Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gongshow11

socring slump

I am in the worst scoring slump of my life. no goals yet this year, im dying for one, and ripping my hair out wanting one. any tips or ideas? im normally a goal scorer too

I am in the worst scoring slump of my life. no goals yet this year, im dying for one, and ripping my hair out wanting one. any tips or ideas? im normally a goal scorer too

i was in the same boat last year in my senior year. i never found the back of the net until febuary. the year before, i averaged over a point a game, but senior year everything went to hell. ended with just 3 goals out of the entire year last year...very disappointing.

only thing i can say to help you is to not worry about it. the more you stress over it, the less you focus on the things you need to do that enabled you to be successful in the past.

Concentrate on little things like moving your feet, making a big hit, cycling well, playing well in D-zone, making good first passes. Don't try to do too much and it'll come. I'm in the same boat too..I just moved up a level, and its a huge difference between Bantam AAA and Prep hockey, so I'm slumping too. Just trying to keep my head free of whats going on and I think it'll come soon enouhg

same here, im really slumping. wierd thing is during exhibition i had a goal a game, then a 2 goal 3 point reg season game, and now without a point in the last 3-4 games.

one thing, i had pretty much 0 or 1 shot per game during the slump, i think i need to concentrate on playing "my game", and shotting the puck.

this for sure i am going to try: my friend got a 55% on his last midterm, so he printed out a blank page with a huge 97% on it. stared at it for 10 minutes, and then on the 2nd midterm he got 96.5%.

im gona print out a page of "3 goals" on it, and stare at it for 10. like ras'el'goul in batman begins said, "trainning is nothing, will is everything" (not that im saying its 100% true)

never heard of a socring slump.... lol ,j/k

i think slumps are outta your hands ,you just gotta wait to get lucky ,score and gain some confidence and youll score more

well being my second year of midget i sort of put a bit of pressure on myself to be more of a "offenceive defenceman" but instead i find myself being more of a sorta stay at home defenceman but still take some risk and jump up a few times a game. thisyear the goals arnt happening i still dont have any points but, as of the last about 7 games ive been focusing on getting a big hit to get my team pumped up.

Just heard this at the rink and NEEDED to pass it on. In Belarus, if you go 10 games without scoring, you piss on your hands, and the jinx is broken. The guy from Belarus just did this on my son's team, and the next 2 games he scored!

Just heard this at the rink and NEEDED to pass it on.  In Belarus, if you go 10 games without scoring, you piss on your hands, and the jinx is broken.  The guy from Belarus just did this on my son's team, and the next 2 games he scored!

Erm...... After u piss on ur hands do u wash em..... or put em straight into your gloves? :P lol! I am on a cold streak as well. :(

Just heard this at the rink and NEEDED to pass it on.   In Belarus, if you go 10 games without scoring, you piss on your hands, and the jinx is broken.  The guy from Belarus just did this on my son's team, and the next 2 games he scored!

Erm...... After u piss on ur hands do u wash em..... or put em straight into your gloves? :P lol! I am on a cold streak as well. :(

I suppose washing afterwards is up to your personal preference! Lets start a poll to see if it really works?

Just play the game. If you score, you score...the problem with sports is you get that one rotten banana who wants to do everything himself and ruins the team, not sayin you are, but dont turn into a goal hungry lunatic.

I have the same problem. 2 goals in 7 games thus far, but I should have about 10. I dance everyone, eyes get HUGE and cant seem to bury it.

I have the same problem. 2 goals in 7 games thus far, but I should have about 10. I dance everyone, eyes get HUGE and cant seem to bury it.

Sounds like you're sqeezing your stick when you get in close Cavs, make sure you stay calm and loose, even on breakaways, or at least don't squeeze the stick. :D