Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this guy

Your Razor

For those of you old enough to shave, (I hope that's all of us) what is your combination of cream/razor? I have REALLY sensitive sking so I use Gillette shaving cream for sensitive skin along with the Schick Quattro. As for after shave I use the Nivia for men after shave. I highly recomend the after shave it's almost orgasmic, it works so well. Also, I have tried using electric razors but I just can't get used to the "pulling" feeling that it gives me. What do you guys use?

I use some Gillete Gel (no idea what name) and a Mach 3 razor. I have some Calvin Klein Contradiction after shave balm, but I rarely use it. Did anyone else get about 15 Mach 3 Razors about a year or two ago? It seemed like every arena I went into had a guy handing them out at the gate.

Well, I shave my head and face...

Razors - Cryogenically frozen Gillette Sensor Excels on my head the first shave(they really do work, they last much longer and a good price, the site is GreatRazors.com ) and I use a Gillette Custom Plus disposable for my face and the second head shave to get that extra smooveness.

Shaving cream - Skintimate w/ Baby Oil

After shave - Tend Skin

I use a Norelco electric, then follow up with a Mach 3 to get that baby smoothe feeling.....

If you have sensitive skin, I'd suggest you try the Mach 3 over the Quattro. I found the Quattro irritated my skin comparitively -- its sensor strip seemed worthless.

Gillete mach 3 and gillete sensitive skin. I cant shave close on my neck though or I get ingrown hairs like crazy.

i use a mach 3 razor or these schik extreme 3 disposables, theyre both the same to me, i like edge advanced for sensitive skin (it has a menthol type tingle) and i once had a bottle of paul mitchell's tea tree shave cream the stuff was great but expensive, as for afterward i use tend skin, sea breaze astringent, or this niviea mentholated stuff, what ever i have the money for

I have The Mach 3 and I also had the Philishave CoolSkin electric razor.

My boy uses a Venus.

But it is true - those Mach3s and the like are a waste of money. I've always found that they shave worse than a disposable.

.....I have REALLY sensitive sking so I use Gillette shaving cream for sensitive skin along with the Schick Quattro.  As for after shave I use the Nivia for men after shave.  I highly recomend the after shave it's almost orgasmic, it works so well..............

I do the exact same thing. And your right about the after shave. :D

Instead of the Gillette shaving cream, I would recommend Clinique For Men sensitive shave cream. It is expensive but worth it. Ditto with the Nivea aftershave- like liquid velvet.

haha ,im 14 and i shave(and no im not one of those kids who just shaves for the sake of shaving i actually need to) so i dont know what you mean by hoping were all old enough to shave. i use a shick quattro and edge shaving cream. has anyone noticed that its cheaper to buy a whole set(razor ,shaving cream ,a spare blade ,10$) then buying the blades for almost 30$?

Guest Marcelo Cordoba

Great topic!

I have battled this for years and for me, using a badger shave brush with Colonel Conk's World Famous Glycerine Shave Soap are more important that the razor itself.

I used soap and water for years. I tried every shaving cream/gel out there. Nothing worked until my in-laws (OK, three weeks until they are official) gave me a shaving set last XMAS.

I am using Mach3 razors, but, they are no better than the disposables that I have used.

Ponty, I may have to try your pink razors...

I use a Mach3 Turbo with Edge Active Care Ultra Sensitive gel. I used aftershave just once and it gave me a face rash. My pharmacist said I should just avoid aftershave altogether.

ive never even tried after shave ,i just shower after cause i usually get a little shaving cream in my hair and well ,its just a big mess

so what stuff do you all recommend for sensitive skin? i.e. neck getting red in spots or drying up after shaving? i used the neutrogena gell and their spf lotion and it works well, with a mac 3 turbo.