Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

What number do you wear

I wore 18 until my second year of Bantams, another kid in my organization had 18. So i chose 81 and have worn that for the last 8 years.

Started off with 22 and then moved to 68 (big Jagr fan back in the day) by my last year in High School. I recently started playing again (3-4 months ago) and I am using 88 now. No reason why. I'm not a Lindros or Kane fan. I just like the number. :cool:

Started off with 8 since it was assigned to me, then went to 12 since my dad always wore 24 (half of that is 12) then when that was taken on my new team, 44 since it was a close personal friends # in college and it just kind of stuck once I wore it

I wore 83 for the past 3 years (my year of birth). I changed this year for the 66 because my kid is borned on the 6 of august. I wanted to do like Maurice Richard and put my kid's weight but 7.5 doesn't fit well and the 75 is already took.

^^Should have gone 45 (for when he came back out of retirement)... 27, Roenick was my favorite player back in the day, and I always enjoyed watching Hextall's antics in the nets. Not to mention other guys like Kovy, Eddie Olczyk, Teppo Numinen, Kirk Muller, Scott Niedermayer, etc.

Im 36 yrs old and have been wearing number #9 for as long as I can remember. I wear it because that was Wayne Gretzky number as a kid and his favorite number because of Gordie Howe. I didnt want to wear 99 cause I firmly beleive no one should wear those kinda numbers (66, 99, 88 ect) unless your better then they are cause I think you look like an idiot wearing it. ( this is just my opinion so please dont take offense to it)

For the longest time tho I was stuck wearing 91 because my best friend and captain wore 9 for the same reasons i chose 9 so i picked 91 to say to him im #9 but also number #1 (i dont think im great i only said number one to break my friends chops)

It seems that #9 should be considered in that group of numbers that shouldn't be worn, especially if #88 is considered one. Not arguing, just stating my opinion.

I personally go with #17. I don't have a particular reason or player in mind, I just like the number.

8, and I'm sure some people around will think that this is hilarious.

My little league baseball teams would always order jerseys from 1-10 (1 being the smallest and 10 being the biggest). Every year I got #8 somehow. When I picked up hockey a few years back, I got to the meeting late and it was only fitting that the only jersey left was 8.

Everyone else turned their jerseys in at the end of the season, but I ended up buying mine.

13, 16, 19 when I was younger. Now I have 37 for last 14 years or something. I wanted 73 (YOB) but the number had another teammate.

Started off with 8 since it was assigned to me, then went to 12 since my dad always wore 24 (half of that is 12) then when that was taken on my new team, 44 since it was a close personal friends # in college and it just kind of stuck once I wore it

oh look we wear the same number

I wore 13 when I was goal for some odd reason, then switched to #44 when I moved out to wing (Robbie Brown). Now all I have to do is find a 6'4" RH C wearing 66

8, and I'm sure some people around will think that this is hilarious.

My little league baseball teams would always order jerseys from 1-10 (1 being the smallest and 10 being the biggest). Every year I got #8 somehow. When I picked up hockey a few years back, I got to the meeting late and it was only fitting that the only jersey left was 8.

Everyone else turned their jerseys in at the end of the season, but I ended up buying mine.

Exact same thing for me with the little league number. I always wore 2 for baseball, started out with it with hockey, then the second team I was on had a goalie that wore 2. Switch to 11 after that. I was number 11 when I used to race dirt bikes, so it was a solid transition.

I had the 83 (yer of my birth) but since we had a new sponsor, so new jerseys and got the blessing to have kid this summer, I will wear the 66, because my kid is born on June 6th.

44 or 24. 24 was my sisters NCAA soccer number and 44 is Timonen's number, my favorite dman. Also just a good defense number.

Used to be 85 until recently my parents got divorced after 17 years. Divorce finalized Nov 17, mom moved out Dec 17. I wanted to be 17 but it was taken so I got 71. Also thought it was cool that Malkin (#71 and my favorite player) got a hat trick on Dec 17 vs the Sabres. Another cool story is we got random usernames for the online textbook in my English class and the slip of paper I got said my username was mstapleton71! Both numbers are showing up everywhere it's kinda freaky but I like it :)