sticks such as DT1s, Easton RS, Easton Makos and others at prices that are just too good to be true. Unless there's a lot of sticks going out the back door of LHS, I'd say the counterfeit market for composite sticks is a thriving industry. There is simply no way there can be so many brand new top shelf $250 sticks for sale on eBay for $100 +/- off retail.

Any time you buy from someone other than an authorized dealer, you should just expect that you're getting a fake.

That's really the best advice. We all like to spot a good deal, but I'd rather pay $70 more for a stick I know is what i want than hoping I'm not getting caught in a scam.

this is a good point. also in the guitar world guitars dont go bad or get ruined like hockey equipment. whos still using their vintage 1959 wood stick here?

Hi, so I recently bought a nxg off of a guy for $150 and it's been working great until this morning, a couple of my buds asked why it said Reg 77 Flex. We were all pretty sure regular flex was 86 and that it should have said Med. I've done a little research but couldn't really tell. Plus I wasn't to sure what the retail warranty sticker looked like. Could anybody help? Thanks.

The retail warranty looks exactly like the pro "warranty" sticker...but your sticker doesn't look like any of them. The font used looks off...I think you may have a counterfeit stick there.

Is the twig broken? If not than you should be playing and enjoying it as it looks like a mean as twig for $150. Just Curious; what is Counterfeit stick mean? I have been around carbon fiber production my whole life. To counterfeit or reproduce a stick would be uneconomical because the economies of scale of a production run wouldn't make sense. The ratios of Carbon Fiber, kick points, fusion of blade to shaft ( yes they are in a way fused even though it is a one piece stick), dense foam inner core of the blade, and flex testing would require a serious production facility. Hmmm. I just don't see it making sense. How much does the stick weight? Is it balanced in its weight? Can you take a good detailed pic of the blade and more so the elbow ( blade meets shaft). The sticker and font is all bs ( no pun) could be a repaint or some Juniors kid trying to dump his gear so I wouldn't go getting sad you got duped bro. Plus the price is too low, even for a "fegazzzi" - Why would you flip it for $150 when it cost you a minimum of $150 to make assuming you had the facility and expertise in production ( if this stick is at least 80% on par with Bauer's real toothpicks). Also, if you have the expertise I doubt you would stop short and make a blunder like a bad font after you just sunk about $300,000 grand into a facility to make the stick. Follow my logic. I do not believe in counterfeit sticks on the market. I believe in repaints. Bauer does it, Easton Does it, your kid brother can do it. Making an actual stick .... you need more than a basement chem set. Feel free to argue me, I may be wrong.

The retail warranty looks exactly like the pro "warranty" sticker...but your sticker doesn't look like any of them. The font used looks off...I think you may have a counterfeit stick there.

I agree with the above statement! Although it is wrong and illegal to fake sticks like this, if you never noticed until someone else said something and you like the feel then I wouldn't worry to much about it. You can buy blank sticks with no graphics on them though for way cheaper