Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

What number do you wear

I wore 14 growing up and in high school. I switched to 17 in college for a change. For teams when I have a choice of number, however, I would pick 61 in awe of the almighty Afinogenov.

I always wanted #7 but it was quick to get snapped up when I was a kid, because of coffey and bourque, so I started wearing #17, because before Wendel, no one wanted 17. Still wear it now 20 years later.

6, my first defensive partner was number 9, I was left and he was right. Not many people picked up on the joke. Stayed with it because I prefer single digit numbers and it's rarely taken.

beauty hahaha

In hockey 81 and 85, there's no real story there. When I started playing as a mite the coaches just handed out jerseys and I got number 81 randomly. As a Bantam I went to 85 because one of the second year players already had 81. Playing football I wore 62 because it was my uncle's number when he played at UCLA. Don't really count rugby because it's not a matter of choice.

ALways wore 7 except freshman year in HS where I had to wear 8. One Roller hockey league me and another guy had to rock-paper-scissors for it, so I ended up with 77 with the second 7 made out of electrical tape.

Started off playing with number 10, since my birthday is 10/10.

Switched to 14 at squirts due to my love for Sergei Samsonov.

That number kind of stuck until freshman year in high school, my best friend (actually Top Cheese on the MSH forums) had taken number 14. So I switched over to 17. Really liked it, no real significance.

But a little bit of irony is that when my bud went to play college, his number (14) was taken, so he actually took number 17.

So now we both ironically have stuck with number 17 as our primary numbers.

The longest time I used 66 cause of Lemieux. This year I wanted to use 58 cause of Tanger but my school is bogus and wouldn't make me up a jersey so from the remaining numbers available they had made I picked 20. I forgot Pronger uses it so I got kinda angry lol. In beer league I used 97 though cause it's a number that always stuck out to me.

I have worn #10 almost my whole life playing baseball. Mainly because I am a huge Chipper Jones fan , hence the NickerJones screenname, which spawned in high school via a cheer leader who liked to make fun of my admiration of Chipper. #10 was a no brainer when I started hockey. I started my own hockey team just so I didnt have to worry about it being taken j/k. Although I did wear #77 in football because I was a huge Elvis fan and Linebackers couldnt wear #10 at my high school.

7, my birthday, and lucky number you know!

I've always been 18 because that was Trevor Linden's number when he's with team canada during world cup days, and Naslund's 18 when he was early in his Canuck days. Currently wear 7 as well. No real reason.

#60. Started with 19 (because of Sakic), then moved to 9 when my league didn't have numbers that went that high. For a few years that I didn't get 9 I would go with 6 instead. Decided to add a 0 to it beause for some reason I like the look of double-digit numbers on a jersey haha. Plus, its pretty rare...the only players that I know who wear #60 are Theodore and Demers.

Had 4 for a few years when I started, then switched to 44 after a teammate asked for 4. I had the best season points-wise so I stuck with 44 for the last couple of years of minor hockey. Haven't really chosen another number since (haven't joined a team so no need/opportunity to)