Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

cant order online, need these by sunday. Im going around town to every hardware\specialty bolt store to see if they have anything.

anyways heres a mockup of what theyll look like, ill be getting new black\grey rink rats too, thats if i ever get these mounted, these stupid skates are horrible to mount on. definatly not getting these skates again.

P3040304.jpg

got enough for 2 more mounts... should do it ...FOR NOW ;)

trying to cut down, didnt you see my sale thread? The only thing I need now would be a pair of Graf G70, but those cost a little more than I can afford now with the money I have to spend on a dog.

Btw, anyone know where to get some Orange Waxed Laces?

where the heck are you guys finding the t nuts and bolts? Lowes or fastenals doesnt even have anything close. I thought for sure fastenals would but they dont. Looking for 6\32 t nuts right? and 1\4th bolts to fit that? and a 1 inch bolt to pull the t nuts down?

I work at a Lowe's and that is where I got my t-nuts, but I recently noticed that we took them off the shelf. Maybe your Lowe's did the same thing?

I work at a Lowe's and that is where I got my t-nuts, but I recently noticed that we took them off the shelf. Maybe your Lowe's did the same thing?

probably, they didnt have squat, and usually dont for bolts and nuts around here. Thankfully we have a specialty bolts\nuts place within 20 miles with nothing but a warehouse full of nuts\bolts and they had what i needed.

Real Zombies!! These are OG 9s, which is like a 7.5 Bauer. I'd forgotten about the total elastic side straps holding the tongue down inside the boot. It's like trying to mount boots on a slingshot. Two hands and a foot monkey mounts. :facepalm:

9AmpFly.jpg

9AmpFlyA7.jpg

finally got these freaking things done, worst skate to mount any chassis on. I hope they are alligned right because im not re doing them, took longer than needed

skates.jpg

finally got these freaking things done, worst skate to mount any chassis on. I hope they are alligned right because im not re doing them, took longer than needed

skates.jpg

There are much worse, but for a first shot those are plenty tough enough. Looks like you did a great job, too. If they are even close to the ice blade line they'll be fine. ;)

Guys playing the game after mine were hanging around our bench last night. Started asking me a lot of questions, I gave them the web site. I've been giving out the site all the time lately it seems.

There are much worse, but for a first shot those are plenty tough enough. Looks like you did a great job, too. If they are even close to the ice blade line they'll be fine. ;)

they are dead one! well the rear on both of them are litterally like 1mm off (probably less) but that probably doesnt matter. Im sure ill be getting a lot of questions at the rink tomorrow!

Guys playing the game after mine were hanging around our bench last night. Started asking me a lot of questions, I gave them the web site. I've been giving out the site all the time lately it seems.

Same thing happened to me when I started out on sprungs... I think that everyone in the league has seen me play on them already (not a good thing since I suck) but a lot have commented that the chassis is really something robust. I block a lot of shots and have taken full wind up slappers to them before with no problems.

looks good ncbrock... skated on them yet?

what did you use to mount??

Yeah, speaking about the strength of the frames. I took a slapper off my XXV shins early in my game last night, my leg is sore as hell today. The same guy took another full power slapper later in the game that went right off my skate and there was no problems at all.

Same thing happened to me when I started out on sprungs... I think that everyone in the league has seen me play on them already (not a good thing since I suck) but a lot have commented that the chassis is really something robust. I block a lot of shots and have taken full wind up slappers to them before with no problems.

looks good ncbrock... skated on them yet?

what did you use to mount??

Ill be skating on them tomorrow, I have skated around the house though, feel fine for now, i hope all my hardware holds up. I used 8\32 weld nuts and 1\2 in hex bolts in the front and 3\4 in the back. weld nuts were a pain, some of my holes were really close to the edge so i had to dremel off a lot of material on some weld nuts to get it to fit.

