Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2013 Bauer Products

Nobody except some of us here knows what pro options are and they don't care. Nobody knows what a G3 is, they'll think Graf. Nobody knows what 12K weaves are, they'll think Reebok.

Every single 4 roll I have seen is highly modified. I understand there are 3 lines but I added the "pro version" as a line. You have seen the mods they do. If you brought a 4 roll stock to an equipment room how many would be stock? few if any. Maybe the foams are the same but cuffs are majorly modified, fingers, gussets, and even some have some different cover not tufftek but different. Granted you are paying 280 for a Franchise and can do what you want not 109$ for a 4 roll.

Just seems that Bauer has one thing for its pros and one thing for the parents paying 799.99 for skates and 600$ + for a few sticks. I mean how many 0ne95s are only being made for pros? Why is the G3 and 12k not available? They could charge what they wanted and the kids would buy them.

I was just at my LHS and watched a Bantam leave with 4 different sticks and 3 different curves and who even knows if the flexes were even close. So I am guessing if his favorite players 12k weave or G3 was on the shelf for 350 he would get it.

Agreed that its working however a lot more people are realizing that if X is using something different than Bauer wants you to believe, they aren't buying. One sport I was heavily involved with some of the top names is like that however people are starting to see that the guy winning 1mil+ is just good and it wasnt his gear. With all his sponsors very few trying to reach his level use it.

So as the public becomes educated I dont know if the repaint concept will be as good of a plan.

And you guys with the connections know that a lot of players use a lot of different gear and have seen as many crazy repaints of skates, sticks, and gloves as anyone. Heck I just have exp with 2 NHL teams and I still have no idea what some of these mods they do add to anything. Nothing like an equipment manager telling you" the only thing retail on that is the brand name."

I don't know man. No one is surprised that there is a lot of customization at the pro level - shortening, lenghting, tightening, even adding an extra layer of padding. That doesn't equate to a "4th line" and shouldn't anger anyone. It's not like they're using some magic materials that retail can't touch. It certainly doesn't mean the retail, unadultered version is problematic. If anything, it seems like when there is a popular modification at the pro level, it often trickles down (G3, Rangers hand pad, soft shoulder caps) with a shiny retail name.

Too bad you cant say anything remotely negative about bauer or you lose the freebies. Gotta suck

What you don't know, you don't know.

If you look at the new catalog and compare it to catalogs from previous years, you will see more and more "trickle down" from the pro level products into regular retail products. The differences of what you are able to buy off the shelf and what a professional would get are becoming less and less with each new product year. Looking at the new Bauer book, that fact is very evident

im glad their steel is going back to canada because the ls3 im using right now is the worst steel ive ever used in my entire life. at first i thought it might be bad bad luck with losing an edge but with over two months of use the edges simply do not hold. i think the longest i have gone without being at the point where im falling because of a totally lost edge is 3 skates...not good.

That's interesting. LS3 is their best steel. Might be an issue with your sharpener; might have tempered the steel.

its possible. however, the first time i used them the edge lasted 1 skate(could be back luck with that small sample size). since then ive gotten them done by a closer shop and they havent held up at all. are there any signs for tempered steel?

The PHEW guys would say that the cage fits perfectly and he's rockin' a nice hang from the cage.

For me it looks like the cage (& Helmet) is too big for the kids head. Unless that kids head is the size of Sputnik and has its own gravitational pull, that helmet doesn't look like it fits at all.

The winner! Thanks and I mean it. Somebody didn't bother with due diligence on this. I can't believe after all the concussion talk a photo like this would make it to national advertising. I'm not being picky because that kid would never get a helmet sold from me with that poorly fitted a mask.

The winner! Thanks and I mean it. Somebody didn't bother with due diligence on this. I can't believe after all the concussion talk a photo like this would make it to national advertising. I'm not being picky because that kid would never get a helmet sold from me with that poorly fitted a mask.

Really major point here. The average person may not notice it in the campaign, but that also means that they may not realize that it's completely wrong.

Cant see it well on my phone, but looks like his chin is above the chin cup?

Apparently my phone updates as well as it displays photos- a bit late on this one...

The new TotalONE pant system is comprised of two parts; the inner girdle still has the mobility and adjustment aspects of a standard wrap girdle, however, has their Vent Armor in the hip and kidney areas. It is fastened to the shell using a patented system that has strong Velcro tabs; one in the back and two on the sides. Now, the outer shell has stretch/wear zones and padding in the kidney and thigh areas, just like what NHL EQMs (and me) have been doing. NXG comes in at $149, only sold in combos, however, the shell will be sold separately if you need to change colors. The ONE.8 version comes in at $119, and will offer a custom program for team sales.

JR - Can you elaborate a little bit on how this setup differs from their current Supreme wrap girdle? Is it a significant protection upgrade while maintaining mobility or does the protection upgrade come at the expense of mobility? I'm in the market for a new setup and want to figure out if I should hold out for the new one. Thanks.

It's pretty simple; take your old girdle. Add Vent Armor to hip and kidney areas. Add a shell that has padding in the kidney and thigh. You put it on the same way, then pull the shell on; attach velcro. Still have the mobility of a girdle. It isn't like the APX Core Pad which was essentially a stripped pant.

I tried searching up but didn't find too much that was conclusive --- the one.9 stick is a facsimile of the one95, so will it be using top-end materials like the top 3 sticks in the Bauer line? I've read online that it's a true one-piece and that it's a fused one-piece, not sure what to believe.

Regardless of the fact that Bauer has an ad agency or graphic designer that may not know or realize that it is completely wrong, SOMEONE at Bauer should have taken a closer look.

bauer uses an ad agency in minnesota, olson. they also have the wild. someone should have spotted that somewhere along the line.

I think I remember seeing an ad somewhere about the Play It Again Sports in Kanata, Ontario selling off some of the 2013 Bauer gear early. I'm willing to bet that's where those gloves came from.

Speaking of 2013 Bauer gear, I really didn't want to be "that guy," but JR, someone... any idea when this year's Bauer catalog will be up on the site? I ask because I'm incredibly childish, entitled, and impatient. Seriously though, I am making some alterations to my equipment setup at home and I'd like to have a better idea of what I'll need to accommodate for (i.e. torn between Nexus and Supreme pants depending on features and sizing availability). If not, I'll just keep quiet and be patient. It's not like I always had the privilege to get sneak peeks of what comes out in spring.