Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

What number do you wear

I currently wear 18, it was what was availible and i like the number. I also like numbers with 8 in it, * for ovechkin, corsby is 87, kane 88, hossa was 18 and is now 81, savard was 18. If i could choose from any number it would either be 12, for my grandpa who's birthday was on the 12th, 44 because my two favorite players are patrick kane (88) and angela rigguiero (4), 97, or 27 because my birthday is may 27th.

But I like 18 and plan to stick with it for as long as I can.

6-first number I was assiged in atom. It was nice cuz it's also my birthdate. Its the number I use most.

9-kariya fan/was assiged that in high school.

61-filled in for a team that already had a 6. added a 1 on my jersey and the number grew on me.

Those are the three numbers I prefer to use. I have also used 5, 82, 23.

Started out with 87 (year I was born). I joined a new team and they already had an 87 so while my jersey was being ordered, I taped it to be 89. Had that jersey for a while until our team ordered new ones, I dropped the 8 and have just stuck with 9.

I also like 91, 93 (Doug Gilmour) and 6 (family number).

#19 for Steve Yzerman, favourite player of all-time. I've met him before and he's always amazed me with how humble he is. Truly a class act. I'll wear this one on years when my team needs me to play forward.

#55 for Nik Kronwall. 55 was always my defense number, works out nice that Kronner wears it and is one of my favourite Wings players.

#23: My dad's old number. I'll grab this one if 19 or 55 are taken or unavailable.

91 Have almost exclusively worn 91 since my days of yore.

Played on a few tourney teams and had to go with 90 (Joe Juneau and 91 was taken). only other number I have worn is 10 for one season since the team I joined at the time didn't have a 91 and didn't want to make one up for me.

#39. 13 was given to me in college and it did me well. I started playing men's league and it didn't surprise me someone already claimed 13. So I multiplied by 2, 26; already taken. Multiplied by 3 and 39 it was.

24 for Matt Cooke minus his dirty stuff/it was a number given to me this season. He's an effective player when he's not boarding/decapitating people on the ice.

That was my first number, more in homage to Probert than anything else

That was my first number, more in homage to Probert than anything else

Yeah, Probie was great. Cooke is dirty but plays with an edge, which I've started playing with, without the dirty stuff.

#9 Even though he's American and I'm Canadian because of Mike Modano. Still LOVE watching him skate.

74. Because that's the jersey I was given (whole team had 70-series numbers) way back in the day. Bounced to 77 and 97 for show-off purposes for a few years, but have since gone back to the original 74.

used to be number 4 when i played defense, back then our numbers were given by position and according to them defense wore 2-8 and 44 and 77 for our best guys, i always got stuck with number 4, i guess i sucked haha. when imoved to forwards i went with 27, peca and corson were my favorite players growing up, but april 29 is my birthday so i switched to 29 back in 05, i think that one is gonna stick around since i got rid of my number 4 and 27 jerseys

Either 17 (cause it looks good) or 9 (my favorite player ever, Paul Kariya). But since I don't get to choose I always try to pick the least ugly/random number (last wear was 81, not bad ahah)

This is a little irrelevant, but I suppose that since it looks for the WHY you use a number. Anybody have any ideas of famous players or people who were number 3? Couldn't catch my main 15 or 4...3 was my next option. Looking for a little inspiration for the number. It's already got me a goal, so I suppose it's not all that bad. :tongue:

Douglas Murray wears 3. :D

I wear 58. I didn't grow up a hockey fan so I don't really have hockey idols. 58 came from Derrick Thomas, linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs who died in 2000. Also, 58 is never going to be taken already on any team I play for in any sport so it's a stable number for me.

This is a little irrelevant, but I suppose that since it looks for the WHY you use a number. Anybody have any ideas of famous players or people who were number 3? Couldn't catch my main 15 or 4...3 was my next option. Looking for a little inspiration for the number. It's already got me a goal, so I suppose it's not all that bad. :tongue:

Tons of defensemen over the years

Good list here: http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/numbers.cgi?number=3