Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this guy

Your Razor

Double edge is the way to go! I like the Gillette blue pack blades. I went with the expensive soap and I believe the soap is the most important thing if you have coarse facial hair.

I have thought about trying an oil when I run out my soap. Where do you guys get your shaving supplies?

I recently recieved the Schick hydro for free...I am much more satisfied with it than my Gillette fusion. I only miss the single blade trimmer that the fusion had, other than that, the shave is so much smoother with the hydro.

Zach

I get it from West Coast Shaving.

I also use soap; as far as oil is concerned, just use olive oil before you apply soap and shave, and then after.

Do you use olive oil for the head, face, or both?

both

I will give it a try. Thanks. I always end up really dry and if I go over areas multiple times on the neck to get really close it gets irritated pretty quick.

have you ever checked out badgerandblade.com? I kinda like the msh of shaving haha

I know these guys get crazy! I was talking with the owner of Westcoast shaving and he was telling me that some customers spend 500.00-600.00 a month on brushes. It is crazy!

I know these guys get crazy! I was talking with the owner of Westcoast shaving and he was telling me that some customers spend 500.00-600.00 a month on brushes. It is crazy!

just went to badger and blade... holy cow those guys are serious shavers, but I am a shaving soap kinda guy when I head back to the states I always bring a few jars of this stuff home..declare it of course!

proraso_greentea_lg.JPG

Proraso green tea and aloe for extra sensitive skin

American Crew: Lubricating Shave Oil

Eucalyptus, rosmary and clove.

Nice oil!

exactly:

Ingredients: Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (*Cloves), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil (*Rice), Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin (*Copaifera Tree), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Eugenol, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid. *Source

I am pretty lazy and don't put a lot of thought into it, I use disposable razors mainly Shick Extreme 3. They do the job well for me I haven't had any issues!

I use a fusion blade with some fancy holder that my wife bought me. it's heavy and 'balanced'. for pre/post shave I use truefitt & hill west Indian limes. amazing stuff.

I use a fusion blade with some fancy holder that my wife bought me. it's heavy and 'balanced'. for pre/post shave I use truefitt & hill west Indian limes. amazing stuff.

Truefit and hill is good stuff!

Finally picked up a Merkur razor from West Coast. Used it with some Proraso (green tube) for my first DE shave today. Awesome to say the least. The only problem is that I had a pretty thick beard going and the kid won his first playoff round today. Hope I didn't jinx them! Yikes. I wasn't really thinking when the USPS box showed up! Just raced upstairs and got working. Uh oh!

Finally picked up a Merkur razor from West Coast. Used it with some Proraso (green tube) for my first DE shave today. Awesome to say the least. The only problem is that I had a pretty thick beard going and the kid won his first playoff round today. Hope I didn't jinx them! Yikes. I wasn't really thinking when the USPS box showed up! Just raced upstairs and got working. Uh oh!

What razor did you get? I have a 33c,but I kinda want to try an open comb or a slant soon though. Just ordered some proraso as well

What razor did you get? I have a 33c,but I kinda want to try an open comb or a slant soon though. Just ordered some proraso as well

I got the Merkur 34C. I used the Merkur blade that came with it, but got the sample pack. I am going to try the Derby blades next and then the Feathers that came in it. I would add that the longer handle might be a nice consideration. I am surprised how tiny this razor is, although as I said, it works great so far.

I got the Merkur 34C. I used the Merkur blade that came with it, but got the sample pack. I am going to try the Derby blades next and then the Feathers that came in it. I would add that the longer handle might be a nice consideration. I am surprised how tiny this razor is, although as I said, it works great so far.

I don't really care for mekur blades. I got a sample pack as well and derby's have been my favorite so far and they are they blade I compare the others that I try to. You ever browse at badgerandbalde.com ?

Bit of a learning curve with Feather - you will cut your face up hard the first few times.

I've finally mastered them enough to consider buying them (before then I was using red Personnas.

Just read this thread, so much of it sounds like work. I can see why I have a beard.

I use a Norelco tripleheader to shave my neck, and a beard trimmer when I start biting more mustache than food. I've never used any other kind of razor, and don't recall if I've ever gone as long as a year without a beard, since I was able to grow a good one. I was 17, and as long as it got me into bars . . .

Forty years later, probably haven't shaved my face for over thirty, so it's just been neck for quite a while.

Thanks guys. The Derby was nice, but I did give myself a good nick unlike yesterday with the stock Merkur blade. I am gonna stick with the Derby blades until I run out and then switch to get a good feel for each blade in the pack. Was warned to use the Feather last.

Did check out the badgerandblade.com site. It is very helpful.

Yeah, they are super-sharp. They shave really well though, but requires less pressure than most blades.

Merkurs do not last for me.

Look at the red Personna blades as well.