Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan_The_Man_16

New Bands

Hate to hijack ur thread but I`m also looking for new bands other then, but simular to....dashboard confessionals, something corporate, jack johson, ben kweller, death cab for cutie, postal service etc. Any suggestions?

Built to Spill

Sigur Ros, Boards of Canada, Underworld, Ween, Armin Van Buuren, Built to Spill, De La Soul, Big Star, Iron & Wine, Uberzone, Happy Mondays, Dinosaur Jr, TV on the Radio, Elbow, Eagles of Death Metal, The Tears, Esthero, T. Rauschmiere, Cat Power, Carl Cox, Grandaddy, Calexico, Explosions in the Sky, The Wedding Present, Andy C, Fatlip, DJ Icey, The Notwist and Themselves preforming

AKA coachella 2006 lineup. Highlight Built to Spill, Sigur Ros, add Bloc Party. You're set for a couple of weeks thereee

I've been downloading a lot of Sigur Ros lately. What the hell is that song "Staraflur" from? Its been driving me crazy. I'll second Bloc Party as well.

Most of their songs don't contain words. He uses his voice as a musical instrument and plays his guitar with a violon arch. For the name of their songs though you can probably find the english names on their official website.

Hawthorne Heights

I have to say that Hawthorne Heights is probably the best band around.

As for AOF, i have to agree with J-Shera! There latest albums do have screaming yet you can still understand what they are saying. Take the time to listen. Dallas Green does have one amazing effing voice.

I have to say that Hawthorne Heights is one of the worst bands Ive ever listened to but thats just my opinion ;) .

If you're into that whole Post-Hardcore genre etc...Check out:

Chiodos

The Fall of Troy

YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO

The Blood Brothers

Neon Blonde

As Cities Burn

Give up the Ghost

Refused

The Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Tower

Hot Cross

A band that is growing on me and I really like is Coheed and Cambria. The song "Welcome Home" is amazing.

Is that the song in it,it says ''pull the trigger and your nightmares will end'' or something along those lines...?

Some stuff I've been listening to the past little while:

Modern Life is War

Sigur Ros

The Jonbenet

Ying Yang Twins

Three Six Mafia

The Number 12 Looks Like You

Me and Him Call it Us

Mozart Season

Only stuff Ill listen to other than classic rock is Alexisonfire, Protest the Hero and a bit of Jack Johnson.

Kinda of a round-about-way of doing this but...

When I want to get into someone new I get into the core basics first as most music today comes from some of the trend makers.

For me and my style of music these "basics" tend to be:

Black Flag

Sex Pistols

The Clash

Black Sabbath

Starting at the very core and the raw of music can work. Thats how my wharped brain works anyhow.

what kind of classis rock? 50's or what years?

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, The Beatles and a bit of Supertramp is what I listen to most of the time. I have all of zeppelins, floyds, supertramps and the beatles albums and 3 hendrix albums, and queen greatest hits.

i like all music like rap and stuff but like rock bands and stuuf i like

Death from above: little girl(mint song)

static x

black sabbath

Atreyu(emo i kno but still pretty good)

jimmi hendrix(voodoo child is soooo sick)

him

cky

avenged(eternal rest has the sickist guitar solo rite in the beginning of the song,fing amazing)

van halen

acdc

pantera

iron maiden(the trooper is like my favorite song)

children of bodom

dancig

victorian sluts(uk band)

sex pistols

motley crue(best band ever!!!!!)

metallica

and thats about it

the state of music is honestly pretty damn bad right now. too many bands trying to sound like each other to make money and obviously get girls. Radio, MTV, etc, are killing music. but thats a whole different discussion for another day.

if you are looking to check out new bands, i recommend going to insound.com, they have a lot of mp3s to download for free and you can expand your musical interests and maybe find some random band that interests you.

Atreyu(emo i kno but still pretty good)

avenged(eternal rest has the sickist guitar solo rite in the beginning of the song,fing amazing)

I don't think Atreyu's emo, at all...I love them, especially their new song, "Her Portrait in Black"

That solo though from A7X, is absolutely amazing. I Love it, it makes me wanna quit guitar every time I hear it

Kinda of a round-about-way of doing this but...

When I want to get into someone new I get into the core basics first as most music today comes from some of the trend makers.

For me and my style of music these "basics" tend to be:

Black Flag

Sex Pistols

The Clash

Black Sabbath

Starting at the very core and the raw of music can work. Thats how my wharped brain works anyhow.

Throw in some Dead Kenedy's, and Minor Threat and Suicidal Tendencies and you got a winner.

In my older years I have been going with Buit to spill, Spoon and Arcade Fire

dunno if this ones been said for bands, but i just heard them the other day and they're pretty good...similar to our lady peace. the bands called the honorary title.