Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Dunno whether it's new or not, but I noticed Rypien using what looks like Bauer One 35/55 elbow pads. Any clarification?

106770350_slide.jpg

Edler using Total One gloves??

106770360_slide.jpg

Yes, I was checking out the 2011 Bauer catalog in a shop in upstate NY today and saw all the new goodies.

Pretty neat video with Ryan Smyth prepping his sticks for game use and talking about why he uses what he does.

Cool vid. Maybe it's just me, but Ryan Smith looked a little uncomfortable.

Cool vid. Maybe it's just me, but Ryan Smith looked a little uncomfortable.

Definitely thought Smith looked uncomfortable.. As if he was like why the hell are they video taping me doing my stick? Also some of the questions the guy was asking was kind've stupid.. Is that a hair dryer? obviously not and is that surf wax? yea sort've more just candle wax haha

Definitely thought Smith looked uncomfortable.. As if he was like why the hell are they video taping me doing my stick? Also some of the questions the guy was asking was kind've stupid.. Is that a hair dryer? obviously not and is that surf wax? yea sort've more just candle wax haha

I've always used surf board wax on my sticks. Its cheap, plus it smells nice.

Dunno whether it's new or not, but I noticed Rypien using what looks like Bauer One 35/55 elbow pads. Any clarification?

http://cdn.nhl.com/canucks/images/upload/2010/11/106770350_slide.jpg

Edler using Total One gloves??

http://cdn.nhl.com/canucks/images/upload/2010/11/106770360_slide.jpg

Edler has been going back and forth between Total ONE and Vapor XXXX gloves as of late. He goes through gloves like no tomorrow, he breaks out a new pair about every 5 games or so.

Unlike us on MSH, most people who will watch this don't know much about hockey so I guess he was asking the questions 'normal' people would've asked. This being said, the guy doesn't really look professional anyway ahah

The ever-superstitious Martin Havlat switched from S19's to the Sherwood T100 to break his scoring slump:

106652300.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6A97C0BCB59328CBE0FDD0C01A1FB0048DAE2F69C4E3950F4E30A760B0D811297

Same thing happened last year when he switched from Dolomites to the S19.

Also, Brent Burns back to V10 helmet after using the M11 for a while. He had back to back concussions but complained about the M11 causing headaches.

The ever-superstitious Martin Havlat switched from S19's to the Sherwood T100 to break his scoring slump:

106652300.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6A97C0BCB59328CBE0FDD0C01A1FB0048DAE2F69C4E3950F4E30A760B0D811297

Also, Brent Burns back to V10 helmet after using the M11 for a while. He had back to back concussions but complained about the M11 causing headaches.

Thought I saw Hands using an Sherwood a few games ago.

Why do newscasters and article writers continue to refer to "today's composites used in hockey sticks" as being "graphite and titanium"? Graphite yes. That one has been around for over a decade now. Nothing new. But titanium? Only one I can think of is the Mission TI sticks, and even then, I don't know how much of the metal is actually in them.

I agree with Brent Burns and brought this up to the MFG. Some people have issues with M11. IT has been explained but they need to improve the padding that separates the 7Technology and the head. In some cases after expended play you can feel the 7 through the pads and it is painful. I have no problems but my son experiences excruciating pain after an hour of skating.

Why do newscasters and article writers continue to refer to "today's composites used in hockey sticks" as being "graphite and titanium"? Graphite yes. That one has been around for over a decade now. Nothing new. But titanium? Only one I can think of is the Mission TI sticks, and even then, I don't know how much of the metal is actually in them.

What irritates me more is the guys that still call them "these newer sticks" as though they haven't been around for the better part of a decade....

A buddy of mine switched to the helmet a month ago and says they're giving him headaches.

I don't like how they lump all composites into the "break like toothpicks" category. We don't need to go back to wood, just ask for thicker shaft walls or reinforcement in the slash zone.

Kostitsyn had the mystery Warrior gloves on again tonight. Can't find a clear picture.

Edit: In the background

106772477.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E63A12242FE6A1FF4856AD75EDEE14FEE011222082AA2E5348E30A760B0D811297

i saw these upclose and they are not the standard 4-roll franchise, they have multiple segments simillar to the ak27.

i bet these are the new ak27.

He wore totalones in the pre-season as well.

Interesting... No wonder when they get crosschecked from behind 20 times per game, it never seems to hurt them.

Yeah, I've seen them I just thought he was using XXXX's or X:60's. It was the yellow bit that stood out for me. And haha those are kneeguards? I thought those were those laccrosse things some people wear for their ribs.

i saw these upclose and they are not the standard 4-roll franchise, they have multiple segments simillar to the ak27.

i bet these are the new ak27.

Hopefully they won't come in hideous color patterns! :)

There were some good close-ups of Kovalchuk's sticks in the latest SI. Didn't look like anything interesting going on except for the change in finish towards the bottom of the shaft, which was most likely player requested.

There were some good close-ups of Kovalchuk's sticks in the latest SI. Didn't look like anything interesting going on except for the change in finish towards the bottom of the shaft, which was most likely player requested.

Yeah, the widow is suppose to have a new taper at the bottom.

Hopefully they won't come in hideous color patterns! :)

could be the new projekts from the home page, look to be about the same graphics

could be the new projekts from the home page, look to be about the same graphics

I don't think so. The graphics package is different. There are three stripes, two of which (the outside ones) start horizontally and then curve to go vertical along with the center line. On top of that, the glove that is pictured appears to have three segments before the knuckles start, the Projekts only have two. Also, on the cuff-roll you'll notice it's red with a white segment above it before it get's to the cuff of the glove. This is not present on the Projekts either.

any idea where its supposed to line up in the warrior heiarchy of sticks?

I would assume it's going to be at the top if they are giving Kovalchuk one to rep.