It was my first time doing something with skates, im pretty mechanical savy (me and my dad have built a car, i ride\fix dirt bikes) it wasnt too hard, it was just nerve wrecking because i could ruin a brand new pair of skates (these had about 3 ice practices on them) and then id be stuck using my old crappy cobalt 9.9's

EDIT:

got my first skate on them and one word to describe them is, WOW. Im pretty light (130) I couldnt really tell the affects of the frame standing or trying to think about it. The biggest factor to me is stopping, I could stop on a dime my first time with these, noticeably quicker\smoother than my old skates. Im also a d man and skating backwards felt simply awesome, also crossing over felt amazing. As far as my mounting job goes, the frame seemed stable and rigid, and it did not feel akward or pulling any direction. I cant really say if i mounted it too far forward or back, seems fine to me though the arch of my foot did feel like it was cramping when skating, so i dont know what that means.

Over all, i love the frame and will be doing using them for a long long time.

the arch of my foot did feel like it was cramping when skating, so i dont know what that means.

I had that too when I first started on sprungs (other MSHers have too). It goes away. I think I remember something about using certain muscles in your feet that you're not used to, but that might not be right. Either way, the cramping should go away after a little while.

I had that too when I first started on sprungs (other MSHers have too). It goes away. I think I remember something about using certain muscles in your feet that you're not used to, but that might not be right. Either way, the cramping should go away after a little while.

it was also only when i stood still, if i was moving my feet, or sitting down on the bench it didnt hurt, weird. either way i still love the frames to death.

Order from mcmasters... delivered to your doorstep.

link to screws/bolts http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screws/=639cs4

link to tnuts http://www.mcmaster.com/#tee-nuts/=639d04

Northstar.... those would do the trick, but you then have to ensure that the length of the screw/bolt doesnt dig into your feet. Check out the above links I sent you.. McMasters has a good range of tnuts & bolts, and if you choose the bolts with the flange head you dont need the washers.

Northstar.... those would do the trick, but you then have to ensure that the length of the screw/bolt doesnt dig into your feet. Check out the above links I sent you.. McMasters has a good range of tnuts & bolts, and if you choose the bolts with the flange head you dont need the washers.

some people said to go with 3\8th for the front and 1\2 for the rear, its probably different for every boot, but I had to use 1\2 for the front and 3\4 for the rear, and nothing is poking now and I did not have to grind. So id get like 1 of each from your local hardware store or something to see which ones you need first.

Hey guys i have several questions about the sprung frames if you could help me out.

1- I have played roller hockey my whole life, and i have been using the labeda humer chassis for the last five years. Considering that i have never played ice hockey would the sprung be as beneficial to my game as lets say and ice hockey player?

2- I have an a8 sprung chassis but it is too big for my boot, if i get the a7 frame would the rocker arms fit from the a8 on it, so i could save some money?

Thanx

Neo.. to answer your questions:

1) I am also only an inline hockey player, only tried to ice skate a handful of times and hated it. It will take a little adjustment to get used to the sprungs, but believe me they are worth it. I've skated on hilos for about 8 years before swapping to sprungs, and will never go back (also tried vanguard, big wheel, flat 76mm, tridi just to name a few)

2) the A8 and A7 parts are interchageable, so you can use them on each other. The A7 would be perfect for your size skate, as I'm using the A7 and love them to death.

Hey guys i have several questions about the sprung frames if you could help me out.

1- I have played roller hockey my whole life, and i have been using the labeda humer chassis for the last five years. Considering that i have never played ice hockey would the sprung be as beneficial to my game as lets say and ice hockey player?

2- I have an a8 sprung chassis but it is too big for my boot, if i get the a7 frame would the rocker arms fit from the a8 on it, so i could save some money?

Thanx

1. Absolutely. I've never played a game of ice hockey in my life. I switched to sprungs... I'll never go back. You get the speed and grip advantage of 80mm wheels but you're still more maneuverable than ever before.

2. I'll let someone else answer this one for sure, But I do believe that the a7's and a8's have interechangable hardware and rocker arms. Being a size 12/13, I don't really have to worry about these things ;) What make/size boot is it? *Edit - Wascally Wabbit... he beat me to it. Sounds like swapping to an a7 chassis is the way to go*