Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wildcat85

notre dame hockey helmets

My team recently changed to notre dames colors and was wondering how they get gold helmets? Could i paint mine or would it come off easily? I think it would be cool if the whole team painted thier helmets gold

do not paint yours it will void any warranty and is bad for the plastic, it also will inevitably chip off and look terrible with the contrast of the gold color

The football team paints theirs weekly, not sure about hockey. I hope they order them in gold. As posted above, painting helmets is a bad idea all around. I haven't seen one that didn't look like crap in a hurry. Cascade offers gold as a color option, I'm sure if you check around you could find others.

http://www.amazon.com/Notre-Dame-Hockey-Helmet-2007-2010/dp/B007AJ1IE6

Looks painted to me. As others have said, it's a bad idea for warranty reasons. Michigan originally painted the wings on their hockey helmets, but the paint chipped off and would get in the players eyes, so they switched to hand taping with yellow tape (which they still do 20+ years later).

I beleive the hockey teams helmets are painted as well. The football team (ND) uses 24K gold flake in the paint, not sure if the hockey team gets the same treatment?

Like said, do not paint the helmet. It will chip and the paint chips will be a mess.

I've seen kids paint their cages, a week later it was so bad from all the paint chips in their eyes and mouth they had to trash it.

You should really only really have a gold helmet if the whole team has them, and if the whole team has them youll be getting one. So I wouldnt worry about it. 19 black helmets and 1 gold would look stupid

Like said, do not paint the helmet. It will chip and the paint chips will be a mess.

I've seen kids paint their cages, a week later it was so bad from all the paint chips in their eyes and mouth they had to trash it.

They didn't prep properly then. I've repainted several cages without a single issue.

there is a local college club team here their helmets have to be green half of the players went out and found green helmets and the other half sprayed their helmets. They look less like a team because everyone has a different shade of green, not to mention their gloves are all different colors as well. If it where me I would try to get your whole team together and see if they would be interested in shelling out some cash for matching lids and write every company about a team order of golden helmets.

Paint chipping should be your last concern. Under USA Hockey you are not allowed to wear non-cert helmets. Painting your helmet voids the certification.

HockeyMonkey has 4500s in medium and large, I was actually looking to order one in black for myself and I saw the gold choice and was reminded of this topic.

First: Get at least 12 players (preferably the whole team, as it would look horrible to do only part of the team) to agree to buy a Bauer 5100 (the cheapest possible helmet they can get from Bauer in custom colors).

Second: Go to LHS, order this helmet.

Third: Wait 3 months.

Fourth: Wear gold buckets and look amazing.

First: Get at least 12 players (preferably the whole team, as it would look horrible to do only part of the team) to agree to buy a Bauer 5100 (the cheapest possible helmet they can get from Bauer in custom colors).

Can you get the 5100 in vegas gold?

You can't do a 4500? There is a D3 college team that is sponsored by Bauer and uses green 4500, but I'm sure that's a different circumstance.

I'll look at the catalog tomorrow regarding Vegas gold.

It does not show the 4500, wouldn't surprise me if you could though. Michigan State last time I checked also used 4500s, so i'm guessing its possible.

I'll look at the catalog tomorrow regarding Vegas gold.

It does not show the 4500, wouldn't surprise me if you could though. Michigan State last time I checked also used 4500s, so i'm guessing its possible.

good to know. I am not looking to do it just out of curiosity seeing as the 4500 is probably the most popular bauer helmet ever

It amazes me how many people think yellow is called "gold". No its yellow!

I once asked a ref why he would say "gold" rather than "yellow" when he brought a player from the yellow team to the box. he told me "refs don't like to say more than one syllable so there's no yellow in hockey."

looks like the cascade helmet comes in old gold as a custom option. if you can still get that done since bauer bought them.