Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DLIGHTNING

Coolest Rink you have played in ?

wickedwrister, does jackson optimist still have like a 16 inch step to the bench?

Oh, yeh. The South rink (old side) still requires a parachute to get on the ice. They just re-did the whole rink (boards, glass, benches) but did not lower it to the ice surface. If you are not 5'08" or bigger, you CAN NOT hop from the ice to the bench over the boards.

My home ice groing up in S. Bend, Indiana. It is/was an old Studebaker steel mill. Crappiest building but if the ice was in good shape then it was the fastest rink around.

My second favorite is Lawson Ice Arena at WMU. I just used to love the whole environment there.

Both of those rink are great. South Bend does have some fast ice

Lacking the name...........boston univarsity's old arena (brown arena??) that was awsome..........aldo in boston, mass. theres an OLD rink that was basiacally inthe back yard of homes. The natick comets playued there. The Mass. state team.

Lacking the name...........boston univarsity's old arena (brown arena??) that was awsome..........aldo in boston, mass. theres an OLD rink that was basiacally inthe back yard of homes. The natick comets playued there. The Mass. state team.

Walter Brown Arena...used to skate there as a student but never got the chance to play there.

The coolest rinks I've played in is probobly the Johnstown War Memorial rink in WV where the Cheifs played or the slapshot movies were filmed or something to that effect I believe. Its got a real old school feel to it and when your entering the ice you have to step down like a foot and a half from the door in the corner. The bench doors were level with the ice though.

The other one is in Wheeling WV were the Wheeling Nailers play. That the only rink I've played in thats like a stadium with seats built up all around it all professional like. Granted there was only 40 people there but... Funny story with that is the Wheeling Nailers had a game later on that day, and both locker rooms were already being used by the pro teams there were going to play a few hours after us. Long and short of it is the midget team we were down there playing against got into a third locker room while we had to go down the hall and change in a conference room type thing with a carpeted floor and they had to find mats to put on the hallway floors so we could walk to the ice from wherever we were. Needless to say they probobly had to hire carpet cleaners because there was so much spit and sweat on their carpet. We won though, so its all good :)

The coolest rinks I've played in is probobly the Johnstown War Memorial rink in WV where the Cheifs played or the slapshot movies were filmed or something to that effect I believe. Its got a real old school feel to it and when your entering the ice you have to step down like a foot and a half from the door in the corner. The bench doors were level with the ice though.

The other one is in Wheeling WV were the Wheeling Nailers play. That the only rink I've played in thats like a stadium with seats built up all around it all professional like. Granted there was only 40 people there but... Funny story with that is the Wheeling Nailers had a game later on that day, and both locker rooms were already being used by the pro teams there were going to play a few hours after us. Long and short of it is the midget team we were down there playing against got into a third locker room while we had to go down the hall and change in a conference room type thing with a carpeted floor and they had to find mats to put on the hallway floors so we could walk to the ice from wherever we were. Needless to say they probobly had to hire carpet cleaners because there was so much spit and sweat on their carpet. We won though, so its all good :)

the arena in slapshot might have that name but the arena actually used was that of utica college in NY

i played in a rink in sweden and instead of plexi-glass it had cage!

it was awesome

haha i went to some horrible tourney in northern minnesota and it also had cage for glass. the boards were also solid wood so when you got hit into them you got the wind knocked out of you :lol:

coolest rink ive played in is in shelton ct... its three stories with a roink on the 1st and third florrs with a weight room on the second

I go to stick and puck there alot. Its only $10 for 2 hours and they have it almost everyday.

how bout the rink at the pomfret school where us beign the away team had to dress in a shack in a field and walk outside on rubber to the rink

yea i played there we had to get dressed in the shack and walk to the rink during a snowstorm

the old Sky Rink in NYC was on the corner of 33rd and 10/11th..it was on the 16th floor..when the 6-9AM pickup session would get going the sun would get in the goalie's eyes at one end!!

how bout the rink at the pomfret school where us beign the away team had to dress in a shack in a field and walk outside on rubber to the rink

I know what ur talking about, just had pratice there last night, they rebuilt it, its really nice now, no more shack dressing rooms.

Sky Rink, Dragon Center, Hong Kong.

The only rink where a layer of fog floats about head-level during the summer due to bad ventilation, and when fans are turned on to remove the fog, it starts raining due to condensation on the ceiling.

That and it's the smallest rink ever.

And has a roller coaster going above it.

How small? Thats me at the blue line. Notice the distance to the goal? :P

DSC0017.jpg

anyone ever played in Memorial in Brampton? When i played AA the ice was perfect, the dressing rooms were small and the atmosphere was great.

Another great rink the Powerade Centre in the Brampton Centre.

a Beauty & the John Labatt Centre played OFSAA there the year Before the Legendary Knights played

The coolest rink I've been to is Dahlgren Hall at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD. The ice is awful but the building is spectacular.

dahlgrenhall.jpg

mu@navypre.jpg

This seaplane hangs over the ice

ib2294.JPG

ib2295.JPG

The coolest rink I've been to is Dahlgren Hall at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD. The ice is awful but the building is spectacular.

How is the ice awful? sLUSHY OR WHAT?

Yeah, the building isn't cold so it takes forever to set up.

My home ice groing up in S. Bend, Indiana. It is/was an old Studebaker steel mill.  Crappiest building but if the ice was in good shape then it was the fastest rink around.

My second favorite is Lawson Ice Arena at WMU. I just used to love the whole environment there.

Are you talking about the Ice Box in South Bend? If so, that is my favorite rink to play at as well. Even though it is a crappy building it just has so much character and is always a lot of fun to play at. Also, Lawson at WMU is one of my favorites.

From the first page...

Yes, I was talking about The Ice Box in S. Bend, Indiana. The rink in the original building would break down all the time and the roof and or pipes would leak at times but when everything was working right it was a great rink. I haven't played there since I moved to Florida (5 or 6 years ago) but I will always have a fondness for that rink. I had some great years there.