Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

"Evil manufacturers"?

i had this cutout sticker in my arena too!!!

just curious, was it a Canlan facility. i'm wondering if they just did a deal with Canlan rinks or all major Cdn. hockey rinks?

Are these cutouts in the States too? anyone?

gb

If it is Naslund and Iginla, it's their Canadian ad campaign.

We're a BNH First Line Dealer and my store is pretty much the BNH store (we have XX and XV gloves on the wall in 8 different colors in each size) and we don't have it.

just curious, was it a Canlan facility. i'm wondering if they just did a deal with Canlan rinks or all major Cdn. hockey rinks?

gb

No it a private rink...it doesnt own to the city...it called Sportplexe 4 GLACE at pIerrefond

gb

No it a private rink...it doesnt own to the city...it called Sportplexe 4 GLACE at pIerrefond

I saw it at Richmond Ice Centre, which isn't a CANLAN facility. It looked like somebody (turned out to be Iginla) was snoozing on the bench next to the stick rack.

I changed the title of the post as it doesn't seem fair to single out one particular manufacturer as any more evil than the others. I would hope that a title has no effect, subliminal or otherwise.

While I understand the point was to question one member's beliefs about BNH, this conversation has become more about the industry in general.

On the good news front, I once read an article that CCM put their laceless "Boa" skate system used on kid skates on a pair of adult Vectors so a one armed teenager could lace them up without assistance.

The article said the one armed kid was pretty good too!

JJ

gb,

And the court thanks you for answering the questions! I didn't think Puckskin could be evil! They are led by such a great guy!!

If I decide to leave my pro shop, are their any openings at Puckskin?! I can be taught to sew. After all, I learned how to sharpen skates!!

Take it ez,

Peter

That's funny Peter! lol

please send resume to iwannamakepuckskinina beautifulcitysurroundedbyoceansandmountainsandhappysmilingthreaders@modernhockey.com

I will need to skate on your handywork before I determine whether you can wield the sewing machine. BTW: we throw one hell of a Xmas party!

gb

The BOA system is good. I have a friend in the waterskiing industry who says that they use it on their bindings and such.

Agreed. BOA system is used on a bunch of different footware, boots, skiboots, and more.

BOA is working on a new system for hockey skates that will allow different tightness for top/bottom. The one on the junior skates ties the skates same tightness all the way up. This single option won't fly with the senior skaters.

I have a complete BOA kit ready to install on a pair of skates. Just have to get off my butt and take them to the skate sew shop. I hate tying skates!

I was just about to bring it to roller and CCM came out with it.....I had samples done and everything....I was just 3 months to late....

Gotta be quick on the draw these days.