Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponty

Buyout & Free Agent Thread

I knew the Flyers were going to do that...I kinda had my sights set on a trade, but I knew they were going to be gone

Leclair back to the habs!!! man he would be awesome to have again

You beat me to it. Man that would be great.

I'm curious to see what the flyers are going to do now. With 3 of the top 6 names gone it will be interesting this year. I'm not too optimistic though :(

I'm curious to see what the flyers are going to do now. With 3 of the top 6 names gone it will be interesting this year. I'm not too optimistic though :(

I'm pretty much the farthest thing from a flyers fan, but they have a decent stable of young guys. If anything they could be better with all the past their sell date vets gone.

I wouldn't be that sad Seth.

Getting rid of Leclair and Amonte are good things. They are both finished.

Actually, they can both contribute, but not in Hitchcock's system.

Just looked at their stats and they both actually did do better then I thought last season.  But being 35 and 36, they are running out of gas quickly.

The new rules could really help Amonte have another couple good years if he can keep his wheels. He has to play in the right system and have a guy who can hit him with the big breakout pass.

Leclair needs to get time on the PP grinding away in front of the net or throwing his weight around on a forecheck. Having him play a 1-2-2 or 1-3-1 defensive system doesn't play to his strengths.

Getting rid of Leclair and Amonte are good things.  They are both finished.

Leclair hasn't looked that good in years and was destined to be a casualty because of his huge contract.

You might be right about Amonte. He looked terrible in Hitch's system.

Getting rid of Leclair and Amonte are good things.  They are both finished.

Leclair hasn't looked that good in years and was destined to be a casualty because of his huge contract.

You might be right about Amonte. He looked terrible in Hitch's system.

Leclair's contract was a mistake from day one. Sometimes Clarke is too loyal to the guys who have been around for a while.

I think Witney might be picked up by Edmonton. But not till UFA. Not at all surprised by Hatcher though.

Sniper94

I'm not surprised at Hatcher and Whitney being let go, but I'm shocked about McCarty. Not only is he a good role player, he is a fan favorite. I never would have thought that he would paly for any team other than Detroit in his career. Still, I actually don't mind them letting him go. It shows that Detroit is ready to part ways with people who have performed for them in the past, something that I think they've had a problem with. Mac isn't nearly as effective as he used to be, and hopefully they can pick someone up who will be better for cheaper.

Other note its that Lacroix said no major buyouts planned. Sounds like Gratton stays as well.

Forsberg and Foote are big questions now.

Here's the list as it grows:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=10407

For those who don't know who he is...Gavin Morgan is a McCarty-esque player. Bang away and score a few as well (10G-23A-33Pts / 147 PIM in Hamilton last year).

Sounds a lot like his year in Hershey.

Do you say that as a good thing or a bad thing?

Here's the list as it grows:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=10407

For those who don't know who he is...Gavin Morgan is a McCarty-esque player. Bang away and score a few as well (10G-23A-33Pts / 147 PIM in Hamilton last year).

Sounds a lot like his year in Hershey.

Do you say that as a good thing or a bad thing?

It just is, neither good or bad.

looks like Tkachuk & Weight are staying...Pronger is still unknown...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...22?OpenDocument

Personally...with the new rule changes, Pronger is a great asset as a phenomenal passer (able to do 2 lines now) and he's a great D man as well...(seeing as the game should be faster, teams will need Defenseman who can skate)...

Being 6' 6"...Prongs can cover a lot of ice, plus being able to kick-start the transition game...

So the blues can have the "big 3"...Jackman is good as well...Beckman is a solid defensemen also...but no Demitra...so Doug Weight will need someone besides Tkachuk to pass to...(they're never on a line together anyways)...it's going to be tough for them this year...

This is a very good time for young, low-price teams with big upsides...i.e. Atlanta, Pitts, who knows what Boston can do with all that money...