Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedAce

Best one on one move

What is the best one on one move you've ever seen???

I Remeber one by the Late Great Valery Kharlamov, i can hardly explain it but he left 2 Team Canada players shaking there heads.

Basicaly he had 2 Team Canada players on him and in one quick move he as a left handed shot droped the puck back between his legs caught it with his left skate and kicked it back up to his stick leaving the two players to almost run into each other as he skated away.

Now i know what i wrote doesn't do the move justice.

I can try to find the game this was from and post it but i do remeber that Canadian TV showed this over about 5 times and the broadcaster kept saying how he'd never seen anything like that before. And for as long as i've been watching hockey 20+ years now i've never seen anyone else pull that move off in a game.

So what are some of your favorite moves that you've seen a player do one on one?? If anyone has video please post it.

Alexander Ovechkin when he puts it through his legs. I've tried it a few times and it is VERY affective.

To see it go to nhl.com then highlights, PowerAde Plays of the Week, November 28. Its a little past half way through after Crosby.

i liked it when AO played the stars i think, and just leveled the D-man coming down the boards. he lost the puck but it was a pretty nice move :P

Torhs Natoinals in Detroit AAA 18u. Player is on one on one about at blue line. Taps it behind the D about three feet behind him. Then the guy does a 180 to the right to get around the D. then wennt in and wooped the goalie on a deke. It may not sound like it took much but it has to take some talent because one hand bumping you while your doing a 180 and your on the ground.

my best one on one move is to take the other team's goalie out for some drinks before the game..... that way he doesn't move too well

like coming in on one on one

go in say yur left handed on the right wing, and put it through your legs and ittl leave the dman hanging!

EFFECTIVE!!

When you are close behind a guy, so he can not see you, bash him a number of times with the stick trying to steal the puck, then switch hands holding the stick and reach around and pick-pocket the puck. Always a crowd peaser!

The best one-on-one move is a pass to the open man. :P

Gretzky curl and wait for help if you have hands like mine.

If your rh coming down the right wing, a toe drag to the inside works. Or if your rh coming down the the left wing AO it between your legs up to yourself, I like to fake a shot then AO it off the skate and to myself.

What is the best one on one move you've ever seen???

I Remeber one by the Late Great Valery Kharlamov, i can hardly explain it but he left 2 Team Canada players shaking there heads.

Basicaly he had 2 Team Canada players on him and in one quick move he as a left handed shot droped the puck back between his legs caught it with his left skate and kicked it back up to his stick leaving the two players to almost run into each other as he skated away.

Now i know what i wrote doesn't do the move justice.

I can try to find the game this was from and post it but i do remeber that Canadian TV showed this over about 5 times and the broadcaster kept saying how he'd never seen anything like that before. And for as long as i've been watching hockey 20+ years now i've never seen anyone else pull that move off in a game.

So what are some of your favorite moves that you've seen a player do one on one?? If anyone has video please post it.

Sean Skinner talked about doing that same move on his videos.

Best move as in crowd pleaser, I would say the Spin'Orama (of the ones I can do)

But best move in a game, as in effective, is speed on the outside.

Ask any good defender and he will tell you it's a b**ch to defend against a guy coming full speed.

And the "AO" move, which is not his. but seen often by him (sort of like the Forsberg move.... which we've seen some Russians do alot of time before he did it... ) anyway.

On the AO move there is a 50-50% chance you'll get killed, all the D-men on my team get christmas lights in their eyes when some poor sucker tries the move...

It's very easy to defend against unless your unprepared.

it can be any move but its the one that you can sell the best. in other words if you have 2 or 3 that the defense falls for every time, then that is the best. ie kovalev could probably pull off the most basic move 3 times in a row on the same guy just cause hes that good

But best move in a game, as in effective, is speed on the outside.

Ask any good defender and he will tell you it's a b**ch to defend against a guy coming full speed.

Full speed is easy. You push them to the outside, take the body, and let your backchecker or D partner clean up the garbage. Works even in a non-checking league.

The tough thing to handle is a pair of forwards who know how to skate to open space and make accurate passes. If you have good passing hands or you know how to find open space, you're money. How do you think Brett Hull, Wayne Gretzky, etc had such amazing success? The best one-timer in the world is worthless if there's a big D-man standing in front of you blocking shots.

Go ahead, bring it full speed. You'll lose the puck or end up in the corner -- and I drew two penalties last game digging pucks out of the corner as a D-man.

go in say yur left handed on the right wing, and put it through your legs and ittl leave the dman hanging!

EFFECTIVE!!

Like said previously, I get stars in my eyes when I see this as a defenseman.

What honestly gets me a lot as a defenseman is when a forward has a good backhand to forehand deke. I got burned tonight twice buy a forward who looked like he was going to do the whole backhand pull to reach past me (even his hips/chest said it!) only to deke forehand and barrel around me.

my favorite is to wide forehand to backhand under the dmans stick with speed

the protect with ur hand and knee if ur fast u get by him and get an open shot on goal

maybe not the most pretty but it gets the job done

Anyone see Vinny Lecalvier make that pens dman fall on his ass last night with a between the legs one on one move..It was a good one until he couldn't pull the trigger for the shot.

go in say yur left handed on the right wing, and put it through your legs  and ittl leave the dman hanging!

EFFECTIVE!!

What honestly gets me a lot as a defenseman is when a forward has a good backhand to forehand deke. I got burned tonight twice buy a forward who looked like he was going to do the whole backhand pull to reach past me (even his hips/chest said it!) only to deke forehand and barrel around me.

i guess i'll just have to learn the hard way :blink: :P

I usually find success by attacking at 3/4 speed, then when the D tightens up, kick it in high and blow around. Burn em a few times with that and they'll back up faster, opening up so much more time and space...then it's showtime.

From a d-mans perspective, you have to judge your speed on the forewards, so if they aren't going full speed then you don't, but a burst of accelleration will leave you hanging. So if your near the boards, hard of the boards, a few quick steps and round the d, spin if he holds or hooks you, usually the d will panic and you will either get away from them or get a pp for your team

go in say yur left handed on the right wing, and put it through your legs  and ittl leave the dman hanging!

EFFECTIVE!!

i guess i'll just have to learn the hard way :rolleyes: :P

Someday, someday ;)

I was all for doing stuff like that until a very hungry defenseman caught me in the middle of that move and I ended up on my ass. IF you have a defenseman who can't play the body very well, this is a great move. Once you get the defenseman who you know are watching your chest/hips, your days are numbered.

Generally, the in-between the legs type of moves are only tried by kids these days who haven't met an agressive defense.