Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan_The_Man_16

New Bands

I'm just getting tired of listening to the same old bands (Zeppelin, AC/DC, Pantera, Manowar, Metallica and Dream Theatre). The only new band I really like is Avenged Sevenfold and thats because I had heard them before they released their first real CD with Hopeless (Sounding the Seventh Trumpet) and thought they were amazing so I've been following them ever since. The reason I'm looking for popular new music is because my band was just signed to a minor label and we basically want to stay original but still fit into a "trend"(although emo is not an option) as that is really what gets you signed these days. If anyone has new bands (preferably metal/hard rock type bands) they would reccomend listening to I would appreciate suggestions.

Definitely give Bullet For My Valentine a listen.

Cries In Vain, Four Words (To Choke Upon), and Turn To Despair, all amazing songs.

The 2nd one is also on the NHL 06 soundtrack. Good band from Europe

Bullet For My Valentine sounds EXACTLY like a local band from my area that just went big (Protest the Hero, currently touring with Bad Religion!!!) but has been around for a loooong time. Not a fan, but the guys from Protest are great guys and very talented musicians. They have a wicked sound tech who helps out with our shows alot (we've opened for them recently at local shows...unfortunately this was before the BR tour). I'm just not into the political B.S. they sing about.

I'm partial to punk/screamo and I think Hawthorne Heights is a very good up and rising band. There not entirely emo either.

www.myspace.com/HawthorneHeights

The Used , Motion City Soundtrack are also good. Motion City Soundtrack (thats the bands name, not a movie soundtrack or whatever) are pretty upbeat and have their own type of sound in my opinion.

Good taste fire on ice, I definately like everything on your list, m.c.s is pretty good, that song "Everything is alright" is extremely catchy as well as most the others. And might add another, silverstien- pretty good if like hawthorne hieghts you'll like this band.

Hate to hijack ur thread but I`m also looking for new bands other then, but simular to....dashboard confessionals, something corporate, jack johson, ben kweller, death cab for cutie, postal service etc. Any suggestions?

Hate to hijack ur thread but I`m also looking for new bands other then, but simular to....dashboard confessionals, something corporate, jack johson, ben kweller, death cab for cutie, postal service etc. Any suggestions?

Built to Spill

Jack's Mannequin, the side project by Andrew McMahon, complete with Tommy Lee on drums.

I´m recently listening to Evergreen Terrace, Death by Stereo, Thrice and Comeback Kid a lot which is close to Avenged Sevenfold. If you are looking for something more to the soft side a la Taking Back Sunday than you could give June, Hawthorne Heights, Nural or Hey Mercedes a try. And for something in between I am liking Underoath, Burnthe8track and Thursday a lot.

Edit: Add Funeral for a Friend to that list

They are such a great band, I knew they would make it the very first time I ever saw them live (I was only 12 at the time and didn't apperciate their shredtastic guitar and drum skills). I was just at their show in T.O. on November 4th and I couldn't have asked for a better time. The guys are real down to earth two, I ran into Zaky and Sinister at the Lawblaws down the road from the Kool Haus (for those who know Toronto) and they were real cool abought signing a few picks for me and my pal and straightening up some descrepencies I had with the sweep picking runs in the solo to Second Heartbeat. Anyways they are working on a live album just incase you wanted to know.

Trivium great band they are sort of new, they have a few CD's out , some good songs are like light to the flies, dying in your arms and falling to grey

I also listen to system of a Down great band also.

i have a ton of bands i've been listening to...thrice has always been a staple for me, but i've been really getting into underoath, HIM, CKY, funeral for a friend, bleed the dream, the rocket summer, and coheed and cambria. all sick bands.

Symphony X possibly one of the most talented bands out right now.

Yep.

I'm still into Metallica though, all the old stuff is good, depends though. Load/Reload is good depending my mood, the black album is good sometimes, but the first 4 are good any time. and S&M (live with San Francisco Orchestra) is an amazing pair of CDs.

Alter Bridge is also a very nice band I found somewhere. I believe the CD is "One Day Remains" and I think that anyone that likes 3 Doors Down, or something comperable will like them. The entire CD imo is very good. If anyone wants to sample it, send me a pm and we'll figure out a way to send it.

I was just listening to a new album I recieved today. "Undoing Ruin" by Darkest Hour. I´m in love.

I think you should stay with a classic rock influence. Around here (whitby..close to you) alot of people enjoy classic rock, specifically Floyd and Zeppelin so some new music with a classic rock style would probably be good.

Avenged Rocked my ass out untill they put out City Of Evil, now it sounds too popish and I hate it. Tvivium is pretty good, one of the guys is from Maine. For smooth music I would suggest Sigur Ros or Neverending White Light. For harder stuff Strata, Unearth and since the holidays are comming, it's time to bring out some Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Some great CDs that I picked up this year...

Chidren of Bodom-Are You Dead Yet?

KMFDM-Hau Ruck

Most Precious Blood-Merciless

God Forbid- IV: Constitution of Treason

Still Remains-Of Love and Lunacy

The Red Chord-Clients

Throwdown-Vendetta

Cannae-When Gold becomes Sacrifice

Opeth-Ghost Reveries

Comeback Kid-Wake the Dead

Devildriver-The Fury of Our Maker's Hand