Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCOMPL

2013-2014 Sticks

Okay, a couple questions...

Why did he think you wouldn't like it and how did you purchase one already? I didn't think they were set to release until Nov. 1st.

Well Sherwood is a brand that isn't talked about that much any more here in Canada. The brand isn't exactly synonymous with cutting edge technology and quality in Canada. I am curious if there is a similar bias against the brand in the US?

I questioned the floor guy on why he said we weren't going to like it and he confirmed what I already new, the Sherwood brand name isn't really a brand name that the kids openly embrace. He knew that the stick was for my kid and had he approached us with "hey, you want to try the new Sherwood stick" it probably would have been met with some resistance. It was probably a smart way to introduce it - pick a feature like the weight of the stick and use that as the 'sell' and then bring up the name brand. Whether or not it was the right approach, in the end, the guy got us to try out a stick that up until that moment I had no idea even existed and it was a heck of a lot cheaper than the stick I was looking at AND my kid really likes the stick.

I have no idea why they had them in stock. I haven't posted in this forum in a while, I was just checking in to see if there had been any discussion on the stick so it was news to me that it wasn't meant to be officially released until Nov 1.

Regardless, go check out the stick if you get a chance, I think many people will be pleasantly surprised.

Does anyone know if the new EK15 will be released with their "slimfit" shaft dimensions as well? Or should I go pick up the T90 I saw at HockeyGiant last week? :)

People beat street dates all the time.

Sherwood has not been synonymous with goo d high end composite sticks with the majority of the retail market for a while. At least that's my impression.

Does anyone know if the new EK15 will be released with their "slimfit" shaft dimensions as well? Or should I go pick up the T90 I saw at HockeyGiant last week? :)

I dont think it will, however, my understanding is that the Ek15 will be the nexon dimensions, at least similar.

I dont think it will, however, my understanding is that the Ek15 will be the nexon dimensions, at least similar.

And the nexon had the rounder shaft, didn't it?

my understanding is yes, although i never owned one. I dont see them releasing a slim version of the EK15 given that.

And the nexon had the rounder shaft, didn't it?

YES!

Take it from someone who loved the T90 and bought a Nexon online to try their new high-end stick.

If you are comfortable with a T90, the Nexon and EK will feel like a junior stick to you! Very round and small.

The shaft size of the T90 and EK15 are the same. It's the raduis of the shaft that gives it that smaller and rounder feel. Both sticks are 2.48cm by 2.39cm.

Gotcha. I'll have to just see for myself. I use an intermediate stick because a) I like the shaft dimensions and b) its exactly the right length without cutting it down. Combine with a smaller feeling shaft with the no flex zone so I can cut down an adult stick, and I should be loving it.

I saw a slim T90 in the store and fell in love. I wish I'd bought it. Even if the EK15 isnt the slim fit, if it has a "smaller feeling" shaft, that may be wonderful.

I saw the SWD T90 movember edition today at my LHS.

They also had the EK15, boy is that thing light and very well balanced. I was blown away, 200$ca

You can ignore my last question; I found the EK15 thread and now understand that " they only released the PP26 Stastny and PP88 Ryan II for the launch. The rest of the patterns will be available in January."

I can't say for the AX1, but I have an AX2 and prefer Bauer --- not sure exactly how the stiffness compares, but I feel like the puck comes off the stick faster from the Bauer.

how on earth haven't reebok yet made an exact clone of the P92 or classic Sakic..

they claim that their p87 is but it not and look's off to me.

I have a handful of reebok sticks with a clone of the p92 pattern

I have a handful of reebok sticks with a clone of the p92 pattern

The p87 is the most similar to the Sakic/p92 pattern but I would definitely not call it a clone. The p87 has less of a curve and more of a loft than the Sakic/p92.

The p87 is the most similar to the Sakic/p92 pattern but I would definitely not call it a clone. The p87 has less of a curve and more of a loft than the Sakic/p92

IMG_0243_zps35c15edd.jpg20k stick

IMG_0241_zps53783319.jpgai9 stick

how on earth haven't reebok yet made an exact clone of the P92 or classic Sakic..

they claim that their p87 is but it not and look's off to me.

Same with CCM imo. I can't get used to my RBZ stage2 just due to slight differences between the RNH and p92.

Same with CCM imo. I can't get used to my RBZ stage2 just due to slight differences between the RNH and p92.

Well i think the bigger factor in that is the RBZ stage 2 feel is much different then high end bauers.

Out of curiosity, how does the feel differ?

I've been using a Bauer Totalone NXG and the RBZ stage 2 for the past few months and for me the RBZ blade blade feels stiffer and harder than the bauer blade. Its hard to explain but when carrying the puck with the RBZ I don't feel like I have a very good sense of where it is on my blade. With the foam blade on the Totalone, I get better vibrations through the shaft when stick handling giving me a better feel for the puck. I haven't been able to get used to the RBZ feel so I just use it as a backup to my Totalone. It all comes down to personal preference though because I know many guys that love the feel of the RBZ.

As far as shooting goes though, the RBZ feels much better than the bauer. The puck just rockets off the blade and I find my shots harder and more accurate.