Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzz_LightBeer

Salming Stick

I havent seen that on the Salming site. Must be a new OPS for 05/06? Jason?

TF Evolution, brand new.

Any prices?

Last time I spoke with Jason he still was not sure what the final US price point would be.

look at the first pic the guys with the salming...he didn't lace the third eyelet...nothing important but weird lol...

look at the first pic the guys with the salming...he didn't lace the third eyelet...nothing important but weird lol...

Same as me, just superstitions.

Thanks, Buzz. That's Mikael Samuelsson, who's turning me into a Red Wings fan, because I'm checking the box score to see how well he's done. :lol:

The stick is the TF Evolution, which you can see on Sweden's website Salming Sweden, and on mine any day now if I can get these web guys to finally make a couple of simple changes. Does anyone know Flash?

The Evolution uses Amorpheus Graphite, which apparently allowed them to lower the weight while retaining the strength. They're supposed to ship from China next Saturday and will probably take about 4+ weeks to arrive. Because this is actually a pre-order to full production, the blade patterns will be limited: Sakic, Lidstrom and Hoglund (who's using it in Sweden).

Chadd's right that I haven't set the price. Obviously, I'd like to keep the MSRP as low as I can, but it does affect certain program pricing. My guess is the MSRP will be somewhere between $185 - $195.

I don't think it's a lot, but this guy I booked off at www.rentacoder.com, who said he'd have it done in two days, hasn't done anything in one month.

I'll PM you.

He used to play with the Rangers. He's a very smart, disciplined, patient player. I was always happy with his play. He killed penalties and could score a goal or two. I think what happened was that Rangers kept adding the superstars and he just kinda faded outta the lineup until he was traded/signed by Pittsburgh. He will fit in well with Detroit's responsible style of play. Nothing responsible about the Rangers or Penguins play lol.

The Evolution uses Amorpheus Graphite, which apparently allowed them to lower the weight while retaining the strength. They're supposed to ship from China next Saturday and will probably take about 4+ weeks to arrive. Because this is actually a pre-order to full production, the blade patterns will be limited: Sakic, Lidstrom and Hoglund (who's using it in Sweden).

Hmm...sounds like XN10...might want to check the patents in North America...

Hmm...sounds like XN10...might want to check the patents in North America...

As long as there is something different in either the mixture or molding process, they should be fine.

Didnt Branches get the patent from Dupont to use Kevlar in their sticks? I read it a long time ago. It said that Branches was the only company producing sticks with Dupont Kevlar.

Interesting. It is not too often that those types of patents are handed out. There could be a deal behind the scenes to purchase patent rights. We'll have to see if there is anything more to this one.

Didnt Branches get the patent from Dupont to use Kevlar in their sticks? I read it a long time ago. It said that Branches was the only company producing sticks with Dupont Kevlar.

That would be a license not a patent.

doesn't amorphous mean that it's a solid that deforms? i think glass is an amorphous solid, which will "droop" (really old glass windows were thicker at the bottom than at the top because the glass flowed downwards). how does amorphous carbon work? any chance of telling the story JR?