Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

I posted in my local league facebook page looking for people selling the MG Vanguard or the Hummer 9000. If I don't get any bites I will have to order a new one online. I only buy skates once every few years and I like for them to be perfect (at least for a while).

Image does look usable but then again the I can't see the crack that you are mentioning. As you said the crack goes all the way through I would be cautious to skate on them. Last thing you want to do is blow the frame while playing and injuring yourself. Take them back show them what they did to the frame. See if they will replace them or at least inquire what they could do to help the situation (having them pay for a welder to strengthen the cracks). Although if I were you I would not allow them to put the chassis on any boot. Good luck!

Do you prefer the tuuk customs over ls2s?

Yes. Felt too much on my toes and it affected my skating to a certain extent. I didn't want to go through the changing of the steel (balance/radius and so on) on the LS2 so best fit was to go with a goodie but oldie set up. I'm have a pair of LE one60 that I'm skating on trying to get accustom to the LS2 blade due to the cost of having to swap the whole blade if the Custom steel breaks.

do you find a big difference between the aluminum and magnesium vanguard?

I can't answer that for you since I've skated in the Mag frame for the last 3 years. I've skated in a Aluminum mission frame, however this was one of their old frames from the late 90's/early 2000's. The wheel set up was 72's upfront and 80's in the back compared to 76's/80's of today is a difference but until I get my hands on a aluminum 76's/80's frame I can not give you a answer. What I can tell you is that I put both frames (Alumn & Mag) through hell and have yet to crack or break the frame. This is both playing indoors and out and in both hot and cold weather. Let me know this help you out whatsoever, if you do have more questions feel free to PM so that the thread is kept in the right direction.

I posted in my local league facebook page looking for people selling the MG Vanguard or the Hummer 9000. If I don't get any bites I will have to order a new one online. I only buy skates once every few years and I like for them to be perfect (at least for a while).

My rink just got 2 sets of skates back from them(SH Location) and they looked awful..

Hi,

I am not doing an ice to inline but wanting to do an inline to ice conversion. Just need some help in what size runners etc to buy, they will only be used for the odd pick up game (2 on2) as our rink is tiny and the only one within 1300km.

I have a brand new pair of Mission Commander Boots (no chassie) i Us8.5D ( Bauer Sizing )

Should be the same size ie a Bauer 8.5 ice boot.

Depends, the original commander and commander black are shoe size rather than skate size. Only the SE would have been skate size

Depends, the original commander and commander black are shoe size rather than skate size. Only the SE would have been skate size

Tthe are the Commander SE, With the bauer toe cap. Also have size 10 shoe on the size tag.

Never played inline but got a pair of tour carbon pro skates for $15 that were broken and had the chassis put on my old ice skates, looking forward to trying inline out, the wheels seem pretty big though, any thoughts?

inlinev.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chassis mount looks ok. Its probably just an optical thing - how'd the feel when you skate - thats what matters most :)

Did you have to dremmel the sole to accomodate the all 80's?

chassis mount looks ok. Its probably just an optical thing - how'd the feel when you skate - thats what matters most :)

Did you have to dremmel the sole to accomodate the all 80's?

Ive never tried inline so felt pretty weird, just had a quick skate around in them, havent played yet but felt unbalanced, maybe just cause im used to ice skating and its a slightly different feel

No bud, nothing at all, they fitted straight oin, there was a smallish hole in the sole that the tuuks covered up, and the front wheels sit neatly in that so was pretty lucky that way

Hi everyone,

new guy here, this place is GREAT, so much info to learn,

anyway, i recently had my Bauer ONE55 (unworn) ice skates converted to roller and i was say i'm over the moon with them,

i have used the chassis from my CCM V06, which are a tri-di lite, 80,76,76,72

but the composite outsole has started coming away from the boot,

has anyone had this problem with their conversion, if so what could i do

Can you post a picture - you sau unworn..do you mean they've never been used and the seperation occurred whilst getting them converted?

yeah i'll get a picture up as soon as i work out how to,

they were worn for 20 mins on ice before i quickly switched back to my old one, due to the pain of breaking them in. :facepalm:

i had them converted and then baked at the shop and they felt like slippers, granted the rivets are coming away slightly which was expected, the shop told me just to take them back in and they would re tighten the rivets.

but when i went to put them on yesterday and noticed the sole coming away,

boots are aired out in room temp after every use,

pic will follow

kris

imag0205plk.jpg

imag0204n.jpg

Edited by HappyDouta#19

epoxy it, or use some kind of super glue and squeeze some in there (take the insoles out) - basically anything strong enough to plug that gap and add strength. Make sure you clean it up ie the excess before it dries. Other than that, I dunno what else you could do.

When they have fixed the chassis on, it looks like theyve had to bend the sole to affix it. Its under way too much pressure from the conversion, I'd be raging. They should have used a shim at the rear of the boot to relieve the pressure.

Edited by Kanya

granted the rivets are coming away slightly which was expected, the shop told me just to take them back in and they would re tighten the rivets.

I would be concerned with a shop expecting the rivets to move once there in place (unless they have rusted and need replacement). Not to say that it doesn't happen. Are you taking about the copper rivets or the standard ones?

epoxy it

When they have fixed the chassis on, it looks like theyve had to bend the sole to affix it. Its under way too much pressure from the conversion, I'd be raging. They should have used a shim at the rear of the boot to relieve the pressure.

+1 I would also take them back to the shop and have them install shims on both heels are per Kanya. After which I would apply epoxy the affected area.

Thought I include a video that shows what shims are and how they install it. Shim info starts at 23 seconds of the video.