Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

will the a7 fit on a bauer size 8d?

Yes. You will have to go with a 3 bolt setup in the rear, you drill a hole in the center of the rearmost portion of the chassis & use that & the two forward mounting holes already there. You can see my A7's on my Bauer XXV's (size 8D ) here.

It'd still be able to fit, but its all your personal preference...

at the moment I'm using a sprungs A7 chassis, but using 76mm wheels instead of the 80mm... main reason is that I've got lots of 76mm wheels, and I'm very happy with the wheelbase... makes me think about whether I should get another set on to put on some backup skates...

Thanks, Rob, beautyfull. I did a bunch of these chili peppers and was waiting on new boots but hey, gotta skate. :)

X30ChiliPepper.jpg

wow those are... flashy. I would like them with different wheels like some black wheels.

wow those are... flashy. I would like them with different wheels like some black wheels.

I think that's spelled FLASHY. When I was making them I was thinking Addictions. All the pepper colors including the black spots.

I took them FLASHY guys and some unmounted peppers (for the raffle) to a Kings thing last night and got to met the Nashville coaches. There is no hiding from equipment reps. They all wanted frames and maybe two of them knew the product. Actually I didn't get a chance to talk to the goalie coach, but he won the peppers in the raffle!!! "What the hell am I gonna do with these?" I told him they were good goalie skates, but I think they got taken away from him:lol: And a pair is going to the Red Wings thanks to Dr. John.

Total thanks to my pal Ken Baker, who's charity skate from San Diego to LA to drop the puck at the Kings game today, was the cause of it all. Ken was a bit stiff at the party, but he's almost there now. :)

got my second skate in on the sprungs (only once a week :angry: ) and the arch problem went away. Ive found that 76 hardness wheels work best for me weighing around 140.

Bit off topic with this... Saw a Div. 1 player at Puckhandlers (Victoria) yesterday rocking one90's with sprungs. Anyone from around here? Would have been the 1:40pm match.

guys how long is the a8 chassis. Not the wheel base, just the actual frame without the rocker arms. Im just trying to figure if i have the a8 or the a7, thanx

guys how long is the a8 chassis. Not the wheel base, just the actual frame without the rocker arms. Im just trying to figure if i have the a8 or the a7, thanx

what size skates?

IM looking to buy some frames. I havent played in about 4 years. I played for a few pro-teams back here in the early days of the MLRH (Washington Power, Philly Sting, DC Voltage).

I have some new Graf Supra 705's that I want to add some Sprung Frames to. Although it has been a bit since I have skated, I always skated with a rocker.... old school 405's with rocker spacers.. Sprungs sound like they fit my style of skating pretty good.

Problem, I have sent numerous emails to Sprung with no response... I want them to mount them for me. I kinda anal... I want a perfect fit. Any news on how to get a response from them.

Im 6'3 and 255lbs, will be playing on "Ice Court"... any wheel recommendations..... Red Stars were the best wheel back when I played..

IM looking to buy some frames. I havent played in about 4 years. I played for a few pro-teams back here in the early days of the MLRH (Washington Power, Philly Sting, DC Voltage).

I have some new Graf Supra 705's that I want to add some Sprung Frames to. Although it has been a bit since I have skated, I always skated with a rocker.... old school 405's with rocker spacers.. Sprungs sound like they fit my style of skating pretty good.

Problem, I have sent numerous emails to Sprung with no response... I want them to mount them for me. I kinda anal... I want a perfect fit. Any news on how to get a response from them.

Im 6'3 and 255lbs, will be playing on "Ice Court"... any wheel recommendations..... Red Stars were the best wheel back when I played..

I'm not getting your emails for some reason. keith@sprung-inline.com or sprungster9@gmail.com I can mount them for you. You have a good choice of wheels now. Revision Golds or their new wheel when it comes out. RR Hot Shots or Hornets 78A. And some I haven't tried yet, like the Addictions in the pic, and more.

These skates go all the way up to 11. Fortunately they are not 3.5" tall as shown, but full size 10s. Most fortunate as I wear a 9.5 and am not so tempted to "loose" them.

11K.jpg

So you guys have heard this many times already, but...

Got my first skate in with my sprungs on my favorite ice boot (Easton se10), and WOW. What an amazing frame, totally lives up to all my expectations: faster starts and tighter turns. Major props to Keith for designing and supporting such an awesome product, these are legitimate game changers.

EastonSe10Sprungs.jpg

Those 11ks look superb!

11K.jpg

They were more superb in my hands. I don't know how they work as far as stiffness, but as flexible as they are side to side, they don't seem to move much end to end. My guess is, when wrapped and pumped, the whole upper would transfer the torque without bending in one spot.

The Eastons look great too. I've never skated in any, but mounted many.

I just put in almost three hours on the Addictions at Covina, and they are the best wheels I've ever skated on. Actually by quite a bit, too. Mind you this is on Sprungs, but Rob said they would be the best, and rightio! They are hard and stiff and fast and don't bend side to side and made the suspension do all the work and stuck and stuck and stuck on any kind of turn. There was a marked improvement in overall performance, stability and particularly agility over every wheel I've ever used on Sprungs. Made the frames work that much better, cause it wasn't me suddenly improved. It'll be interesting to see how they are on other rinks and how long they hold up under generally sporadic use. But I've also managed to trash wheels in a single session, too, which did not happen.

very nice 11K's they are so sweet.

hey im looking for a little advice here, i have 2 sets of 9K's (inline 9k and ice 9k)

they are skate size 9.

i have bauer one90's in a size 8.75 with a set of sprungs.

what size type of sprungs do i require?

im going to mount both 9K's with sprungs.

any help is much appreciated

thanks, Baz5