Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan_The_Man_16

New Bands

i agree with whoever said Thrice. Amazing band.

On the other hand, another amazing band is Bleeding Through. Amazing pump-up music, I listen to it before every hockey game and it gets me so pumped. They're really hardcore, and really good.

Hate to hijack ur thread but I`m also looking for new bands other then, but simular to....dashboard confessionals, something corporate, jack johson, ben kweller, death cab for cutie, postal service etc. Any suggestions?

Built to Spill

Sigur Ros, Boards of Canada, Underworld, Ween, Armin Van Buuren, Built to Spill, De La Soul, Big Star, Iron & Wine, Uberzone, Happy Mondays, Dinosaur Jr, TV on the Radio, Elbow, Eagles of Death Metal, The Tears, Esthero, T. Rauschmiere, Cat Power, Carl Cox, Grandaddy, Calexico, Explosions in the Sky, The Wedding Present, Andy C, Fatlip, DJ Icey, The Notwist and Themselves preforming

AKA coachella 2006 lineup. Highlight Built to Spill, Sigur Ros, add Bloc Party. You're set for a couple of weeks thereee

Hate to hijack ur thread but I`m also looking for new bands other then, but simular to....dashboard confessionals, something corporate, jack johson, ben kweller, death cab for cutie, postal service etc. Any suggestions?

Built to Spill

Sigur Ros, Boards of Canada, Underworld, Ween, Armin Van Buuren, Built to Spill, De La Soul, Big Star, Iron & Wine, Uberzone, Happy Mondays, Dinosaur Jr, TV on the Radio, Elbow, Eagles of Death Metal, The Tears, Esthero, T. Rauschmiere, Cat Power, Carl Cox, Grandaddy, Calexico, Explosions in the Sky, The Wedding Present, Andy C, Fatlip, DJ Icey, The Notwist and Themselves preforming

AKA coachella 2006 lineup. Highlight Built to Spill, Sigur Ros, add Bloc Party. You're set for a couple of weeks thereee

I've been downloading a lot of Sigur Ros lately. What the hell is that song "Staraflur" from? Its been driving me crazy. I'll second Bloc Party as well.

Not really a new band but KoRn are great.

I'd suggest:

Lostprophets

Bullet for My Valentine

Incubus

Killswitch Engage

Funeral for a Friend

Trivium

Fall Out Boy

Symphony X possibly one of the most talented bands out right now.

Yep.

I'm still into Metallica though, all the old stuff is good, depends though. Load/Reload is good depending my mood, the black album is good sometimes, but the first 4 are good any time. and S&M (live with San Francisco Orchestra) is an amazing pair of CDs.

Alter Bridge is also a very nice band I found somewhere. I believe the CD is "One Day Remains" and I think that anyone that likes 3 Doors Down, or something comperable will like them. The entire CD imo is very good. If anyone wants to sample it, send me a pm and we'll figure out a way to send it.

This was a thread about GOOD music, how the heck did Alter Bridge or Creed ever get mentioned!?!

Avenged Rocked my ass out untill they put out City Of Evil, now it sounds too popish and I hate it

The musicanship on that album is incredable. The orcastra and flameco influences are insane and very well put in. Also I feel they were only screaming because people liked it, now that they have a solid fanbase they can do whatever makes them feel good about the music.

Sorry, but it's Dashboard Confessional - not plural, so no "s." Pet-peeve.

I love Dashboard, but they are a distant second on my list of personal favorites; not even close, as far as I am concerned, to Brand New. Every single one of their songs is worth a good listen, but, if I had to suggest a few specific songs, I'd name *deep breath* 'The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot,' 'Flying at Tree Level,' 'Sic Transic Gloria...Glory Fades,' 'Okay, I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't,' 'Guernica,' 'Play Crack the Sky,' 'Jude Law and a Semester Abroad,' Sudden Death in Carolina,' 'Failure By Design,' 'Last Chance to Lose Your Keys,' 'Seventy Times 7,' 'Magazines' and *another breath* 'Soco Amaretto Lime.'

"Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis" remains one of the all-time clutch wheeling songs.

...that's another good one to check-out. I'm telling you, I've never heard a Brand New song I didn't like - but there are some I like alot more than others.

me being more into rap i dont really know many band but i am listing to some fall out boy and like them also Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional is great i love that song.

40 Below Summer

36 Crazy Fists

Fallout Boy like AS12 mentioned is making a good comeback

Alexisonfire

Maybe you can try listening to music from other genres...keep an open mind and remember that many great bands/artists have been influenced by those outside of their own "type."

Boyz II Men for example, have been influenced by Metallica and actually thanked them in one of their liner notes for sending the group a boxed set...

And dear god, Alexisonfire is complete ass. I can't even understand what their "singer," is screaming...I'm ashamed these guys come from Canada.

I'm also into the emo/screamo/hardcore/punk, whatever you want to call it type of music...but some of my favs are:

Thrice(of course)

From First To Last

A Static Lullaby(<<<LISTEN TO THEM)

A Change Of Pace

Silverstein

Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Halifax

Just Surrender

Hawthorne Heights

H.I.M.

A7X

Maybe you can try listening to music from other genres...keep an open mind and remember that many great bands/artists have been influenced by those outside of their own "type."

Boyz II Men for example, have been influenced by Metallica and actually thanked them in one of their liner notes for sending the group a boxed set...

And dear god, Alexisonfire is complete ass. I can't even understand what their "singer," is screaming...I'm ashamed these guys come from Canada.

Typical answer from someone who doesnt even listen to there stuff by the sounds of it. If you'd listen to there newest albums (Watch out, Switcharoo) You'd here that theres hardly any screaming, whatsoever, and when there is, it adds a nice contrast to the other singers amazing voice(dallas green). Not to mention there on stage performance is amazing and so energetic. not to mention there quite the funny guys.And so what if you cant understand him, I'd much rather listen to George from alexisonfire "Scream" then listen to Twista rap. Cuse god knows I dont understand a word that comes out of that mans mouth.

Avenged Sevenfold is good, Bullet for my Valentine is also good. Have you heard of Stutterfly or The Bleeding Alarm or Cry of the Afflicted at all? They are good. Hawthorne Heights is also a good sugestion I saw them in the topic. Most of the stuff that I listen to now has already been listed. Trivium, COB, Amon Amarth, From Autumn to Ashes, and In Flames are some of my current favourites. I saw Protest The Hero in here too, and I agree they are an good up and coming band. If you are looking for a little easier listening try Deathcab for Cutie or The Junction, which is a great band from Ontario.

Hawthorne Heights

I have to say that Hawthorne Heights is probably the best band around.

As for AOF, i have to agree with J-Shera! There latest albums do have screaming yet you can still understand what they are saying. Take the time to listen. Dallas Green does have one amazing effing voice.