Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

have any goalies here tried to use a sprung while playing net?

in theory it could help for goalies who like playing the puck or those who challenge out very far and need to break and change direction very quickly

Edited by bruins4777

He has some goalies testing them right now.

Are they testing the current sprung frame, or a different, goalie-specific one?

in theory it could help for goalies who like playing the puck or those who challenge out very far and need to break and change direction very quickly

I thought I heard some durability issues (puck its an arm, which breaks) which would be a bigger concern for goalies. Thicker ones, or different material maybe?

He has some goalies testing them right now.

Are they testing the current sprung frame, or a different, goalie-specific one?

I thought I heard some durability issues (puck its an arm, which breaks) which would be a bigger concern for goalies. Thicker ones, or different material maybe?

They are the same frame as the player frame. The new model has been vastly reinforced, structurally. The thing is hard as a rock.

Edited by kovalchuk71

Easton made a 6 wheel frame IZ it was called. ran 6 50mm wheels, and depending on your weight, you could run anywhere from 12 to 0 bearings...

A goalie should be the best skater on the team.

I don't know how well the frame would work with 59mm, or 47mm wheels for that matter.

Easton made a 6 wheel frame IZ it was called. ran 6 50mm wheels, and depending on your weight, you could run anywhere from 12 to 0 bearings...

A goalie should be the best skater on the team.

I don't know how well the frame would work with 59mm, or 47mm wheels for that matter.

How do you play with zero bearings?

I think the whole 'the goalie is the best skater on the team' myth is just that, a myth. I've seen a lot of pretty good goalies play out and I've never once thought to myself 'damn, that guy can really skate'.

I concur. I'm a goalie and i know several other goalies who are very very poor skaters playing out. I only know one goalie who can play out and his skating isn't ultra lacking, even so his skating stride is rather duck like.

Nonetheless, goalies do have to be the best at moving around in their radius and shuffling, but overall skating, no way.

i disagree the outstanding goalies i know might not put some of the best forwards to shame. but they are the most sound and overall better skaters that I have seen.

I know a coulpe of pro icehockeygoalies and most of them skate average at best if you put them in the "outfield" but their closing speed backwards is really good.

Needless to say they all played on defense.

Not bad. They were being a pain in the butt today. Took me 2 hours just to replace the ones that fell off of the back :huh:

There are times that my wife has told me to take them up to my office because she's tired of hearing me cuss for 30 minutes over one miss-threaded screw. The rest of them might take 10 minutes and an hour and five nuts and screws for one stinker. Long live mounting machines.

More screws and nuts on the way. ;)

Thanks Keith. Yea, I bought a few new ones and replaced some of the old ones, and I got a few in, but there was a lot of language involved. The threading is SO annoying. That's what made it so difficult. Why cant the threads work with no problems? Nah, that's to easy. ;)

Well, now that I've posted my 492 Sprungs in the Sprungs thread, I guess I might as well post the other pair of 492s I had Jay Mazer convert for me. Despite the fact that I still have the soft Labeda Millennium wheels on them, they serve their purpose as my outdoor skates quite well.

TriDiTacks.jpg

Well, now that I've posted my 492 Sprungs in the Sprungs thread, I guess I might as well post the other pair of 492s I had Jay Mazer convert for me. Despite the fact that I still have the soft Labeda Millennium wheels on them, they serve their purpose as my outdoor skates quite well.

TriDiTacks.jpg

What size wheels are those?

What size wheels are those?

Initially they were the correct size for the Tri-Di chassis (80-76-76-72) but since I'm terribly harsh on my wheels outside, particularly the back ones, they all look like 72mm wheels now. Yes, it looks terrible, but they work just fine.