Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malcb33

NHL players that play Inline

Hi all, I guess this is a follow on from another post, but I thought it would be interesting to find out what NHL players have been playing Inline during the Lock Out! Anybody know of any players that play in your local area?

DiPietro was playing out in long island, but he stopped to get ready for the world championships a while back.

Luongo and Hasek played. Someone mentioned the Hatcher brothers. I've heard O'Sullivan plays, not an NHLer, but a notable junior.

there were some NHL'ers who played roller...guys like Manny Legace, Deiter Kochan, a guy from the Caps a couple years ago, Lindros,

like it was said above..the upcoming ranks are brimming with kids playing roller like Hensick (Team USA World Jr), Bobby Ryan, Kolarik, Naurato, half of W. Michigan, kids on the NDTP, in the USHL, NAHL, etc

there are a few guys that aren't in the nhl yet but i think they are all drafted that play roller in my league,

landon dingle, mark ehl, david jones, gilbert brule, all these guys are from vancouver,

As the years pass more NHLers will be hybrid players as In-line is a growing sport. Alot of older guys didn't have the oppurtunity to grow up with it.

Mike Van Ryn of the St. Louis Blues plays roller hockey. He represented Canada at the Pan-American Games back in the mid-90s when the event was held in Canada. That year Canada beat the U.S. for the Gold, but the team was stripped of the Gold medal because the Canadian goalie, Steve Vezina tested positive for drug usage.

DiPietro was playing out in long island, but he stopped to get ready for the world championships a while back.

This guy I know played against Rick a few times. He said DiPietro plays forward and was at the top of the league in stats. I always knew he was a forward at heart...he can't stay in the crease for more than 30 seconds!!

there were some NHL'ers who played roller...guys like Manny Legace, Deiter Kochan, a guy from the Caps a couple years ago, Lindros,

like it was said above..the upcoming ranks are brimming with kids playing roller like Hensick (Team USA World Jr), Bobby Ryan, Kolarik, Naurato, half of W. Michigan, kids on the NDTP, in the USHL, NAHL, etc

Where's Bobby playin?

This guy I know played against Rick a few times. He said DiPietro plays forward and was at the top of the league in stats. I always knew he was a forward at heart...he can't stay in the crease for more than 30 seconds!!

Yeah, he supposedly rarely played in net. And Bobby's playing in Owen Sound.

Danny Genovese plays both, there was a big story about him in ESPN The Magazine not long ago. I got to catch an elbow from him in the neck in a playoff game wednesday night.

the best roller player i've seen play on video is alex hemsky of the edmonton oilers. he was going end to end almost at will on one of the videos i saw that had him playing on the czech team in some kinda of world turney last year. that guy is a real flashy player in the nhl as well.

I don't know how old this information is, but I was looking around on the National Inline Hockey Association - Canada site and I came upon this <http://www.niha.ca/rollergreatforice.htm>. Here are some of the notable players:

National Hockey League

Mike Van Ryn - Sarnia Roadrunners - Florida Panthers

Noah Clarke - Beach Boys - Los Angeles Kings

Jason Chimera - Edmonton Saronage - Edmonton Oilers

Jamie Lundmark - Edmonton Saronage - New York Rangers

Eric Messier - Montreal Roadrunners - Colorado Avalanche

Canadian Hockey League

Gilbert Brule - Team Mission (B.C.) - Vancouver Giants

Cam Paddock - NS Zulu/WC Warriors - Kelowna Rockets

Bobby Ryan - Tour USA '87 - Owen Sound Attack

hmm Bobby's with Tour....he was with Mission before he got really noticed for ice...that kid is such an amazing player

My friend played on the Beach Boys with Noah Clarke and Justin Morrison (Van draft pick).

I got to play against Clarke in 1994 in a KOHO cup tournament in Whittier, CA. He was probably 5'3 at the time and we shut him down...lol.

Also, Anson Carter plays in a roller league every offseason at Healthsouth in L.A.

the Beach Boys were the team back in the day and should have won more NARCh titles than a lot of other teams, but always seemed to put other teams on the map, Buffalo Wings, Bauer Pythons to name 2

didn't most of that team wind up playing at CC together?? Noah, Justin, Manu et. al?

noticed 3 of Justin and Noah's ex-teammates on Manchester are on the IIHF World's team that starts play tomorrow in Finland

I remember bringing a pretty decent team into 98 nationals and getting housed by team paradise, THAT was fun!

the Beach Boys were the team back in the day and should have won more NARCh titles than a lot of other teams, but always seemed to put other teams on the map, Buffalo Wings, Bauer Pythons to name 2

didn't most of that team wind up playing at CC together?? Noah, Justin, Manu et. al?

noticed 3 of Justin and Noah's ex-teammates on Manchester are on the IIHF World's team that starts play tomorrow in Finland

Manu? Wasn't his last name Ma'au or something like that?

And yeah, most of them seemed to go to CC. I believe Alex Kim went there as well, although I don't think Alex played too much roller.