Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

Just saw this on Hockey Monkey's web site as an alternative to taping your stick.Tacki-Mac Command Grip

Was just wondering if anyone here had ever used these and what your opinion was of them. Specifically are they better than tape and do they last longer.

Thanks in advance for your input. ;)

They are awesome. Great grip, neat looking, plus you will not get holes in the palms of your top glove anymore, that's the best thing about these grips. They do not wear out either, you'll need a new stick before you wear one out. Retail for $4.99. Comes in many colors. IMO, the Command Wrap Big and the Command ribbed are the best models. I think at last count 40+ NHLrs were using them.

They are awesome. Great grip, neat looking, plus you will not get holes in the palms of your top glove anymore, that's the best thing about these grips. They do not wear out either, you'll need a new stick before you wear one out. Retail for $4.99. Comes in many colors. IMO, the Command Wrap Big and the Command ribbed are the best models. I think at last count 40+ NHLrs were using them.

Thanks Jimmy, have you tried the the attack pads for your stick blade? And do you know of any online retailer who is selling the Command Ribbed in black. I've been looking and all I can find is pink in that particular model.

I use them (just started). Love 'em!

Can anyone tell me if theirs a big difference between these and the oggie grips, and which one is a better 'bang for your buck.'

Can anyone tell me if theirs a big difference between these and the oggie grips, and which one is a better 'bang for your buck.'

The Oggie is an actual grip/ plug that adds length to your shaft. This is a textured rubber grip that slides over your shaft. Think of it as a permanent tape job that won't stain or rip you gloves.

I believe these slide over the end of your shaft, whereas the Oggie Grip is an extension, so it replaces six inches of the your shaft. If you have small to medium hands, the Oggie Grips will probably fit your hand better (especially if you use an Ergo Grip). However, if you have large hands the Tacki-Macs would probably fit better.

The Oggies have built-in flex and have been measured to produce harder shots, but they cost more, so "bang for the buck" would be a personal preference thing. For me, I like the smaller diameter that Oggies offer, although I don't like the tackiness of the Oggies against the rubber grip in my gloves' palms, so I've taped the Oggie to allow better movement. Obviously, I think I would similarly dislike the tackiness of the Tacki-Mac and would also tape over them if I used them.

i've used them for about 2 years now. i love them. it feels nice and is softer than just taping up a stick. grip is still good. i ended up buying another one for my other stick. the good thing is you can move it to any stick and save your tape for other things.

Sweet, I'll give this a try for sure. I already use the blade shark for my blades instead of tape and love it. This will mean my days of tape are over.

Anyone know an online retailer selling the Tackie-Mac Command Ribbed in black. I can't find one to save my life.

. Online guys are not the only source. Ask your LHS to get some. That's how I started selling them 3 yrs ago, one of my customers asked if I could get them. Since then, I've sold hundreds.

. Online guys are not the only source. Ask your LHS to get some. That's how I started selling them 3 yrs ago, one of my customers asked if I could get them. Since then, I've sold hundreds.

It's a 30 minute ride one way to my LHS and thats if there's no traffic. If thet've got them great, but i doubt they do, and if it's all the same i'd rather just go ahead and order them and wait for them to come. If I could ever find one in black.

On a side note, I did ride out the LHS last weekend and picked up the rest of my gear I hadn't already ordered online (shin guards, shoulder pads, pants, socks, practice jersey and garter belt). So hopefully I'll have the balls to go to my first stick and puck Wednesday night and not embarrass myself to bad . Wish me luck ;)

Was checking out their site and was surprised to see they're made in my hometown, Kingwood, TX... like 5 minutes away from where I moved from last summer

I use them and they give great grip. I cut down the butt end of the grip so it is only slightly under 3/8 inch wide and it works well.

On another note, does anyone know how to get the grips off your stick without damaging them? The blades I'm using now have a shorter hosel so I need a longer butt end for my sticks and don't want to buy new grips.

Roll them off and then cut through the sticky tape with a razor and carefully peel it off. You should be able to reuse it.

I know thisis a little off topic, but I've been looking for a source on Franklin Attack pads and can't find them anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sources on Bauer Optotape would be great too, because as far as I know, neither product is produced anymore, or at least, dealt to Canada.

I know thisis a little off topic, but I've been looking for a source on Franklin Attack pads and can't find them anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sources on Bauer Optotape would be great too, because as far as I know, neither product is produced anymore, or at least, dealt to Canada.

I think greatskate has the franklin ones

These are nice, but they get cut pretty easily I think. I have four of them on my R2Xn10's (game sticks) and they all have been used twice, and three of them are quite torn/cut from skates or other stuff, I'm not exactly sure how the cuts got there, but they tear pretty easily from my experience.