Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sassmasta

07 Mission Gear

Haha YOU want the Vibe.

What material is used on the side/forefoot area to prevent floorburn?

Is it just plastic or something more complex?

Im sure the new WL is a solid skate but Im a little dissapointed in the "look", then again when you compare it to the old WL, which I think is one of the nicest looking boots ever, its hard to compare. I think you should have stayed with the old WLlook but with the new materials, chassis, wheels.

Besides the vast majority of your customers wouldnt even know that the lgraphics/look were used in a previous model.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

What does a traditional looking boot look like?  All black?

IMHO, yes...black/grey with little design, very simple looking boot, and with a silver alloy chassis. (but that's ideal for me :D )

I think the mission d1c boot with eyelets would have been more to what style I'm talking about. Although they may not be considered by some to be completely traditional (which I agree, let's get a description of what that would be) the look was great. I am also fond of the old Proto VR series with the silver penetrator chassis.

NO VIBE EVER!!!

:) As long as we can have clear pepsi.

You wouldn't happen to have had a hand in the design of the vibe did you?

Stellar styling on the Wicked lights, looks like a classic muscle car with "go faster" stripes. Nice.

Yep...the car themes continues...lol I want a Gran Torino version...red boot with white stripe.

I seem to remeber the first WL had a German army "type" badge on the side & were quickly replaced by the " Wicked lite" badge on the ankle ! , no iv not been drinking & have just found a picture of it !! :wacko:

I seem to remeber the first WL had a German army "type" badge on the side & were quickly replaced by the " Wicked lite" badge on the ankle ! , no iv not been drinking & have just found a picture of it !! :ph34r:

Please post a pic of it!

That logo was in the catalog the year we never deliver the WL skate. If you look closely the pic in the catalog was just a photoshop file...The skates actually never came with the German Army logo....

I am down in Atlanta for ECHO Nationals and just saw the Mission 07 line at one of the rinks. They are all freaking awesome IMO. They had 4 skates there, the Wicked Light 1, 3, 5, and 7, along with a bunch of pants, the new camo stick, and some gloves.

As far as the Wicked Light 1 (top of the line ones Justin showed us) they just look and feel sick. They are very light, quite a bit lighter than my 9500s I currently skate in. They felt very stiff though, just about as stiff as the current line. The new black Mg-alloy chassis with the 76-76-80-80 system looked great as well.

My favorite new feature though was the tongue. Like the 06 line the lower middle portion of the tongue was stiff and padded. The outside and the top of the tongue though was made of some ventilated microfiber material that was very soft and flexible. You could crumple it up in your hand but then it would go back to normal as soon as you let go.

The inside of the boot felt nice. It was made of some sort of synthetic leather type material. It looked like the stuff on the inside of the 9500 except it was a little softer and smoother.

As far as gloves go they were very light just like the skates. I thought the cuff was a little small but the styling and the padding was pretty solid.

in the picture justin showed us i saw skate with red another pair with yellow and the skates next to the wicked lights along with others i was wondering are those all wicked light series or another series of skates

Hehehe, performance so juiced it's patented... Now thats a catchline that'll appeal to the kids. JK Justin, nice kicks

In that picture you can really see that there are SOME design cues that harken back to the old WL's... simple lines, carbon boot patterns. Very nice... and I'm a Tour guy!

That'd likely be the WL "3"... judging from the arrangment of the chassis in the pic and knowing the black is the top o' the line. The second to the top Mission is usually primarilly black... Its tradition =)